Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Special Week

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    So take something broken and immensely unpopular (new combat system). Put it on test for a while to get a few results. Then dazzle them with PvP and much-wanted extra space on island (that will probably get recalled just like removable mountains) a week later to make them forget about the awful new combat system.

I swear to god, I really don't get how psychologists need a 5-year education to figure this out...

[Edited - Please Keep PEGI-7 - minion79]
    Last edited by minion79; 23.09.14 at 06:54.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    More space is welcome in my book, but lets have some clues about cost and extra license limit.
    new battle system is terrible and should never see the light of day, except removing weapons from loot IF the replacement items are comparable.
    PvP might prove a nice distraction IF it's not a complete gem sink as far as buying maps is concerned.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazgod View Post
    If you want to increase performance you should stack the star menu, fix the barracks and PH to more than stacks of 25 at a time and fix buffing to do multiple at once rather than slow as hell 1 at a time laggy rubbish
    There is a post on the Us forums that covers some of this, I don't know how reliable the information is. But its worth a read.

Here for any lazy peeps;

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...434#post243434
    Last edited by Brayarg; 22.09.14 at 19:28.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I love more space to build on but would like to see some basic features being implemented in the game first:

1. Either increase the maximum number of troops you can build each time (25 is VERY low) or make a "1-click-option". IE click once and automatically put 25 of whatever into production. It does not feel rewarding to build 3-4000 troops for an adventure 25 at a time, having to click and drag a bar every time :-)
    2. Let us arrange the building cue in Barracks
    3. Provide basic statistics after battles. The battle report should give you a simple text stating how it went while there should be a final adventure report giving your how many you lost of each type, what special weapons you applied, some quick comparison with the average, if you are the most efficient player ever on this map, let you know (and maybe reward it?) etc, etc

I fully support the idea of increasing speed of buffing. It is tedious to buff and something needs to be done with it.

Anyway, I am not negative to PvP but hope that the overall battle system is better than the little I have been able to extract from blogs. And if someone can lure EvilJ back into the game to make new Adventure Guides, well all the better :-)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah me 2..i play because its has no pvp, loads of other games people can play with pvp. this game was different
    even if its optional, i sure the people that play pvp will have benefits from it (so not really fair for people that do not want it in the game)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    While I like the idea of being able to expand my island I really have no interest in PvP and will definitely leave if it becomes an unavoidable part of the game, if it is just adventures set up PvP, which we can choose not to do, that would be different.

World
    Northisle
    I am putting myself in the "waiting and seeing" camp on PvP but I've played other games that have had PvP as an optional extra and I found that it wasn't much fun for me, often because PvP seems to bring out the worst in people and the level of abuse from other players seemed excessive.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    PvP? Fine if optional - we will see this week how they are thinking I guess.

More space? I feel players ought to be able to work with the island space they have. The primary aim of Settlers games was always balancing an economy. That is what many are failing to do, they see it as an adventure fest/ coin collection machine.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I like the idea of expanding islands though I agree with lordloocan that currently we should be be able to balance our economy. I still have quite a bit of space at Level 50 and I have all production chains. The expanding islands might become a must in the future though and maybe BB realise that and are working on the issue for that reason rather than because of player's shouting now

PvP- well I read this as optional right up to the fact that you can start it, see what is there and walk away. The game was supposed to be PvP at some stage and I joined with that understanding. I think the fact that so many did not realise it could come is because the Developer's Diary was not kept up as it should have been. Anyway I am a happy Bunny with this news.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    1 - more space - nice but like someone said, it will be like whit demolishing mountains, and what happend whit that GUILD BANK????

2 - pvp - like many ppl, I play this beacouse there is no pvp, and as long it will be only option, ok, but it is not necessary

3 - new battle system - why oh why do we need this one? it took me months to find guides that works for me, create some of my one, and now, start again?? it will mess up all of my production, whit that new times, playing adventures, etc etc, why BB don give up this one, like so many others thing that was shown on test server and never in the game??

Reply to Thread