Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    My two cents:

This is not a re-balancing of the combat system, but rather a complete overhaul of the entire economics behind combat and adventuring, the likes of which should not be happening long after the BETA phase ended.

Many players have invested time, effort and (in many cases) real money developing their islands based on an economic system that was supposed to have been finalised many months ago. This will not 'fix' the combat system. I believe this will 'break' it to the extent that players teetering on the edge will decide this is the final straw.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    No, you won't.

You'll lose a smaller number of high level troops.

Recruits will become obsolete for high level players, which is exactly how it should be.
    I don't mind losing a few high level troops, if they just balance out the time to replace them. By levelling up I gained more resources, not more hours in a day!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    No, you won't.

You'll lose a smaller number of high level troops.

Recruits will become obsolete for high level players, which is exactly how it should be.
    How can this be when they are making the enemies stronger? And from what i read and heard what you said is not true. You still lose hundreds if not thousands of troops only now they are the higher tiered ones, which are barely cheaper to produce, and the time to making them hasn't changed so far.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down Why...!?

Well I don't know where to start...there are some posts that make sense towards the new system (especially Gerontius has some really good points) but I still think that this is no good idea at this moment...here's why:

I would like to speak for those who are involved in the game almost three years now - three, two or one year it doesn't really change anything, that much time invested in the game this should be rewarded by BB but BB is constantly punishing these players (I mean promises of things we might not see ....well NEVER -> yes we've been waiting for PVP over two years now and still no PVP in foreseeable future .... not to mention other things that are not fixed and implemented but they were promised long time ago).

1) THIS is the most important thing in my point of view why the new system should be cancelled: WE HAVE BEEN BOULDING OUR ISLANDS TOO LONG - MAKING THE PRODUCTION CHAINS TO BE THE MOST EFFECTIVE WITH LEVEL 5 BUILDINGS WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF BUILDINGS IN EVERY CHAIN AND NOW WE SHOULD THROW ALL THE WORK AWAY AND ADAPT TO THE NEW SYSTEM / PRODUCT CHAINS -> THIS IS REALLY NOT NEEDED AT THIS POINT!? BTW THERE ARE MANY PLAYERS WHICH DON'T HAVE PLACE FOR THIS ON HOME ISLAND.

2) Let's forget for a moment about the production chains and let's focus on other things that really need some attention to be fixed:

a) Generals landing on the home islands: can someone from BB explain to us why we still have to deal with the stupid "not enough space" messages? Ok you fixed the graphics on the generals after two and a half years which makes I a bit easier to find some generals, but with 25 generals (if I didn't miss anything this is the max number of generals at this moment) on the island this is really something that takes too much space and needs a fix, e.g. floatable pontoon (ferryboat) where every general will have it's place & it will land at the same place every time

b) Sending generals to or from the adventures: this is another thing I don't understand...we still have to do this XXX number of times:
    Click adventure icon -> click Send army -> click to select ONLY one general and click OK -> repeat until it makes you insane ... WHY OMG WHY don't we get check boxes to select all the needed generals and send all in one wave?

c) Generals landing on the ADV island: this was probably one of the stupidest idea which was ever implemented in a game -> even though some of the adventures need 10+ generals to be sent to the island the landing spots are available only for x-y generals (depends on adv. -> 5 or 6 spots for example) and if you want to place a general (let's say #7) which is in star menu you have to move one of the landed generals to get this star menu general on the island and only after that can you move it to another sector or another place which was not pre-selected. [ removed ] Who benefits from this? ...or what is the purpose of this?

d) AFTER ALL THIS TIME ONLY 25 recruits/bow.../c/m/s/es/c/ab/lb in barracks!? ENOUGH SAID!

e) I'm sure there other aspect that needs attention but my post is becoming too long so I will just omit those aspects.

3) I've had a long list of comments prepared but because of 2e) I will end this now

PS - I know some of the things mentioned here have been already discussed elsewhere & aren't (maybe) directly connected, but I didn't saw any logical explanation and I will probably never see one...see my frustration? Sorry if something is not clear, I'm not native...please send me PM and I will try to respond & explain.

[ removed ]

EDIT: I agree with Ozzymandeus ... since this is no BETA anymore this kind of change should be annulled - BB you should have thought about this before BETA stage ended! & JiriTomiczek and others are right about the refund for MMA!

Hello sk_setttler,

Please don't use profanity on the forum, not even when abbreviated.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 02.09.14 at 06:29.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    [removed]

I've tried the new battle system on the test server and it will create chaos. Recruits are completely useless (for all levels), I will have to demolish my bronze sword economy and build what? Militia and Soldiers at twice and three times the price - or maybe pay stupid amounts of granite for stupidly priced "expert" buildings that no expert in their right mind would buy, let alone upgrade. So after spending double - are the rewards going to be halved? or will we get improved rewards? like more stupid buffs that do exactly the same as others, but only for one specific workshop?

BB please listen to the people who play the game - find out what is wrong and fix that. And fire whoever came up with these ideas - oops - that was probably the boss.
    Last edited by Fexno; 02.09.14 at 06:32.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Making so many game breaking changes in one go is crazy, its just too much to balance and test properly and compare. Changing a few details over a much longer time would work though, like removing weapons from loot, and adding to the remaining loot so there is still incentive to keep doing adventures.

World
    Newfoundland
    i like it a lot since it makes me lose less time playing.
    ty BB
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    [ removed ]

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Making so many game breaking changes in one go is crazy, its just too much to balance and test properly and compare. Changing a few details over a much longer time would work though, like removing weapons from loot, and adding to the remaining loot so there is still incentive to keep doing adventures.
    I wanted to write something like this in my post above but I forgot ...this is only way how it could make sense and how this could work IMHO, BUT I'll stick with my previous opinion that after all this time it's really bad idea ... just look at Davikat's post.

Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    i like it a lot since it makes me lose less time playing.
    ty BB
    LOL...this might be actually the point where I stop paying too and I will never come back -> I've had some - one or two or more - hiatus(es) over the years, but I always came back to play...maybe BB is saying it's time to move on
    Last edited by Fexno; 02.09.14 at 06:33.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I despair... relatively new player and spent so much time and effort trying to understand the truths of the economy and combat system and set out efficient ways to adventure for myself... only to have to start from scratch again. Not sure that is going to happen. It's a strategy game... and now you want me to start a new one beginning with correcting all the errors I've made in relation to what will be the new strategy game. Worse... it sounds like this change is imminent? Only by accident I find out about it due to boredom of maintenance and looking on the Facebook page.

World
    Northisle
    The thing I don't understand is that there was a survey on the combat system a few weeks ago, so either lots of people asked for these changes (and are now keeping very quiet through fear of the backlash!), or the survey was just for show...

Like I said before, losing a few higher level troops is fine, but not if nothing else in training them changes. The weapon cost isn't significantly reduced (especially for the higher level troops) and as far as we can see it's still days to make enough weapons to train the troops we're now going to lose (really, who's building cannon forges in the same numbers as bronze ws???!?).

Our guild was pretty divided, not between good and bad, but rather between 'wait and see', and 'BB breaks the game again'... And it looks like overall it's wildly unpopular, maybe it'll go the way of the rock demolition buffs, guild bank and various other ideas that never quite made it!

Reply to Thread