Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Endless Copper Mines

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

Question Endless Copper Mines

As it currently stands, the upcoming Combat update will make recruits pretty much pointless for anyone who can already produce militia .

I am sure many players are "delighted" to tear up the Bronze Sword production chains optimized over the months and years
    That's not so much of a problem.

However, here comes the real problem:
    The Endless Copper Mine is currently the most expensive item in the gem shop.
    It costs €100 if bought without discount or €50 if bought with "Double Gems".
    For 3 ECM, that's a whole bunch of moolah.

Now comes Bluebyte and decides on a whim that mid-high level players won't be needing them any more, effectively rendering them useless.

Question:
    Will you REFUND REAL MONEY to all those who bought ECM in the firm belief that they would "pay off in the long term"?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Question:
    Will you REFUND REAL MONEY to all those who bought ECM in the firm belief that they would "pay off in the long term"?
    Nope.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    Nope.
    I'd bet.

But that would leave a lot of people who invested €150+ into the game pretty upset, which -in turn- is probably not a good marketing strategy.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I wouldn't say even if the changes do take place the ECM becomes pointless, tool usage will become more pronounced as people will be building and upgrading a lot more iron mines. That being said I really don't like the concept of people laying out significant real cash that is influenced by very long term goals, only to find they shouldn't of bothered.

Be prepared for new and improved versions of iron mines to come into the gem shop at some point, will the people who bought ECM be as prepared to part with real life cash for those ?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    as someone with a ecm this is actually something bb should address and refund accordingly atleast with gems

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Anyone who invested real money into this game got exactly what they paid for.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I calculate that in order to produce enough nibs for manuscripts and bronze for tools to supply my needs I may require at least 4000 copper per day which is the output of one properly-placed ecm, and I rarely adventure nowadays so often have my bronze weaponsmiths sleeping.

When producing gold ore the requirement for tools can skyrocket, so I could imagine using the output of two (properly-placed) ecms in that case.

If I never needed bronze for weapons, a third ecm and/or copper mine production above the output of two would probably be wasted - maybe more tools could be employed by high-levelling iron-mines but that would be very hard work!

So if bronze weapons become outmoded those with 3 ecms will, in my opinion, over-produce, whereas those with one or two may still be able to use the output.

World
    Newfoundland
    No chance of a refund.

But hey look on the bright side this will give BB the excuse to release endless iron mines that we can all pay for.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I have a great idea - let's hope BB think it's great too

By extending the use of endless copper mines so that they could be used for mining either copper or iron that would solve lots of problems at once - for example people with now useless ecms could simply destroy them to return to star then use them on iron deposits.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB also have a great idea i am sure new endless iron mine only 60k gems....:P

Reply to Thread