Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadro View Post
    And that is why he uses 'I' the whole time and starts with

I agree with him on his points though, so that's at least 2 he speaks for
    What I meant was: "I have yet to discover a player that thinks this new battle thing is a good idea, and embraces with enthusiasm"
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Adishem View Post
    Fairly sure BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA just missed a comma and meant to say, "You don't, you speak for every player on every server." Hence agreeing completely with the OP, and you.

Oh, and with me as well!
    I did, as many will concur my grammatical skills leave a lot to be desired….plus i have had a REALLLLLYYY bad day and now found that a game i enjoy is now turned to (PEGI 7), and thus I shall be leaving it.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Newfoundland
    BB want this game to die out simple as that. Why hush about it and drag it out. Other pay/month mmo and "Free" webbased games thats not been doing well has at least said straight out, 6 month and then we close the servers and game is no more.

BB refuse to fix easy things in the game that EVERYONE want like item stacking/splitting, troop building etc etc.
    Why? They dont want us to have a good time playing, they want us to quit.

BB promise to publish some nice stuff like rock blasting, guild banks, more science stuff etc etc. Then after a few month not a word about it.

BB has 0 support and dont interact with players at all, only got a mods or two to keep the forum clean.

BB is launching a massive overhaul of the combat system wich will create a massive chaos. They will roll it out on live servers after 2 interns have play tested it for 2 weeks to make sure it is full of bugs (sorry my bad working as intended).

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can't see BB explaining *why* they are making the changes, but I can take a guess:

1) Players almost never need to build high-end weapons (crossbows, d. swords, cannons) because we get so many and aside from accidents, never loose it
    2) All adventures can be completed by loosing only Recruits (especially with MMA), and possibly Soldiers and Cavalry.

This means there is almost no need for the expert buildings or the entire chain of construction involving them. And there is no need for continued production of high end military units dues to how rarely they are lost. This means a significant portion of the game is not being used. The reason they are not being used stems from what is lost during combat, and the rewards from combat.

By adjusting loot pools and combat mechanics the above concerns will be addressed. It may not seem like new functionality is added, but in reality existing functionality is made more pertinent. (Why add more buildings and resource chains when there exists so many now that are hardly used...)

That, I believe, is the goal.

The 'downside' of course is we have to adjust our guides, economy, and tactics. But that is the cost we pay in playing a game that is continuously being updated. And knowing BB they will, as always, throw a bunch of stuff at us to help make things easier ^^;

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just do a simple math
    A normal camp in Black Knight adv, 100 Soldier and 75 Crossbow, say we use normal units stats with the new combat rule, will be

_____________Total HP____________Total damage
    100 Soldier ___ 11000 (=110x100) ____3400 (=40x0.85x100)
    75 Crossbow ___2250 (=30x75) ______7650 (=120x0.85x75)
    _____________13250_______________11050

So these 11050 damage will be ALL SPLASHED. These Soldier and Crossbow are Initiative 2 and non-weak, so no point to use Cav, so these 11050 damage must be fully absorbed even if the battle is only 1 round
    - You will lose 368 Recruit to absorb the 11050 damage (you know this is impossible)
    - or lose 157 Militia
    - or lose 100 Soldier
    - or lose 73 Elite

Most battle must be fought heads on with big losses.
    How much time to produce these units?
    And there will no more weapon loot from adv?
    Mull it over again!

P/S: if BB wants ppl to use and produce advanced weapons to cover their losses, just increase the inevitable boss camp difficulty and creature numbers. like need 3 waves of 270 gen to finish it, so ppl will invite others for a real fight / help
    Last edited by aiur228; 02.09.14 at 06:13.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I have no idea how BB wants to balance this stuff out.

I figured that you'll be losing somewhere between 10000 and 20000 Iron Swords + for one single Black Knight, which in themselves take 3-4 weeks to produce, assuming that you have 2 lv5 Iron Weaponsmiths, or 5000-10000 Damascene Swords, which not only take months to produce - but also take 20000-40000(!) Titanium to create, and all that: for a 25% chance to obtain 200(!) Titanium ore?

Yeah, I know that Titanium ore currently is somehow a "not-so-cool" loot, but spending 40000 Titanium ore to obtain a statistical average of 50?
    Yarite ...

I guess this goes live because developers have no frikken clue how the game actually works.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Seriously? Am I the only person who doesn't think the current combat system and particularly the balance between low and high level troops is totally broken?

How is a game where NOBODY actually builds the weapons required to make the top level troops not totally broken?

How is a game where people send 2,000 recruits to their deaths on some adventures not totally broken?
    Yes, the system is flawed. But:
    How is a system where you spend 20000 Titanium ore to obtain 200 as a loot NOT even MORE broken?
    If sending off 2000 recruits on some adventure is broken, try sending off 30000+ on a single fairytale, not to mention the resources and time required to produce them ...
    If the new combat system goes live, and camps stay as-is, there are adventures with multiple camps where you MUST sacrifice hundreds of cavalry against non-boss troops simply because otherwise you wouldn't make a single kill without getting your entire army killed.
    In the new combat system, there are some camps which you must whittle down in 4-5 waves, losing over 1000 units in the process simply because you'll be taking so much splash damage that even 270 elites won't do squat!
    And that's not to mention the caused downtimes.

When people actively complain that they are occasionally forced by quests to have buildings on their island that they don't use there's clearly something very wrong.
    When people are pretty much required to have accumulated over 90000 Granite for a fully upgraded cannon forge, wheelmaker and cartmaker just to have a remote chance to complete adventures more than once a month which have a chance to obtain granite on an adventure ... that's not broken?

The sheer outpouring of people saying they're happy with the current situaton is staggering! It is the current situation which has given people RSI by overusing the barracks.
    I have calculated that you may be losing over 20000 troops on a Fairytale if the current combat goes live.
    That's surely gonna solve the RSI issue, even if we can build 100 troops in one go.
    I mean, yeah, it's gonna resole RSI in the sense that you won't be making all the required clicks within one week, since hardly anyone has enough pop capacity to build them in one go.

The game would become all but impossible for new players who haven't had a chance to obtain MMA, Crossbowmen and the likes yet.

And it's going to be a severe drag for level 50's who can only do 1 adventure per week. I don't really know what's going to keep me logging in if the concept of an adventure is "It's supposed to be a resource drain", since as it just so happens to be ... adventures to accumulate wealth are the only thing lv50's do!
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 02.09.14 at 05:44.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by aiur228 View Post
    - You will lose 368 Recruit to absorb the 11050 damage
    Theoretically speaking, you will loose infinite amount of Recruits because they are Initiative 3, and can never fights back.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I have major issues with the suggested changes, and I'm not the only one from my guild. And we are filled with lvl50 players who have contributed (money) to this game.

First and foremost: the proposed changes do nothing to alter the nature of the combat system. Currently the game combat system is very static and repetitive. You play every adventure in exactly the same sequence and can carefully plan ahead how to complete an adventure. After the changes, you need a new plan but the mechanics are the same. In what way will this improve the user experience? It is completely unclear to me what BB intends to change about the way we play the game.

Right now, the balance in the proposed changes seems completely off the chart. Of course this can be tweaked, but I'm hoping there will be more than just tweaking. As I can quote from numerous other posts, the costs of completing an adventure will skyrocket and will seriously hinder new players trying to level and demotivate high level players from staying.

I'm also concerned that this may damage or break the blocking system now in play. Blocking has never been an intended part of the combat system, I know, but its what keeps these somewhat boring adventures interesting for the players who have been around here a long time. Having to walk to- and kill every single camp is almost as repetitive and boring as is training 2000 recruits.

And as a side note it is announced that weapons will disappear from the loot. While I can understand why this is done (BB designed some lovely high level buildings that nobody is using) I am seriously worried by the offhand manner in which this is announced. This will make such a major impact on everyone's production chains that I cannot believe that BB has any clue on how this game is played by the vast majority of players.

This, as a first response. In short: tread carefully BB! We'll be watching and hoping you won't ruin an otherwise enjoyable game.
    Last edited by Antasil; 02.09.14 at 06:00.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I just want to point out again that this will kill the game for all new newcomers, they have to play a lot of adventures to get granite that you will need in large amounts to get the expert buildings, then they need resources that you can only get on adventures to actually make weapons. If the times don't change in how long it takes to make weapons it will take literally years to get to the top level.

It's really funny actually, they need the adventure unique resources to make weapons that are needed to play those adventures, and the new battle system makes it near impossible to play anything but the simplest adventures with the units which weapons are made from resources you get on your island. I really don't see the logic, it seems they were staring blind at the 1% of people that play multiple big adventures a day and just want to nerf them no matter what.

Reply to Thread