View Poll Results: Do you feel the proposed new battle system will be the end of the game for you?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, will ruin the game for me

123 52.12%
  • No, I believe the changes are good

27 11.44%
  • Maybe, wait and see!

86 36.44%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battle System Rebalancing- Poll

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Battle System Rebalancing- Poll

With all the views on the proposed changes thought it may be a good idea to run a poll to get clearer feedback.

Please take time to vote, make it count!!

Ok, this is for current version as it stands on test server.
    Last edited by Nom1970; 02.09.14 at 21:09.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Good idea Mrs Nom,

This will show the Dev's the overall feeling of the community without having to scroll through hundreds of pages of moans and gripes.

+ Just found out there is more to come , this is only the tip ,,, there is still a new battle system coming which is still in closed beta,taken from the German forums ,,, upto 38 pages of moans and groans

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...s-Kampfsystems
    Last edited by Nom1975; 03.09.14 at 20:00. Reason: updated information

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Great idea, I 2nd what Mr Nom said

World
    Newfoundland
    voted, but waste of time really, could be 100% against new system on poll, but it will still be on live server in 2015

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Didn't vote -the statements don't reflect my view. BB say they expect to work on the balancing so as it stands at the moment I hate it but there's aspects I like and aspects I don't.
    I doubt the current balance is what they will go live with and strongly believe there are aspects (like no weapons in loot) that are long overdue.
    If there had been a response that said something like - 'I like some of it but the balancing it went live on TSOTest with sucks big time' - then that would have got my vote.

Edit: I couldn't in all honesty choose 'wait and see' as that suggests I am indifferent when I am strongly opposed to the current balancing!

World
    Newfoundland
    Voted No, (as in yes it will ruin the game for me) as everyone should. Fact is why they are proposing will change nearly every aspect of the game for the worst.

If this is the best they can do then they need to try harder or come up with a new team of Devs.

There is a long list of things that need improving, maybe they should focus on those things first.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 03.09.14 at 01:52.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    Voted No, as everyone should.
    I think you missed the point of having a poll...

Also from your other comments I'm surprised you voted no

World
    Newfoundland
    My No vote to this was No, I don't want it so… "Yes it will ruin the game for me"

The fact the BB are so oblivious to HOW this will (pegi 7) the game up is beyond me, and the concept of having a "poll" on it is ridiculous.

If a player can not see the downsides of this, the reasons it will not work from an economical perspective and the adverse effect it will cause towards the game then maybe they shouldn't play.

I find the concept of even considering a poll condescending and that a person (or persons) who is (or are) PAID to work for BB and come up with these hair brained ideas is a travesty.

They want to make things harder to top end players ? Fine bring in new content, new adventures with new camps that have new enemies that the work in away that only elites or whatever can be used. Taking the current content and tweaking is not smart, it's lazy.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Having bought 3 Endless Copper Mines just a month ago, only to see that Recruits are going to be pretty much useless in a couple of months - I don't consider this a smart move from a marketing/sales perspective.

Aside from having to tear up my entire island because it's optimized for churning out recruits and bowmen, I might be slightly less negativistic if BB would refund me €150 "useless" investment, though.

ECM have a HEAVY price tag for a reason: Because they're a long-term useful investment. If that changes, I think BB should refund those who spent real money on them!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    To make it clearer, the 'poll' was aimed to be a simple visual aid to see where 'we' as players actually are steering towards with regards to the proposed changes.

There are so many comments on the feedback thread that without going through every single one and trying to decipher who feels what, it has been broken down to show this at a glance.

I myself have chosen 'maybe' as I don't mind a couple of the changes but some of it may lead to me considering leaving the game.

There could have been multiple choices to 'fit' many views but again it is to remain 'simple'.

Many thanks to all those who have voted so far.

Reply to Thread