Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Tso Event Guides

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Brayarg and AlexNo999, this is brilliant! Very nicely done!

Few quick thoughts - While buffing at the end of the cycle has worked consistently the last two years the first year especially the Cemetery timers suffered frequent random hiccups and reset "at will", more or less. Last year they were much improved but probably still wise to keep a close eye on them this year until it's clear they behave as they should.

Also might be worth mentioning as it will come up - Once the Cemeteries are placed they cannot be moved and if they're demolished or when they exhaust they're gone for good. You get 3 of each, to plant carefully, exactly where you want them the first time, and that's all.

Whilst realising it'll throw some things off (apologies,) fingers still crossed the Advs list is altered again before the day, as you've mentioned it really isn't terribly kind to lower level players.

Many, and general, thanks for all the effort. Tis a grand guide.

World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you Iolanthe I will amend.

As for the adventures in some ways I do hope the list changes and in some other ways I'm dreading it lol. The next few weeks will be some very anxious ones!!!

World
    Newfoundland
    Great guide! Nice details about the buffing.
    A question: do you know how long it takes to make the Werewolf and Banshee buffs?

World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you
    They both take 10mins each and are found in the Major's house.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    i just used a fish platter on the 8hr cemeteries last 2 years , would leave paused, then buff, unpause , collect and then pause again as there is no use in having a buff on something that is not producing - the buff only counts at the time of actual production - yes it means only getting twice the pumpkins but I didnt lose any from it not being buffed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Adventures
    Co-op adventures

Buccaneer roundup
    Can be bought from the merchant for 100 map frags.

Whirlwind
    Can be bought from the merchant for 395 gems.
    Both can be found by Explorers.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi SmurfAsh, thank you, I think many of them can? Sleeping volcano, sleepy reef and pirate life, most of the coops too? Must be honest its been a very long time since iv done any kind of adventure search

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    I had a sort-of useful thought *shock, horror*

Hearing in global that people are already planning for the pumpkin fields, sorry I mean cemeteries, it occurred to me that if you are only going to be buffing them over the time they "hatch" it doesn't really matter where you place them on your island.

I guess most will be buffing their Noble Cemeteries (I keep spelling them "cemetaries!) with Werewolf's Howls or an expensive 4 times item, so it makes sense that those aristocratic pumpkins are best placed next to a storehouse.

For any lesser "plebeian" pumpkins destined to be tended only at harvest time, being planted a distance away from a storehouse shouldn't make a difference. If the production cycle of a small cemetery becomes 8 1/2 hours because it takes 30 minutes for the poor pumpkineer to deliver his wares all that means is the buffing frequency can be adjusted accordingly.

So those poor unfortunates with little room on their islands can still plant the lesser cemeteries (e not a) in a dark overgrown corner of their islands and reap the same bountiful rewards - albeit with a tiny bit of extra planning.

Apologies for waffling on.
    Last edited by VVidi; 18.09.14 at 18:31.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by VVidi View Post
    I had a sort-of useful thought *shock, horror*

Hearing in global that people are already planning for the pumpkin fields, sorry I mean cemeteries, it occurred to me that if you are only going to be buffing them over the time they "hatch" it doesn't really matter where you place them on your island.

I guess most will be buffing their Noble Cemeteries (I keep spelling them "cemetaries!) with Werewolf's Howls or an expensive 4 times item, so it makes sense that those aristocratic pumpkins are best placed next to a storehouse.

For any lesser "plebeian" pumpkins destined to be tended only at harvest time, being planted a distance away from a storehouse shouldn't make a difference. If the production cycle of a small cemetery becomes 8 1/2 hours because it takes 30 minutes for the poor pumpkineer to deliver his wares all that means is the buffing frequency can be adjusted accordingly.

So those poor unfortunates with little room on their islands can still plant the lesser cemeteries (e not a) in a dark overgrown corner of their islands and reap the same bountiful rewards - albeit with a tiny bit of extra planning.

Apologies for waffling on.
    good call thank you, sorry for the delayed reply!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks Brayarg for this info before the event. May come useful, already started gathering needed collectibles. Hope you keep up the good work in future. This is very helpful. Thanks again!

Reply to Thread