Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why change it? Us small frys have enough trouble with the current one.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    is this some kind of joke? or just a big FU to all the guide makers?
    the combat system is just something to in-depth in the game to change now, its the kind of thing you change during beta phases
    with all the changes in the troops, all the guides will become useless, are you joking with our time? because players like me lost many hours making guides for the community
    As being a guidemaker as well I agree on that one as well - though subtle changes could be interesting & making blocking next to impossible isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    about all the changes, i agree with removing weapons from loot and lowering the cost of production of weapons and troops, but not changing troops attributes
    These are indeed 'logical' changes

World
    Newfoundland
    All my buildings are L5 and as I'm not a big trader I'm sat on over 600k steel swords so yes I think we get way to many weapons in loot.
    BB could keep the balance as is (just remove the weapons from loot) and most players wouldn't be hugely impacted.
    Sorry mate but they will, your 600k S.S won't last very long when you are burning 15k on an adventure. And, consider that not every player has 600k of S.S.

Yes the weapons amount in loot drops for should be lowered, particularly for Steel swords in RB & BK, but not removed. If they are removed then 6 months after this happening the market will be dry as trying to make the volume that would be required to substantiate the amount going out the door. PLus the knock on effect it has to the whole of the island: More smelters mean more coal which means more pinewood. All these things need space.

I say this as there was a period when had a lot of Iron & Smelters and a whole top end weapons chain. Problem is that and that alone isn't enough to cover loses and it isn't enough when the attributes of enemy camps are adjusted, resulting in more being required.

The solution to this is

1) new adventures that have new enemies that require more troops or a high value/nature (i.e not Recruits). So there will be casualties for M & S.

2) Make the loot in those adventures different to the current loot i.e no weapons or a limited amount, and things some players want i.e books & grout.

3) keep the current system so players that need weapons can get them, players that don't need them won't have to do the adventures that drop them.

4) Depending on 1, adjust the amount dropped in each loot drop, or frequency of their drop.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 03.09.14 at 04:47.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bonus Armor in tower - Some units have armor in special buildings, called towers. This Armor has to be decreased before the actual HP are affected. The amount of armor is depending on the building. Generally, tower buildings are leader camps, most hard camps and some medium camps. You can see which units are affected in the enemy camp window.

Armor Penetration - Units with this skill ignore a certain percentage of the armor from the skill I explained above.
    Are these value pre-determined or we have to go find them out ourself??

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    Sorry mate but they will, your 600k S.S won't last very long when you are burning 15k on an adventure. And, consider that not every player has 600k of S.S.

The solution to this is

1) new adventures that have new enemies that require more troops or a high value/nature (i.e not Recruits). So there will be casualties for M & S.

3) keep the current system so players that need weapons can get them, players that don't need them won't have to do the adventures that drop them.
    Whilst I emphasis with some players the point I was making regarding weapons in loot and my stockpile is that if you don't sell off your weapons you end up with far to many and more than you will ever sensibly use. Yes I recognise the current balance is wrong but my comment was also leave the balance as is for the existing adventures. For those that also may be thinking what a selfish fool for sitting on all those SS believe me I would have many more if I didn't give a significant amount amount for free. As an example, just yesterday I gave 40k steel swords away for a stone to a single player and that isn't unusual (and no, please don't send me a random friend request thinking you will get the same. If I don't know you it will get quickly deleted).

I absolutely agree with your point 1 above.

I strongly disagree with your point 3 above. All that will happen is that for 99.999% of people nothing will change. People will continue to churn out Black Knights and Roaring Bull endlessly with minimal losses and all the high value weapons (Crossbows, Damascene Swords and Canons) will continue to flood the game making those high end weapon buildings and the associated resources pointless.

As such removing weapons from loot (maybe even just high value weapons) is something that could have and should have happened long ago.

Regards,
    fish

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    I already do SE on a fairly regular basis as it beats the monotony of churning BN in the anticipation of a RtBN. No point in FairyTale adventures for me as I have no use for beans. Gave most of my beans away (for free) and keep 10k stalks on hand to loan to new L50's in guild that do the FairyTales to get there MG.
    All my buildings are L5 and as I'm not a big trader I'm sat on over 600k steel swords so yes I think we get way to many weapons in loot.
    BB could keep the balance as is (just remove the weapons from loot) and most players wouldn't be hugely impacted.
    People play differently.
    As for me, I occasionally (3-4 times per week) do RB, sometimes (5-10x per week) do Bandit Nest and most of the time do HLT.
    I actually *buy* huge amounts of longbows and steel swords and Damascene Swords in TO because my supply constantly dwindles.

My production chain is optimized for Bronze Swords and Bows.
    I'm not even so scared of tearing up pretty much half my island because it's no longer useful - I'm more worried about the fact that it takes 12 hours to produce enough Damascene Swords for 3 Elites ... I'm not gonna build enough Smelters running to make the soon-equired 500 Elites per day to complete a single Fairytale within the 12 days until it runs out.
    And the reason why I'm not going to do that: Because there is simply not enough SPACE on my island!

And please don't tell me that's my problem.
    1 Damascene Swordsmith under the new ruleset requires 16(!) Coking Plants, which in turn require 16 Pinewood Cutters, which in turn require 16 Foresters.
    To get 10 Damascene Swordsmiths, which in principle I could ... I would need over 500 Coal Suppliers.
    No, those 6 Coal Mines on my island don't cut it: I can't upgrade them to level 100. Neitehr will the Epic Woodyard.

If BB introduces Super Duper Coal Mines (10x as fast as regular, never run out) then that may be something.
    But as it stands, the constraining factor will be "Island Space". ANd I bet BB ain't gonna fix that anytime soon.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    As such removing weapons from loot (maybe even just high value weapons) is something that could have and should have happened long ago.
    I think they should replace the weapon loot with (more) raw material like copper / iron / steel bar, make more sense as a loot, and promote player to build those buildings that have been neglected.

Gracus
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but this is my concern. If adventures are going to get more costly and if they are going to take alot longer to complete, wont this affect the GUILD QUESTS. Currently in our Guild we get adventure probably 5 days out of 7, its a bit of a headache as it is, but as a Guild we pull together and get them done within 24 hours. If adventures are going to take longer to do then this means that GQ will take longer, people are already frustrated with the amount of adventure GQ in Guild as it is. So is this going to change? If not I can see people leaving becuase they are simply fed up. I understand the logi behind the re-balancing but its almost like a domino effect...you change one thing but you do have to look at the knock on effect of other areas of the game. If BB are oing that and are taking all these things into consideration then thats fine, if they arent then well Im not sure that Id be happy with it as other members have mentioned.

For a long time I have relied on weapons from loot so I do not have a production of steel damascenese xbows etc. They have to make it easier or less costly to build these buildings and also give us more room on our island. It has to be cost effective.
    Last edited by Gracus; 03.09.14 at 05:52.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalove View Post
    I think they should replace the weapon loot with (more) raw material like copper / iron / steel bar, make more sense as a loot, and promote player to build those buildings that have been neglected.
    I don't think additional copper ore / bronze bars are needed. But I wonder how BB justified the price of the Endless Copper mine after this goes live?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I already do SE on a fairly regular basis as it beats the monotony of churning BN in the anticipation of a RtBN. No point in FairyTale adventures for me as I have no use for beans. Gave most of my beans away (for free) and keep 10k stalks on hand to loan to new L50's in guild that do the FairyTales to get there MG.
    What about other players? Why does everything have to change because a small percentage has extreme amounts of resources. I do not have the time nor resources (same with the others in my guild) to do more than a couple of adventures a week. With perhaps 1 maybe 2 fairytales if we work together. We are paying customers too yet we are the ones really screwed if it goes live like this, you might be able to manage yourself with your 600K S.S. and 10K stalks but thats a really selfish way to look at this.

I guess you can say as always the extremist ruin it for the others.

Reply to Thread