Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with sophisticated pillager

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle

No bonus adventure quest

Something has gone wrong with the "sophisticated pillager" skill, which should give a 30% chance to receive an adventure bonus quest

For both of these mail below, I received no quests, even though the mail says the skill has activated

Notes concerning the bug:

Explorer emails do not always mention "sophisticated pillager", which implies that the skill is only mentioned in an email when it has been activated.

I have 6 bonus quests currently active, but not for any of these adventures. I know you can only have one quest for each different adventure. Perhaps there's a hard limit of how many quests you can have in total, or perhaps there aren't any bonus quests for these particular adventures (which I consider to be "undocumented key feature" type bugs).

On the second image, I only expected to receive one bonus quest, not two. Receiving none was final confirmation for me that something was wrong. Perhaps something has gone wrong with the interaction between the "sophisticated pillager" and "trouble-seeker" skills.

Still haven't bothered reporting this to support since, really, they're not going to do anything about it. I'll wait to see how many more lost quests I get...

----Updates will follow below to keep track of problem----

Update: 8 April 2014 - found traitors and lost skull at same time, skill "fired", but no new quest
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Gerontius; 08.04.14 at 08:42. Reason: update

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I guess what has been triggered here is "Trouble-seeker". And yes, don't blame BB for putting in some real hardcore coders in this game - this stinks trainee-program all over.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    No, I don't think trouble seeker is the problem.

Note that the FIRST of the two trouble-seeker slots is the adventure, and I've only ever had a sophisticated pillager activate on the first slot, never when I've found an adventure on the second slot.

For example, my next search had lost skull in the second slot, and sophisticated pillager didn't activate, nor did I expect it to (although it would be nice if it did!)

G

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As it says you only have a 30% chance of getting the bonus quest. Have you seen any mention of the sophisticated pillager when you have not recieved the bonus quest in the past.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    The message only mentions "sophisticated pillager" if a quest has been found.

eg, I just found outlaws (and only outlaws, no second set of map pieces/second adventure) and it made no mention of the skill working and, as expected, I don't have an outlaws adventure quest.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    So presumably not a graphics bug then.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Just had it happen again when I found a "Tomb Raiders". TR was in the first slot, 11 map pieces in second, list of applicable skills mentioned sophisticated pillager, but no bonus quest.

Unless I make a find where it's just a single adventure and the SP skill says it activates but hasn't, I won't bother reporting this to support. Any more ideas what the problem might be in the meantime?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Updated above with a new screenshot...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is there any updates on this, or even BB looking into this? I have been holding off for a while now but I have upgraded both of my luckies to the point of needing to choose a top skill. My gf has this and she also experiences the problem. In about a months (before easter) and she as gotten 2 bonus adv. She has only been sending him out for adventures solely.

Is this just being ignored by BB? I really wish they had some active staff in these forums that can respond to these issues. It's like they all go into a black hole when posted. If anyone has any info please respond. In the mean time my gf is doing another explorer that doesnt have the trouble-seeker to see if she gets more of these bonus adventures. Really sux to have to experiment with this as skilling your tree to top tier is a very long and laborious process. All because BB can't even respond to this post. Very very disappointing.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I haven't gotten a single Adventure Bonus Quest from my Sophisticated Pillager for a full month, but don't ask me how often the skill triggered ... I really don't know. Thought the skill was a good investment, but the "Nya nya I did something but you get nothing" addition makes it kinda ... totally meh...

Reply to Thread