Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Explorers/geologists bugged

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by VVidi View Post
    ...with lots of "Thanks for your patience"...
    I have gotten that very sentiment from support already.

I am also getting the distinct impression that the front line support team are as fed up of this whole situation as we are.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 26.09.14 at 01:35.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can you STOP this "Explorations Weeks" please???
    It makes ALL our schedules a MESS, as it make our Geologists and Explorers SLOWER!

Thanks for your "gift", but no thanks.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Finally an update. They'll turn the game off for three hours to get it working again. I still don't get how they have the guts to still have the original news on the front page. It's blatant lie. They should have changed it instantly to something about the feature being bugged and that they are working on it. Keeping it up is just an insult.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Why on earth has this not been deactivated yet? Its been 3 days now! The lag makes the game nearly unplayable atm. I especially like the 3 or 4 second pauses every 30 secs as when I get control again ive managed to nearly delete a building or have a display of one come up 3 times in succession.

The only thing that seems to work are the reduced geologist search times. Some special week this is!
    Completely agree.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    The update is now one and a half hour late. I guess it was too convenient to update in the middle of the day so they'll just have to wait until the afternoon so the downtime can affect the maximum amount of players. Why shut the game down if it isn't prime time?

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel
    A HOTFIX will be deployed this afternoon
    Changes: It is planned to fix the recent performance issues and the search times of geologists and explorers.
    Well, I decided I wasn't going to 'hold my breath' over the unscheduled maintenance that aimed to fix the problems and it seems that was a wise course of action. Whilst, as far as I can tell, the issue with the explorers and geologists timers going haywire seems to have been fixed, I must confess I haven't really devoted a great deal of time or energy to testing that too thoroughly, as I have been too busy uttering obscenities through gritted teeth when the game freezes for the umpteenth time.

From my perspective, the "hotfix" has made absolutely no difference to the "recent performance issues" and it is now time for "The Exploration Weeks" to be removed from live servers, before Blue Byte goes home for the weekend.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 26.09.14 at 02:13.

World
    Newfoundland
    before the hotfix i didnt notice any performance issues at all. now its horrible.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Of course the fix coincided with the release of PvP on the test server, reinforcing my suspicion that the test server and euro servers share hardware.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i think im in the right topic for this:

geo using this skill tree:

i think it has something to do with the time (possible lagg issues) that they didnt find the deposit. however, after 2.5 minutes (what it takes to find the deposit) the deposit became available. after 1 minute the geo came back with 'see first picture'.

World
    Newfoundland
    the time things arrive is pretty much random these days. if its less than an hour off its probably "working as intended"
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread