Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Spoiler

You can find the thread here!

Please leave your comments and feedback below.

BB_Ravel

While the full battle system rebalancing has been marked outdated, The loottable did change and there were some changes made to units in Fairy Tale adventures (see 3rd post in this Dev Diary )

All feedback on PvP and Colonies are to be posted in the Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary thread from now on (25th of November, after the new deployment).

Please only use this feedback thread for all combat rebalancing feedback (loot change comments included).

Please provide arguments we can forward to the developers. What do you like about the changes? What don't you like? Comments saying "Game Over" or "RIP TSO" do not actually provide feedback. They do reflect that you are unhappy but no details as to the exact reasons of your unhappiness (Is it PvP you don't like? Is it the loot changes? etc).
    Last edited by Fexno; 25.11.14 at 20:16.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Adventure and General Changes
    ^^ So not content with nerfing the buff weapons you are now going to do the same with the generals.....

Please keep in mind that the upcoming test server game version is in an early state.
    The final version may differ. After the game version is finalised, a Dev Diary will be published.
    ^^ This normally means that after you have deployed the final version to live (and not test) you will publish a Dev Diary so don't bother visiting TSOTest and sending us Bug Reports as we will just ignore you and deliver a buggy version anyway!

We will deploy the first version containing the balancing adjustments on the international test server, enabling you to test these changes early. Unfortunately, we cannot adjust most of the texts at the moment,
    so a forum post is being prepared to inform you about the most important changes.
    ^^ We can spend 4 hours designing a new battle system but we can't be bothered to change the text (I really don't see how you can honestly say you cannot adjust the text unless the source code is so badly written the dev team don't understand it).
    As such don't bother sending us Bug reports as a) we don't read them, b) if we do read them we don't act upon them and c) the new behaviour isn't advertised so how can you know its a bug unless you know what the intent is.

That being said at least you are trying and I welcome change. Its just a shame as I welcome fixing existing problems above delivering new buggy content and delivering the stuff you have said you are working on rather than new stuff that this months Dev Team decide to focus on!

regards,
    Fish
    Last edited by fishslice; 01.09.14 at 14:46. Reason: Fixed blue links back to original post

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I look forward to looking at the changes, but I really can't see what constructive feedback can be given at the moment, seeing as all the sneak peak says is that things are going to change but we can't tell you any more!

The only specific information is regarding when the changes are available to test, and that appears to be wrong as the news page on the test server says maintenance there doesn't start till 1700 CEST!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    The only specific information is regarding when the changes are available to test, and that appears to be wrong as the news page on the test server says maintenance there doesn't start till 1700 CEST!
    Toastkid, that's why I said "It's planned to go live on Monday (Sept. 1st) around 15:00 (BST)." That was the original plan.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    by "General Changes", you mean:
    changes that are general?
    or generals that will be changed?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipez View Post
    by "General Changes", you mean:
    changes that are general?
    or generals that will be changed?
    First one as the changes are listed below.

Also, a post with more details on the changes has been added to the test server forums, as promised (it is now also linked in the original Sneak Peek post on our forum).
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 01.09.14 at 15:40.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    First one as the changes are listed below.
    nice, thx

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Now that the specific information is there, this looks really exciting, I can't wait to test it out

I might go and have a little cry about the 'all units inflict splash damage' part though ;P

World
    Northisle

World
    Newfoundland
    Does this post-->http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/20506 have a feedback thread yet?

I second the above commenter. Giving every unit splash damage takes away from strategic choices (should I send units with lower hp and higher damage or higher hp lower damage to achieve the best results?). Instead I think it should be a chance for splash damage, just like accuracy. Obviously lower units would have less and higher units have more.

And if you're already changing things, I have to mention this thing that bugged me ever since I first got high enough to make cavs: why do cavs hit like a girl??? I understand that the first strike needs something to balance it but it would make more (real life) sense to raise their maximum damage and take away from accuracy (like 50% or so).

Taking away the weapons from loot makes sense. I have been expecting it for a while to be honest. They really screw up balance. It will make everyone cry, just like the production changes. I imagine most level 50s will be appalled that they need to build weapon production and rebalance the rest and they don't have enough place on their island so I'd suggest break out those explosives at the same time as well or give them more space some other way. But I don't think they are bad changes. They make the game less stale. And at least salt will be finally useful.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this feedback but the original post had no feedback link.

Ps. nice screencaps of those Excel spreadsheets

Reply to Thread