Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Game isn't loading

World
    Sandycove
    Hmmm, this sounds like a dns issue.

If it is, the problem can't always be solved from your end, since your internet provider needs to get updated first

But sometimes it can be fixed with the following steps:
    1. I see you already rebooted your router, but just in case your internet provider didn't update yet then, please reboot it again
    2. Flush the dns on your computer, see this post for instructions
    3. Clear cache and close your browser (earlier attempt before flushing dns might have corrupted your cache, so please try again)
    4. Try if the game will load for you now

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi I have absolutely same troubles from yesterday, i cannot get into a game on my home network either. I was able to load a game from different provider earlier today...
    Any news about that issue?
    thanks

World
    Newfoundland
    We're currently gathering reports of this issue and investigating the situation. Please make sure to also contact support and let them know that you are having problems.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Hmmm, this sounds like a dns issue.

If it is, the problem can't always be solved from your end, since your internet provider needs to get updated first

But sometimes it can be fixed with the following steps:
    1. I see you already rebooted your router, but just in case your internet provider didn't update yet then, please reboot it again
    2. Flush the dns on your computer, see this post for instructions
    3. Clear cache and close your browser (earlier attempt before flushing dns might have corrupted your cache, so please try again)
    4. Try if the game will load for you now
    Thank you all for your replies and suggestions, especially you Fexno!
    i'm sorry for the slow reply, i've been out all day with appointments.
    And I must be leaving shortly again and wont be back till tomorrow afternoon.
    I'll see if I can do at least some of what you've said Fexno, now, and will update you all tomorrow afternoon when I get time to do the rest

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Ok update today/now instead. I was eager to try and fix it, so i stayed a bit later than intended.

i've done everything you said Fexno. Another modem reboot. Flushed the dns. And cleared cache of all 3 browsers again (without any tso stuff open), and still the same problem for all 3 browsers. (and I did the hard refresh for each of the browsers too)
    Also by the way, support replied. Literally they wrote one line of a reply outside of the hello stuff and the signing off. It was;
    [removed]
    I can't believe they get paid for this, and Fexno - doing it out of his/her own free time, went through the effort of giving a nice detailed reply, with instructions, lol.

But yeah, since its still not working. Do you think I have to get onto my ISP now? And if so, exactly what do I tell them? My internet is working fine, all but one game, and it has something to do with the dns? I've never had to get onto my isp before, so i'm not certain

Hello SPYER116

It is not allowed to copy paste your exchange with Support.
    The rules can be found here

Regards,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 04.10.14 at 18:05.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by VVidi View Post
    Assuming you have no other internet problems, there is one more thing I would try:

Go to a friend or relative's house and try it on their computer. If you can login there it's probably either your PC has been bombed or BB's server has taken a dislike to your home IP address. If it doesn't work there either then I would say that's almost conclusive proof that your account has been corrupted.
    Was meant to reply to this earlier too but forgot, sorry.
    I don't think its the account. I have a friend logging in semi-regularly (from another country too, so not even the same isp) to refind deposits/etc and he's not having any trouble logging into the account or playing the game on the account.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    same issue. it getting stuck on .. * waiting on static14.cdn.ubi.com * for ever

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Same issue. Done all above and none work.
    One thing i can rule out... My second laptop at home on the same internet connection is working (no problem playing). The other laptop and my desktop are a negative. Both where working fine yesterday around 17:00 hour (or so) and three hours later (when i got home again) nothing anymore.

On the not working systems i now have a far newer flash player then on the working, so that is also not the problem it seems.
    Got the same reaction from support, please flush dns and restart...

Al systems are running win8.1 fully update on automatic. Only difference i did just find, i installed a new 64-bit flash player on the not working systems and the working has an old 32-bit version (not sure if the not working systems already had a 64-bit flash player installed thou?!)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I'm not 100% certain - but given the evidence over many months whenever there is an issue about "static14.cdn.ubi.com" (or similar) it's because there are problems at BB's European server farm. From what I understand they contract the maintenance out to a third party (based on information from the last occasion when login was blocked for many hours). But as it's now already "the weekend" I have a great fear that the people who know the number to call may not be back until Monday .

I hope I'm proved wrong.

<edit>There is definitely something interrupting internet traffic to the BB servers. I managed to get back in after an age of trying different things, and even the game reporting that I sent a jolly out to search took maybe a minute or two before it responded.

I tested my connectivity by playing a game from the U.S. which is very sensitive to internet lag, and it ran smoothly.

This may of course be nothing to do with BB: if their local ISP is upgrading it can have this effect - I doubt it but it's possible!
    </edit>
    Last edited by VVidi; 03.10.14 at 19:03.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Wills View Post
    I too have the same problem, just when it was the day for my 100 gems. The report is - The client was unable to load a data file. Delete your browser cache and try again. This of course does absolutely nothing for me.
    Yeah, my trouble started when I earnd the 100 gems. I all days try to play, but it stoped on the Map loading.
    A created other account, and that is work fine.

Reply to Thread