Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Exotic Wood Tree Nursery and Decoration, Overview on Generals

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    This isn't so much as a Dev Diary as a rehash of old news. I mean seriously? a review of generals! They are all very lovely. Yes! they have nice new tents, but that isn't news, nor is the exotic tree nursery or the red tree deco. All these have been mentioned before.

So do I summise that there is no news? Is this smoke and mirrors to distract us? No news on PvP? (even "It's still being developed" or "It won't be happening anymore" would be useful) No news on economic adventures? or general skill trees (seems quite relevant at the moment). How about new Fairy Tale adventures or things we can buy with beans?

Just something to give us hope and to curb the exodus of players fed up with what increasingly appears to me to be a deliberate attempt to drive long term players away
    At a guess Jim, the Generals bit seems in keeping with the advertising mail a little ago quite a lot of people couldn't tell was advertising. The bonus Glue was nice, the "story" was dead confusing. This is a little more straightforward. Sort of. It does also, finally, make the abilities of the old "new" Generals clear, something that had many people thoroughly puzzled.

Also - It really would be helpful if the info from gamescom could be released globally sometime in the near, it's rather more informative.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 03.09.14 at 16:14. Reason: Added quote, new page

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    think people might need to vote with there feet if this continues regardless of gems purchased and time spent. the biggest message you can send a company is lack of support and funds, there attitude will either change or the game will die and everyone will move onto the next project. BB wake up and stop milking this. there are die hard fans that expect better from this brand and your letting your selfs down at the end of the day.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe we also get a titanium ore mine, sometimes in future?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hey guys, you missed one of the generals from your review, the Grim Reaper.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikius View Post
    Hey guys, you missed one of the generals from your review, the Grim Reaper.
    I think they converted it to "General Bighelmet Grim-Reaper-Without-The-Scythe"

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like Generals gain some special skills such like this

Battle Hardened General
    Skills:
    - Commands 200 military units
    - 240 damage per round to one enemy unit (damage up from 120)

Grim Reaper General
    Skills
    - 450-500 damage to a random enemy units

General Bighelmet
    Skills:
    - has an aura that increase 10% armor to all of your melee units

General Log
    Skills:
    - has an aura that increase 10% damage to all of your ranged units

Veteran
    Skills
    - has an aura that increase 7% armor and damage to all of your units

Major General
    Skills
    - has an aura that increase 5% armor and damage to all of your units
    - bonus damage against leader and boss

Quartermaster General
    Skills
    - allow your Generals transfer twice fast if Quartermaster General exist in adventure map
    (you can only have one Quartermaster General in adventure map)
    Last edited by Aldaris; 03.09.14 at 17:34.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloz View Post
    scrap that exo tree idea and invest the clearly limited resources bb have on content that will improve the game dynamics not tat that won't sell (e.g. exo tree nursery ) as someone already pointed out even if it was 100 gems tbh would you buy it??? no 50 gems??? no its not worth gems full stop. ewl is easy to obtain. heres an idea do something that will expand the game for the end players. i have no idea who is behind this great brainstorming idea at bb hq think tank but for the love of god remove them from there posts.
    What makes you think that you'll be able to get exotic wood from adventures in the future?

But about price - 3750 triple buffed = 3750, value about 1,800 gc. In theory gems trade at 20gc now - so absolute max - 180 gems. From this deduct the cost of buffs - though if it has a stupid production rate buffs are not worth it and "value drops to 60 gems. It talks of level 5? but what will this cost to upgrade? I guess a daft amount of granite - and then whats the point? Get a granite pit? Same problem.

Please, please BB - get someone to look at the economics - or you will have created yet another building that creates no "game value" and just clogs up the merchant. Ditto half the other gem items in the merchant - price them to sell - make them attractive - make a player think - "oooh - thats nice" and not "omg, who in their right mind is going to pay that".

Here's an idea - try a dutch auction to sell them. That way you'll see what the players value them at - AND you will get people saying something positive and not the complaints which will come when you overprice it.
    Last edited by Davikat; 03.09.14 at 18:29. Reason: typos

World
    Newfoundland
    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!1
    I get my Blood tree at last.
    Thanks Rav, guess you read the post after all.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I would love to see travel time reduced by half for all generals, it's really annoying to wait that long. Most adventures (except Fairy Tales and SE) take 15-45 minutes, but this time is usually doubled (or worse) by the travel + transfers on the adv. map.
    Also, the 1 land zone per player thing was a bad idea. I like to play Dark Brotherhood from top right (full version) or top left (shor version), unfortunatelly, the starting player was assigned the bottom land zone, it's a real drag. Similar problem in Roaring Bull, where most players start to attack not where the Devs want us to land.
    At least give us the option to choose our land zone

World
    Newfoundland
    dont touch the db land zone!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread