Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 16/09/2014

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dunno if this medipack is normal medipack, bb ravel says it "Runtime: 2 weeks"

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    Dunno if this medipack is normal medipack, bb ravel says it "Runtime: 2 weeks"
    The offer is up in Merchant for two weeks. I don't think he's referring to the function of the buff.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Whilst I agree the Medipack may be a little expensive, it would be abused by the players if it was too cheap. Especially with the introduction of the Martial Arts General.
    On Northisle 1 gem is already somewhere in the vicinity of 50 coins, so even at 95 gems, it would still be 5000 coins which would be anywhere beyond reasonable.
    A lootspot would cost you no more than 3000 for any normal adventure (except Fairytale followups and Nords2) and a "gifted buff" like Rain of Arrows or Assassin wouldn't cost you more than 2000 coins.
    I think the amount of situations where a 95 coins Medipack might be "abused" are severely limited. In fact, even at 95 gems, it might be better to abort an adventure like Roaring Bull prematurely than to buy a Medipack.

Even at 50 gems, people wouldn't be able to make any profit by using Medipacks.
    At 20 gems a pop, people might be tempted to actually use them to speed up/simplify adventures like Motherly Love, but even then, it wouldn't make them any net profit compared to selling gembought shop items. If anything, it would boost BB's gem sales and make the playerbase happy (and no, even at 20 gems, I'd probably not buy them - maybe at 10).

Comparison based on Northisle prices:
    20 gems = 1200 coins
    Gifted Rain of Arrows = 1200 coins
    Motherly Love Lootspot = 1200 coins
    Medipack trade price = 2000 coins
    Heroic Tailor Lootspot = 18000 coins
    Medipack's gem price = 25000 coins

Hmm ... reality check!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    All that said, what is the point of adding a feature that is so prohibitively expensive that nobody in their right mind will use it?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    All that said, what is the point of adding a feature that is so prohibitively expensive that nobody in their right mind will use it?

The same can be said of scammers that put ridiculously expensive trades up on the Trade Office hoping an unsuspecting newbie clicks it by mistake. Hence why I now place BB in that same category.

I really do wish I could select each bad trade offer in the Merchant and chose to ignore (hide) it so that in the future I don't click on it by mistake. That would be interesting and embarrassing for BB to collect some statistics against.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I suggest the limited offer tab should be accompanied by music, how about Adam and the Ants ''Stand and Deliver''

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Love the irony Bluesavanah, and yes I could imagine the BB CEO holding the pistols to our heads as we eagerly type in our credit card details.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    My extra build slot has still not been recognised for Builders Boon. Guess I might as well give up on that one.

495 gems for a medipack!? or spend 2.5 times more for a whole new general. Who dreams up these prices?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    495 gems for a medipack!? or spend 2.5 times more for a whole new general. Who dreams up these prices?
    They think we injure 6 Generals, 6 Battle Hardends, 2 MMA, 3 Reapers, 4 Veterans, 1 Major on 1 adventure and then need to spend €5 just to recover a single one of them

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    hahaha Bluesavanah I just want to thank you for that comment, it has made my day And we all know it is so true

Reply to Thread