Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game is almost unplayable

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    *Puts on tin foil hat

I believe the lag and the "explorer event" is working as intended.

They needed to stop us spamming adventures in order to stockpile weapons from loot, before they implement the retarded changes to the adventure system.
    What better than a massive dose of lag to make adventures significantly harder!

*removes tin foil hat

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm on almost 24 hours a day, I never log off. Only time I get disconnected is when there's maintenance or a network issue on my side

Are you sure there's not a problem on your end?

World
    Newfoundland
    good one toto
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I do think if this was some conspiracy by BB ,everyone of us would suffer with the lag and that is just not so. So do players they do not like suffer more I am sure they love us all. They need us they are not going to disrupt our play to make a point or an extra buck.

On the whole i suffer very little but i have a little springclean of my laptop and yay we are off again full steam ahead. So much as some hate the idea our pc's , laptops, the way we do our housework , which browser we choose does have an affect too, a substantial one. I am no computer buff but i do know that if you run Google you end up with two versions of Flash. Now logically that would cause a conflict. Then add to the mix a java update thrown in (this is when i have a problem) the two are out of sync until you update flash.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    BB have admitted on the .net forum that there is an issue with the latest game version. The problem is not our caches, or Flash or which browser we use. It's yet another example of untested content going live and surprise surprise causing problems. Frankly I'd rather not have surprise content. I'd like working content. That would be a *real* surprise!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    There is a recent BB announcement in the same thread on the .net forum which promises a new fix next maintenance.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Many of the complaints have been going on for a long time and of course there may be a legitimate game issue. But in the past there has not been it HAS been lack of knowledge on behalf of some of the players with regard to their own PCs.

We do need to continually inform them but its getting harder because those that do not need the knowledge seem to forget that others do and are shouting over them and being misleading. For every player that has a problem how many do not? - I would love a thread where they could get away with saying that without being shouted down by someone else.

This forum used to be a far more interesting place to be with far more people posting but the shouting over each other is spoiling it. In my opinion overall the game has developed well and if it had not I would not be still playing and we all have that choice. In the meantime i will carry on improving my pc housework, doing MY bit to ensure the game works well and you know what, yes i have times when i keep getting booted off but I sort it and can then go sometimes weeks without a problem. If BB have admitted they have caused a glitch then I trust they are working on it and will resolve it as soon as they can - it is in their own best interests too.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    This problem is affecting me and several members of my guild, so it has to be a BB issue . However thank you for the information provided which may speed up our pcs/laptops - at the very least it may help improve or mitigate the the problem and you lose nothing by trying it

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Jim_B and VVidi appear to be referring to the same post:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor
    Hi everyone,

We are aware that major performances issues are still affecting your gaming experience. We have applied some hotfixes to the backend, but it wasn't enough.

We have identified additional issues and we have a fix almost ready but we will only deploy it during the next maintenance
    I know that one more week is a long time, but we want to avoid another maintenance week (like last week).

Again, I am really sorry about the poor performances.

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

Original
    If posts like this were more common globally it's likely people wouldn't be using words like "admitted" to describe them. That said, it has also been nice to see the local teams around the world acknowledging that there is a problem, even if the responses haven't all been as complete. It's frustrating enough when things break and the oft seen corporate habit of Silence doesn't help, this current approach is better.

Mortallicus, you're absolutely right in saying it's worth checking things player-side and to do that it helps to know how. Running through the checklist, when one knows the checklist, is fairly quick and easy and even if it doesn't fix a specific problem it may catch others. In this case, and with many bugs, posting "I've tried all the standard fixes and no go." is feedback as useful as "I did xyz and it fixed things!" and, as you said, the two streams of info can get tangled. Feathers are easily ruffled because it is so common for players to be told, in short, "It's your fault, not BB's nor the game's." even when that's clearly not the case. Again, this current approach, with local teams acknowledging a difficulty and offering info when possible, is better.

Edit: Also worth noting:

Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    This forum used to be a far more interesting place to be with far more people posting but the shouting over each other is spoiling it. In my opinion overall the game has developed well and if it had not I would not be still playing and we all have that choice.
    Quite a lot of fora worldwide have grown quieter, if multiple collections of many many posts can be taken as representative this is due largely to the previously mentioned Silence and general lack of communication from BB. Not so much because of players behaving badly. It gets tedious caring and saying the same thing over and over into what often seems like a 'black hole', especially when it's known information is often, though not always, out there. (Sometimes BB really are just as lost as we are.) As an example of available info that can be found, if you know where to look - the semi-recent gamescom talk, parts: 1 and: 2, addressed many longstanding questions. If you knew where to find it and can handle the German. A lot of people would have felt a lot better for a long time if some of that had been public long ago.

There have been a few glimmers of communication improvement recently, to go with a few striking setbacks. Here's hoping the glimmers win out in the end.

/end slightly offtopic thoughts. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Bug Thread.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 02.10.14 at 15:11. Reason: Forum thoughts - yea/nay feedback

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, that is correct. The fix will be implemented next maintenance.

Reply to Thread