Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    This whole revamp thing is just LAZY. Give us something NEW where we can lose our soldiers and canons and whatever if it's so important BB, but don't mess around with the adventures we already have and know how to play. Raining on all the work people have spent making the guides we have today is just so rude it's not even funny.

I've never thought about quitting before now (and I've played since forever), but now... I'm not sure it's worth sticking around.

[Edited by minion79 - Keep PEGI-7 please]
    Last edited by minion79; 24.09.14 at 06:44. Reason: inappropriate language

World
    Newfoundland
    As they have said over and over again "this is an early version of the re-balancing and we are still working on it, the current version is far from the final". They have also mentioned that raw resources will be placed into the loot tables and a revisit to every single bandit camp to change the number of enemies.

I welcome the changes with open arms, looking forward to them. I do feel a bit sorry for the players who have invested a lot of time and effort into guide writing, But I still believe it should go ahead as planned.

If you can not see that damage it will do to this game, it's economy, community and what the end results will be you are fool.

No player should like any element of this new battle system. Period.

It seems like there's two things they want to change. First they claim they want to make combat more involved. With what they have told us about the new system. It will be identical to the old system. Only with larger losses. We will still block and follow guides. So that part has already failed. The second part is the resource rebalance. This is something they have known about for two years. It cannot possibly be news to them. If they did not like this system. Then they really should have done something two years ago, when the game was still in beta.

It all boils down to gems, they want to put more pressure on players to use up their gems and spend more cash on obtaining more.

Look back to the new things Since the W.C and think how and why BB will benefit.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please tell us how the economy will be damaged, since there isn't anything 100% ready yet

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    If you can not see that damage it will do to this game, it's economy, community and what the end results will be you are fool.

No player should like any element of this new battle system. Period.

It all boils down to gems, they want to put more pressure on players to use up their gems and spend more cash on obtaining more.

Look back to the new things Since the W.C and think how and why BB will benefit.
    Actually BAAAHHHH you cant possible know for fact what damage it will or will not do to the economy of tso, until the losses/rewards from adventures have been sorted out and the cycle length/costs from troops are done too. Once that happens we will then have a much clearer idea, It is possible once everything has been updated my opinion may change, But as it stands now on the whole I like the changes.

Maybe if you spent a little more time on test server.

Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHJAAH View Post
    Ok so i have done 3 IotP back to back, these are the only 3 adventures i have done under the new combat system.

I have not hit a iron refill deposit ? has anon else hit either a iron or gold deposit in a respective adventure ? or have they been removed too ?
    Last edited by Brayarg; 24.09.14 at 11:51.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Maybe if you spent a little more time on test server BAAAHHH.
    On the test server, you say? The same test server that starts you of at level 50 with stacks of weapons and fully upgraded...well most anything? Here's a suggestion. Tear down your stables and barracks and build them up to level two and sell/give away all your horses. Now clear the last section of the island of bandits with only recruits, bowmen and cavalry. You will have a way better starting point then a new player so that shouldn't really be much of a challenge should it? It shouldn't be any problem at all that just about all the bandits left on the map has the advantage of striking first against recruits and bowmen should it? Why don't you try it? It would be good for you to be reminded how insanely costly the only unit that can clear those last camps, the cavalry, was when you were a new player.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    On the test server, you say? The same test server that starts you of at level 50 with stacks of weapons and fully upgraded...well most anything? Here's a suggestion. Tear down your stables and barracks and build them up to level two and sell/give away all your horses. Now clear the last section of the island of bandits with only recruits, bowmen and cavalry. You will have a way better starting point then a new player so that shouldn't really be much of a challenge should it? It shouldn't be any problem at all that just about all the bandits left on the map has the advantage of striking first against recruits and bowmen should it? Why don't you try it? It would be good for you to be reminded how insanely costly the only unit that can clear those last camps, the cavalry, was when you were a new player.
    Hiya,
    Yes the very same test server where many a guide has been written and delivered here to live accurately.

As for why don't I try it here and now today?
    The new combat system isn't live right now, Should be back tomorrow.
    But more importantly to me is
    I actually have a home, a family a job too. I have invested enough time on the test server as of late. More than my fair share and a hell of a lot more than 3 iotp, I will of course be testing a few more things when I have the opportunity, But it will be time permitting. Assuming I do find time between my real life commitments I would very much like to revisit test to take a look into tomorrows update, But my earliest opportunity is Wednesday next week.

What makes you so sure that BB have no intention of revisiting the camp's on home island to rebalance them too? In the same way they will be revisiting the adventures.

No camps or loot tables should be focused on to much at the moment, They are all subject to change as its still an early version. So again any talk about the breaking of economies is totally unfounded at this point in time and without any facts to back it up.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, cos BB always get it right before it goes live...

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    ....anybody tried sending an explorer search lately?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post

Never once did I say BB get everything right, Nor have I ever said that this system is flawless, What I have said is we can not tell the effects this update will have on live servers within the versions we have seen so far.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I guess the sarcasm didn't come through Ozzymandeus

Reply to Thread