Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Special Week

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    The iron deposit on the island to the left is bugged for me. I can't build anything on it.
    Me neither And the Iron deposit on the right island wont disappear when you remove the mine like normal.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    broke my promise about not testing again; it was a mistake, the new version is written and tested (if) at the same level as previous ones ;

1. severity - important
    the big thing is the size of the island storehouse 1.5x1.5; in theory you can exploit by stacking more in the same space... except the edges of the build-able area may not be walked so you get the situation in which no other building may be placed on a claimed island and other fun stuff
    (we had this when the flags first showed up on islands, all buildings with blocked entrance were useless.... what, 2 years old? 5 versions to get THIS right?)

in turn this suggests that resource handling via queues becomes worse because 4 subqueues without upgrading server resources leads to lag; we had this, first easter event

this also begs the question: how is the epic workyard going to plant in those islands? or the overall economy overview for all the non-contiguous production areas

and in turn I would like to meet the system architect to give him/her a beer for a job well done

2. severity - medium(ish)
    resource nodes are messed up; first island's are not accessible, 3rd island's cant have it collapsed... they also seemed to be present at claim time

3. severity - low and nice; may be called feature
    the numerical keys are now mapped like this
    1/2/3 new islands from left to right
    4/5/6 old 1/2/3
    7/8/9 old mapping
    0 maps to old s2, not much of a center

I'm guessing pointers are cool, if you know what you are doing

In other news, quests still show up in bad order and some are locked... and the new island deeds arent tradeable or limited in number - buy 4, maybe it will expand more in 4 years.

All things considered, it would be nice if it was working. In retrospect, removing rocks didnt have all this undesired features.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I didn't get the "Island SH" idea....it seems to me that Improved storehouse is much better option -> I know not everybody has gems to buy it, but it's tradable and so on and it would be nice if Improved Storehouses could unlock the islands too and you could decide between these two options.

EDIT: plus I was waiting some more space(s) for floatable residencies...hopefully they will be available later too.
    Last edited by sk_setttler; 24.09.14 at 16:43.

World
    Sandycove
    Some ideas /musings on the expandable islands:
    1. More space = good, especially island 3 which is great for concentrating farms etc on
    2. Would seriously welcome additional copper mines - I know BB makes serious gc from selling the endless copper mine but not all of us can afford 20k gems
    3. Transport issues - how about a harbour building (intermediate level or advanced to include the lower levels) which can act as transport between the islands and possibly also have some storage - or alternatively bridges - can't be to hard to create a graphic for - they managed it in Sim City years ago.
    4. Need to increase the number of available licenses - as already mentioned there are well over 150 spaces available for new buildings.
    5. Question - how much storage do the island storehouses hold?

Overall would be a nice addition - and if additional deposits are made available could lessen the blow of the new combat system for those of us who try and have a balanced economy

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sk_setttler View Post
    I didn't get the "Island SH" idea....it seems to me that Improved storehouse is much better option -> I know not everybody has gems to buy it, but it's tradable and so on and it would be nice if Improved Storehouses could unlock the islands too and you could decide between these two options.

EDIT: plus I was waiting some more space(s) for floatable residencies...hopefully they will be available later too.
    the island storehouse makes the extra sub-queue, it tells difference from the main island; (no trading on it, no using of alternatives)

later edit: same storage as normal ones

and no space for extra floatables at this time

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    its comments like these i find amusing..its a game its not real life they dont need to take a ferry or swim.. but the same could be said for generals how do they get to where there going..but if you want an answer they use the tunnel system of the store houses seeing there all connected
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    wondering how builders will manage to get to these islands to build anything, as surrounded by water

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    its comments like these i find amusing..its a game its not real life they dont need to take a ferry or swim.. but the same could be said for generals how do they get to where there going..but if you want an answer they use the tunnel system of the store houses seeing there all connected
    Well to be fair the devs already put so much effort in settlers walking to and from storehouses for resources and constructing buildings they might as well make a little dock and have boats travel around.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibbit1 View Post
    2. Would seriously welcome additional copper mines - I know BB makes serious gc from selling the endless copper mine but not all of us can afford 20k gems
    New combat system would make that pointless, no need for serious copper production chain (not much use for recruits), but for iron (and they added 2 more iron mines on the new islands).
    It seems to be more like: 'uhh you bought our newest type of CostlyBuildingGemSinkhole... good, lets make it useless and invent CostlyBuildingGemSinkholeNo2'
    Last edited by Polymer; 25.09.14 at 14:44.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    New combat system would make that pointless, no need for serious copper production chain (not much use for recruits), but for iron (and they added 2 more iron mines on the new islands).
    It seems to be more like: 'uhh you bought our newest type of CostlyBuildingGemSinkhole... good, lets make it useless and invent CostlyBuildingGemSinkholeNo2'
    True, I suppose recs are going to be pretty much redundant as far as Higher Adv are concerned. I wait to see how much impact the new combat system will actually have though.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maintenance: Hotfix - 25.09.2014 [done]
    Changes: It is planned to fix the recent performance issues and the search times of geologists and explorers
    Well, there are still performance issues because of this "Exploration Week".

Atm, you can't even build several wells, but are locked (can't chose anything in build menu) to just build one at a time.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 26.09.14 at 15:48.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread