Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Battle System Re-Balancing

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    A random number of enemies in camps would make blocking virtually impossible. Blocking is one of the only exciting things in adventures as we have them now.
    But who knows, perhaps with the new battle system...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Might also be worth mentioning the science system in this debate. At the moment I've got 3 fully skilled Geologists and that serves my needs pretty well because I basically work a Bronze sword economy, with a decent gold chain. Iron mines just run at level 1 mostly as a trading resource and the fact it's the only thing I have space for with my last 17 license.

Now if these changes take place I'm going to switch to a far more iron orientated economy, going from 6 quick searches to 17 x 21 minute (at best) searches. I along with many others am loathed to put more books into further geologists because to be honest I'd rather either save them for generals or use them in explorers. The costs need to be changed for the books so they become far more available and the whole science tree for geologists needs to be re-worked anyway to make it more useful for iron mining.

Also raises the question if your going to overhaul combat where are the skill trees for generals in this radical overhaul ?

As mentioned above space is a real issue, I'd rather sleep my bronze sword production and add a new iron / steel sword chain, but that requires more license or workyards but ultimately it's definitely space I need I cannot physically fit any new buildings on my island ( not even the old workyards). If dynamite is never going to see the light of day maybe consider letting us link a second identical island minus all the deposits or let us build underground or something.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    A random number of enemies in camps would make blocking virtually impossible. Blocking is one of the only exciting things in adventures as we have them now.
    Blocking is boring...just follow the guide exactly..monkey see-monkey do.

Now with random enemy units the fun comes with the skill needed to work a 'good' combat sim (maybe BB could have one in game). Then the excitement is will your combat sim generated unit set up work.

Working out your own attack plan is way better than following a pre-written guide.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugglesx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    Blocking is boring...just follow the guide exactly..monkey see-monkey do.

Now with random enemy units the fun comes with the skill needed to work a 'good' combat sim (maybe BB could have one in game). Then the excitement is will your combat sim generated unit set up work.

Working out your own attack plan is way better than following a pre-written guide.
    The fun of Blocking is pretty subjective - but a real unit saver. Anyway it's one of the basics of the current battle system & for me the big reason to train Elites as sometimes those blocks fail (either by my own mistake - or because it's a critical one).

Random units in enemy camps can be appealing for hardcore players but the casual player with spare time won't keep up with that.
    Optional: adventures with fixed and adventures with random units with different possible loot might be interesting.

Bottom line: the new system is far from ideal.

Or giving the rumour om some German Fan Sites: is the new system for the next TSO game (The Settlers: Kingdomss of Anteria)?
    Trailer: ->here<- (Note: Pegi 12 Rated)
    Last edited by Yoeri; 07.09.14 at 05:45.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoeri View Post
    Or giving the rumour om some German Fan Sites: is the new system for the next TSO game (The Settlers: Kingdomss of Anteria)?
    Trailer: ->here<- (Note: Pegi 12 Rated)
    No, Anteria's adventures and combat is diablo styled action-slash-rpg (starting around at 3:30):

Also even tho some here have speculated or guessed so, the current combat rebalancing thing at test server has nothing to do with upcoming PVP which is running its own test named "battle systemtest".
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 07.09.14 at 11:18.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the "battle system" on open testserver is a "second state" of the "battle system" on closed testserver. Hopefully, we'll see a new version on open testserver.
    If I'm right, this is a much better way to deal with the testing than how it's been treated for years.. Changes will first be done on closed testserver and we won't have wipes now and then on open testserver.

Also, I hope BB will do a full review of all advs - fixing all issues.
    We've here been posting a lot about the resources cost, expecting all advs will be the same..
    Do we really want all big advs?
    Wouldn't it be better if they shortened them?
    Perhaps add rewards according to how fast an adv gets done..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I think the "battle system" on open testserver is a "second state" of the "battle system" on closed testserver. Hopefully, we'll see a new version on open testserver.
    It's not. BB themselves are mixing the terms here or even named them badly

Originally the meanings were: Battle system for PVP only (with completely different stuff) and it's been running for few weeks now. Combat system is for adventures and it's the one now on open testing.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 07.09.14 at 11:58.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok, i once complained about adventures beein boring, because all we need to do is follow the guides.... but that was intended to suport introducing skills for generals,... not making recruits usless, or making us do 1 adventure/ month.
    I stored in 1year 100k steal sword, 100k iron swords, and 20k titanum ore.... so how exacly we will be doing adventures?
    I see people complain about time to make damascus swords.... what time if we don't have titanum ore??
    I do 1 farytale /2weeks, that doesn't seem easy to me and lose more than 5k units on it, about 500 militia and soldiers, so is not that we dont use all types of units.
    I don't like recruts, but they are the only solution now, militia and soldiers are hard to make, if 1 militia costs 1 iron sword and 1 soldier costs 1 steal sword, i will stop using recruits and use soldiers.
    In my opinion we need skills for generals, it will make adventures more personalized to the generals we have, so no more following guides to the letter, and you can make more diffrence betwen units.
    I will probably never use elites/ XB/K to sacrifice as there in no titanum ore to replace them.
    I see a lot of people saying that wepons showdn't be in loot, that makes no sense to me, as in real wars, you get weapons if you win the war... so i think the weapons in loot can easily triple, as we kill 1k+ units on adventres.

In the end... don't know what to say... but the game will become to boring if i can only do 1 adventure/month
    Last edited by jubuti; 07.09.14 at 16:55.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    You should get raw materials in loot, not weapons. Of course, enough raw materials to balance the loss of lets say 400elite swords. And not just 400 tit ore.
    Times and costs should change drastically, yes steel infrastracture should be harder and aimed for hi-end players, but not harder in an arbitrary way.
    Harder to reach there, but once you do you should be rewarded.
    And randomness in enemy-camps etc is very nice, should make cooperations usefull at least, and critical thinking before attack necessary.
    Of course this sudden 3x - 4x rise in difficulty should be balanced.

Cause if all these happens at the same time without rebalancing silly build times, silly beer costs, silly coal use etc , the game will come to an end. 50lvl players will be able to complete maybe 1 pirate adventure per 2 days, and lower players will never be able to complete adventures to make a progress.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Please can someone definitively explain why these guesses are contrary to what the developers have said so far (publicly):

1) Clearing the home island and some, possibly even most, current adventures will remain largely unchanged, with troop losses and time required to complete not changing drastically.
    2) The new battle system will only apply to the changed adventures, and the old system will remain in place for (a lot of) the others for the foreseeable future.

I agree that there are a number of possible interpretations of what BB have said which may mean bigger changes will happen, but suggest that is speculation rather than fact at the moment.
    Last edited by VVidi; 08.09.14 at 09:02. Reason: clarity

Reply to Thread