Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatini View Post
    I don't mind losing a few high level troops, if they just balance out the time to replace them. By levelling up I gained more resources, not more hours in a day!
    BB is interested in more hours: more new players is more hours ingame is better for for bb ...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolo View Post
    BB want this game to die out simple as that. Why hush about it and drag it out. Other pay/month mmo and "Free" webbased games thats not been doing well has at least said straight out, 6 month and then we close the servers and game is no more.

BB refuse to fix easy things in the game that EVERYONE want like item stacking/splitting, troop building etc etc.
    Why? They dont want us to have a good time playing, they want us to quit.

BB promise to publish some nice stuff like rock blasting, guild banks, more science stuff etc etc. Then after a few month not a word about it.

BB has 0 support and dont interact with players at all, only got a mods or two to keep the forum clean.

BB is launching a massive overhaul of the combat system wich will create a massive chaos. They will roll it out on live servers after 2 interns have play tested it for 2 weeks to make sure it is full of bugs (sorry my bad working as intended).
    You forgot the buy gems part .... *whistle* .. I've 172 premium day's left....

World
    Newfoundland
    As most of you might know, we are currently performing tests for a new combat system. Don't worry though, as our current one will continue to be a part of "The Settlers Online". In order to give the new combat system a solid foundation, we decided to do a much needed general overhaul, especially to the balancing.
    It seems people are missing the above quote from the sneak-peek, that the current changes that have gone on the test server are just a beginning. The changes are a basis, to be built upon by the new combat system. Granted, we still have no idea what that new system will be, but everyone seems to be complaining about something, without yet having the full picture, which seems rather premature to me.
    I would also like to point out that people have been asking for new, big changes to the game, complaining that there is nothing to do beyond lvl 50, that the game is stagnant. Well, here is something to do. We will have to make big changes, yes, but I personally find the current combat system a little boring, with guides already telling me the best way to complete an adv. There is no challenge, beyond building an economy to build my troops, which is not even hard because we get so many weapons from adventures. It makes sense to me to actually use the advanced weapons buildings we have available, instead of just building them for a quest and letting them sleep for ever more. Saying that it will take years to change the island economy to fit the new system, or even to get to lvl 50 seems to be missing the point, surely having something to do for the next couple of years is the whole point of a game. I am not saying the changes they have made are perfect, but I am looking forward to having a bit more of a challenge.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    It seems people are missing the above quote from the sneak-peek, that the current changes that have gone on the test server are just a beginning. The changes are a basis, to be built upon by the new combat system. Granted, we still have no idea what that new system will be, but everyone seems to be complaining about something, without yet having the full picture, which seems rather premature to me.
    I would also like to point out that people have been asking for new, big changes to the game, complaining that there is nothing to do beyond lvl 50, that the game is stagnant. Well, here is something to do. We will have to make big changes, yes, but I personally find the current combat system a little boring, with guides already telling me the best way to complete an adv. There is no challenge, beyond building an economy to build my troops, which is not even hard because we get so many weapons from adventures. It makes sense to me to actually use the advanced weapons buildings we have available, instead of just building them for a quest and letting them sleep for ever more. Saying that it will take years to change the island economy to fit the new system, or even to get to lvl 50 seems to be missing the point, surely having something to do for the next couple of years is the whole point of a game. I am not saying the changes they have made are perfect, but I am looking forward to having a bit more of a challenge.
    If we don't complain they might think we like the way things are now and that we agree with it. Its the worst thing we can do; staying silent and accepting it.

Also you might be bored and i'm a bit bored sometimes with the adventures. But there are far more people in this game, and if they want to keep attracting new players that might spend some money for gems then they shouldn't make it even harder for them to start and keep playing. It's already going to slow for alot of new people, why make it worse on them?

Why not make even more Fairytale like adventures, only on these the camps are randomly placed and the numbers of troops in them are random as well. This will give the higher level players something to do without punishing the rest.
    Last edited by Xadro; 02.09.14 at 08:01. Reason: spelling

World
    Newfoundland
    I must admit I am a bit of an optimist, always see the positive

And I like the idea of changing camps on an adventure, you never know, maybe we will be getting that.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Invested alot of time & Money into this game, but NOW it will for sure come to an end with this useless update. What has happend to the promise update in 2014 ?
    still missing these updates.....

"Battle System Re-Balancing" kills the fun in playing this game.

BB, please listen to people's opinion about this update, or you will loose many players.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    And these changes have to be fun?!?

World
    Newfoundland
    Until we see what the rebalancing of the enemy troops looks like, there's really no way to know if the adventures will become harder or easier, but I think the whole way we're framing this debate is wrong. As best I can tell, this is not really a change to the combat system but a change to the economy system.

What will really change on your adventures when they implement these changes? We'll need to remake all our guides. For a little while, people with a good grasp of maths and the combat system will have an advantage. Then new guides will be made, and it'll all go back to the way it was before.

On the other hand, the economy will be completely overhauled. The home island will look completely different. We'll need to produce new weapons, rejig our current weapons productions. I think, in principle these are very good changes. The way the high-level buildings have been pointless to build is a real issue, and a lot of TSO's issues comes from the fact that the devs have been working from a total lack of understanding of how the economy works. The use of mass recruits as cannon fodder instead of progressing to higher tier troops has had far-reaching implications. Saltpeter and Titanium have not had anywhere near the expected values, and all adventure specific resources have been much more plentiful than expected (granite and EWP should be way more sparse than it is).

Addressing these issues is a great idea. It should've happened two years ago. Now we have these huge, unwieldy islands to handle. It'll be expensive and annoying to move everything around.

The worst part of this isn't that it'll be inconvenient, though. It's that it'll be comlpetely ineffectual in changing the way combat works. We'll build new soldiers in different numbers. Read new guides, largely by the same people. My issue with this isn't that it changes too much. It's that the changes are fundamentally pointless. They do nothing to change the way the game is played.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    What is annoying me to the point of wanting to quit

Is now, Endless copper Mines is useless for a level 50 player.

BB you do realize its 60k gems for all 3 mines? Now that you made recruits as useful as a Easter bunny there is no point in having a copper/bronze chain at all at level 50, Most fairy tale or epic adventures will most likely not be do able using Recruits, you will likely need M or S to complete it which just strengthens my point.

So be warned up straight, if you go forward with these "Re-balance" I will be expecting massive compensation for the money I now wasted on a building that is no longer any use.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    this is worrying i invested alot into my recruit chain including 3 endless copper mines and like anything if you do nerf them what will you be doing to address that ..shame your not governed by real life trade laws where if a product is sold and then is made redundant them the buyer is compensated

Reply to Thread