View Poll Results: Do you feel the proposed new battle system will be the end of the game for you?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, will ruin the game for me

123 52.12%
  • No, I believe the changes are good

27 11.44%
  • Maybe, wait and see!

86 36.44%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battle System Rebalancing- Poll

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can someone point out any advantages? From my perspective, this current iteration would ruin my economy which took an age to set up in the first place.
    No need for copper, bread or brew at the levels I've got, bronze swords as valuable as pinewood and those chains which I couldn't afford anyway, like iron steel and titanium becoming necessary.
    All i can see is a set of loaded die, with no advantages to the player and massive disadvantages.
    Unless you spend gems.
    I'm not going to spend another twelve months re-working everything I just spent the last twelve months building up.
    I'll find something else to waste my time and effort on.
    Pity because this is one of the best communities I have come across but if a game can be turned on its head at the whim of the developers to generate revenue then good luck to those of you who stay, guess what's coming next.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    ive gave it a try but i cant see me getting used to it, redoing iron refill every 2 minutes to compensate for militia seeing as no weapon loot is comming. knocking valuable lvl 5 bronze weaponsmiths down building more coal, ive only just got my land sorted

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bad bad idea this will be the beginning of the end of this game..it,ll take forever to build armies after each ad and you don't get weapons in loot.
    To be fair you should get more weapons from loot now..i shall move on to something else.cant be arsed rebuilding my land again to struggle on

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by padster007 View Post
    ive gave it a try but i cant see me getting used to it, redoing iron refill every 2 minutes to compensate for militia seeing as no weapon loot is comming. knocking valuable lvl 5 bronze weaponsmiths down building more coal, ive only just got my land sorted
    your addicted mate,all you will do is earn more fivers to buy even more gems.

watch out turners n jonnos your going to be busy

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the votes all, it's interesting to see :-)

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wouldn't trust this current batch of devs with anything this serious, they are already breaking stuff that has worked perfectly for 3 years, and seem unable/unwilling to put these right.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Needs to be said here as there is a lot of confusion: the 'rebalancing' of the existing combat system (what we are voting on here) and the new combat system (being tested in closed beta and subject to non-disclosure agreements) are two completely different things.

World
    Newfoundland
    Why on earth did you buy three ECMs with real money? Always first buy the gem pits and then anything else.

World
    Newfoundland
    I voted "changes are good" because, well, they are. Also because I believe that the version currently on the test server will not be the final one (I really hope BB change their minds about universal splash damage!), and because there are more options in it, only the balancing sucks.
    ...Also because half of my island is empty and because I don't have an endless copper mine.

I think lower levels and those who didn't invest real money into the game will like the new system better - if BB only gets the numbers right.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i think its great ive spent over 700 dollars USA on game and now they will save me that much more was waiting to drop another 150 bucks on event i can save that now and the same i would have dropped at xmas event so thank you bb and the dev team (real mental giants there lol )
    Last edited by joneric; 23.09.14 at 01:06.

Reply to Thread