Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    It seems people are missing the above quote from the sneak-peek, that the current changes that have gone on the test server are just a beginning. The changes are a basis, to be built upon by the new combat system. Granted, we still have no idea what that new system will be, but everyone seems to be complaining about something, without yet having the full picture, which seems rather premature to me.
    True, I only have part of the picture, which is on the test server right now. I don't think I am complaining - just saying I don't like it, think it will be a disaster and hope BB change their minds. If it is implemented and we get to see the full picture I will probably "complain" more. Unless BB provide a button to let my troops commit hara-kiri rather than face the shame of further battle for nothing

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have been selling of my surplus granite at 3.3 granite to 1 coin. I think I shall keep hold of it for now as I can see the price of granite rocketing - maybe to near gem prices if people do actually need the high level weapon buildings maxed to level 5 to stay in the game....

Maybe I will use the increased coins to buy overpriced guild coins as I see many guilds will fold over arguments re guild quests not being done due to needing 2 adventures etc....

This is going to change from a trading and adventure game to pure trade only as even more people stop adventuring. Then where will the resources like granite and exotic logs come from?

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I suggest that high lvl weapons will be removed from the loot. Give it a couple of months and let's see where it gets us.
    Also, if you really want to change the combat, let's make it a real battle, fought on an grid where we can actually move the units around and attack enemy units.
    Last edited by Wreckless-; 02.09.14 at 09:59.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    i agree with fishslices 1st post, why change something thats not broke when theres plenty of other buggy things they could be doing to the game.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Seriously? Am I the only person who doesn't think the current combat system and particularly the balance between low and high level troops is totally broken?

How is a game where NOBODY actually builds the weapons required to make the top level troops not totally broken?

How is a game where people send 2,000 recruits to their deaths on some adventures not totally broken?

When people actively complain that they are occasionally forced by quests to have buildings on their island that they don't use there's clearly something very wrong.

The sheer outpouring of people saying they're happy with the current situaton is staggering! It is the current situation which has given people RSI by overusing the barracks.

Of course, I was absolutely correct that everybody would complain about the new system even though removing weapons from adventure loot was EXACTLY what was needed as one of the steps to solving this problem.

BB, you're only option to save this is to make clear how exactly you're going to create a reasonable system for players to make the weapons themselves since that's the second step to fixing what's broken. Just changing the resource requirements is not enough. It's down to you to sell this to players
    Yes the current system is a bit odd. Mainly ES being almost no improvement at all over regular S but the rest works. Then there's the economic factor where basically all weapons more advanced than bows and bronze swords being too expensive to build. Yes they really scewed that one up. I've said it before and I will say it again, BB really do not understand what type of game they are building. I guess they really underestimated the amount of adventures people would be doing. They completetly missed the blocking system people started using which greatly reduced the amount of troops needed. But the solution to that isn't really screwing the entire economy over.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by padster007 View Post
    i agree with fishslices 1st post, why change something thats not broke when theres plenty of other buggy things they could be doing to the game.
    Coz they have before and will continue to do so...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Things you should be doing to improve the adventure experience:
    1, Fix the barracks to handle larger stacks or troops. Pretty much all aspects of the game need larger stacks than 25. That number was outdated and insufficient within a couple of months of the game's launch. You fixed the old 400 unit limit in the trade so I have confidence that you can give us larger stacks of troops in the barracks. Even just an increase to even 100 would be a huge improvement.
    2, Give us some small quality of life improvement for the UI and the handling of the generals. Giving the different kinds their own garrison was a great feature. It made life so much easier since you don't have to click them all any more to find which one was the MMA. Keep adding small features like that. Things like a button to empty all generals would be nice. And a better interface to sending generals to adventures. The current one leads to lots and lots of clicking when you have many generals like most long time players have. It would be nice to just be able to mark the generals you want to send and then send them with one button, instead of sending them off one by one.
    3, More and better co-op. You messed up on the PvP that people wanted because interaction with other players is fun. Instead we got co-op adventures which are nice. It's a cool idea that works pretty well. Some of them needs a bit of a rebalance since they are really not worth playing but you found a good concept. In my guild, there are several being played every day. Keep working on that system. One thing that is really needed is an adventure specific chat. Discussions about the adventure and who is where and doing what are not well suited for guild chat and it gets very clunky trying to communicate the same thing with four different players through the whisper system. So give us another tab that is open for all players on the adventure so we can discuss things there. You can use that on all adventures for more than one players since discussions about loot spots and stuff like that can go there to. Improved communications also opens up for more advanced co-op adventures. Things like timed attacks where everybody needs to attack at roughly the same time. More dependant camps and so on and so fourth.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would love to know what the actual aim is from BB

More involving combat?
    Reduce amount of adventures completed? (why would they want this?)
    Slow progression of new stuff to be released so less complaints of nothing to do?
    Farm the players for max cash via gems before they shut it?

IF they rebalanced the costs of units to be roughly equal based on HP/attack/initiative AND they reduced the build time to reflect the same then the changes may make more sense. Ie if on balance S is twice as good as M, they they cost roughly twice as much and take roughly twice as long to train.

Basically the existing combat is just an equation for each camp. The losses calculated are minimised (based on whatever factor the guide writer assumes is most important, normally a coin value) based on this equation.
    Change the stats and combat values all you like, all you are doing is changing that equation, players will learn it, sim it, and then optimise it.
    If the value of loot from an adventure is lower than the cost its pointless to do it. Doing adventures currently (for most of them) gains you value, you lose some say bread, water, bronze etc but gain say beans. Overall you gain some value. Your economy is making value every day via the buildings, the adventures allow another way to convert that into yet more value.

TSO is an economy game, not the fastest but not the slowest. Breaking that will break the game fundamentally.

People rarely like change. To reduce the concern you need to engage people during change, show clear direction and demonstrate what is going to happen, why, and how your going to get there. The BIG problem for BB is that most players here have no trust it will be done well, hence we hit a massive negative spiral very quickly.
    Maybe, just maybe, the stars will align and they won't mess this one up. For me its the last chance, if they mess this up I am out for good despite spending money here. I just will write it off as wasted and move on.

Its the big issue on MMO vs single player games. MMO pretty much always change and some people will not like that. You feel you have invested your money for a certain state, be that an advantage or some extra short term thrill. MMOs always seem to feel the need to move the goalposts and "rebalance"
    MMA is a great example, I was actually toying buying another, now I know to wait it out, they could be massively devalued with the new combat system, alternatively they could be just as good or in fact even better, we won't know till we get there.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMoody View Post
    Sorry but I just have 1 thing to say as feedback:
    Stop breaking things that aint broken and fix the things that are ! Or atleast work on the things that were promised: Demolishing of rocks, PVP, next tree in the science sytem...
    Nobody wants/ needs this sh.... stuff
    My thoughts exactly. So much utter rubbish in this game needs fixing before you go breaking working things. I love how you lot just ignore the feedback and just do whatever crap you feel like that no one actually wants. You promise things then they don't happen for years (pvp, explosives for clearing rocks come to mind), you don't fix things that the players constantly ask for (improve buffing, barracks, PH). You just add stuff for gems and assign prices seemingly at random which causes ridiculous inflation in game, you did the same for the friaries during the world cup event. They were around 15k on my server before you put them on for 2k balls which immediately jumped their price up to 120k. So idiotic. You clearly have no grasp of how to run this game.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Although I'm not playing much at the moment due to health, what I'm reading here isn't filling me with inspiration. I could see some of the changes as logical, like losing higher end troops, but not if the stuff to build them is removed from loot. The reason being realistically cannons etc take way to long to build and not very many established players have production chains in place. Add the fact that a few savvy players probably have millions in storage, your going to make some people seriously rich to a point they can seriously break the economy.

Then the fact that people have invested a serious amount of time, currency and effort setting their islands up in a particular way to suit their playstyle and now your saying ha-ha time to demolish 2/3 of your level 5 island and get back less than 1% of what you've invested.

Will you be adding a pop-up box that says something like '' we estimate you'll be able to do you next adventure 2 weeks from this date'' ?

I read the suggestion forums fairly regularly and I really don't remember to many saying they wanted everything that has come before now to be ripped up. I could see the logic maybe if you headed to a new island and a different set of troops / adventures with different ground rules on combat. But this is almost saying would the long term level 50's please leave so we can create a new experience for incoming players.

Reply to Thread