Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Problem with sophisticated pillager

World
    Newfoundland
    I've had 5 different at once, I think you could get more.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bug still exists, got VLT today, skill activated but no bonus quest. I guess 1 year is not enough time to fix it.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've upgraded an explorer to use the Sophisticated Pillager skill, so far not very sophisticated, he has found nothing in nearly a month.. Is this normal??

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pityaker View Post
    ...not sure if you can stack more than one for each adventure.
    Only one Bonus Quest per adventure at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    I've upgraded an explorer to use the Sophisticated Pillager skill, so far not very sophisticated, he has found nothing in nearly a month.. Is this normal??
    I have three lucky explorers all upgraded with this skill and a decent chance of finding 2 adventures at once, all running multiple adventure searches per day and I can occasionally go a week or so without one. It's rare, but it happens, so I would say one slower explorer with the skill not finding one in a month is well within the bounds of the RNG.

A lot has to do with the adventures your explorer finds, because you only have a chance of getting a BQ if you find an adventure that has Bonus Quests programmed. As far as I have managed to gather, there are no Bonus Quests for Scenarios, Co-operatives, VLT, Lost Skull, Tropical Sun, Arctic Explosion, Bastille Island, Sleepy Reef or Sleeping Volcano.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove

Sophisticated Pillager - bugged?

I believe this explorer skill is bugged - I only appear to get a bonus adventure quest when my explorer's "Trouble Seeker" skill results in 2 adventures. Surely this is not how the skill is supposed to work? I have never had a bonus quest when he return with just one adventure.
    HOTFIX!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Now you mention it I can only recall the same happening myself.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    so it seems that to have a 30% chance of getting a bonus quest, I have to have fulfilled the first condition of getting 2 adventures (also 30%) as well as also not finding map fragments (around 30%)

so the odds are nowhere near what one would expect from the description: about 9% of successful searches (if the explorer is fully skilled in trouble seeker). If the odds of finding map frags is about 70%, then actually only 2.7% of adventure searches will give a bonus quest.

If this is intended then the description is highly misleading
    HOTFIX!

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm willing to bet this is not the only skill that is bugged. Didn't these skills come out 2 years ago?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think that what is happening here is the same as for the geologist skills. I have geologists with the Natures Gift (15% chance to refill a deposit) and Quality Copper Mineshafts (45% chance to get a copper mine that mines at double speed). The Natures Gift only ever happens when I get a Quality Copper Mineshaft so what I suspect happens is that when the geologist finishes a search, the game generates a random number from 1-100 and applies that roll to all skills instead of rolling for each separately. So the Sophisticated Pillager should happen every time you have a successful Trouble Seeker result that doesn't end in map fragments.

So, your Explorer finishes his search, the game rolls the dice. If the roll is <30 then the Trouble Seeker and Sophisticated Pillager both happen. Then the game rolls to see what adventure you found and that table is the one that determines whether it's map fragments, Nords, VLT, etc (There's a different table for each search duration). If the result is map fragments then the Sophisticated Pillager isn't applied. So it's not 30% of 30% of 30% (2.9%) it's 30% of 30% (9%)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I just had a Nords bonus quest generated when Trouble Seeker didn't kick in and give me a second adventure.
    The Lucky Explorer in question returned a copy of Nords and a Harvest Ritual buff.
    Feel free to weave that into your theories!

EDIT:
    Also got a Bonus Quest for DB this evening with no Trouble Seeker activated.
    Once again, the Lucky Explorer also found a Harvest Ritual.
    Last edited by Madorosu; 05.09.15 at 23:19.

Reply to Thread