Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Game is almost unplayable

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Angry war monument

I suggest all players who had blocks fail because of the server lag, receive a small war monument with the text, when pointer hoovering over the monument "here lie our unknown heroes, fallen because of bad code and server lag".

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    so .. in other words... almost 1 week downtime?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I lost count how many troops i have lost, TO not working, having to repeat things 3+ times, adventures are almost unplayable. Checking troops that you load doesnt help as by the time it gets to the camp, somehow previous troop setups are present. Explorers dont seem to want to go and search, nor do explorers. TO locks up, the list goes on and on. The more stuff i do in the game the worse it gets.

Couldnt get on last night, locked up, after 10 mins i gave up. Got up today all my gold chain still running unbuffed, gold mine almost collapsed....bleh. This is not just horrible, its unplayable. I think its time to leave this game. Just spent money recently too which is a shame. Will stop playing till next maint. If its not fixed after that I think its time we part ways.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor
    We are aware that major performances issues are still affecting your gaming experience.
    We have applied some hotfixes to the backend, but it wasn't enough.

We have identified additional issues and we have a fix almost ready but we will only deploy it during the next maintenance
    I know that one more week is a long time, but we want to avoid another maintenance week (like last week).

Again, I am really sorry about the poor performances.
    Translation:
    The modified Explorer code is causing the lag, but we don't why, or how to fix it, so it'll get sorted when the Explorer Bonus is due to get removed anyway. In the mean time, those of you that are affected by the colossal hordes of lag may continue to suffer, with our compliments.

They could remove the lag today, if they were inclined. That way we wouldn't have to put up with another weekend like the last one. Only reason I can think why they wouldn't is that someone's pride won't allow the public admission that the introduction of Exploration Week was a massive error in judgment.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 03.10.14 at 04:50.

World
    Newfoundland
    While it's true that Exploration Week did not improve the previously reported performance issues, the situation was exacerbated for some players. A fix was attempted this week on some of the other servers during their normal maintenance time and BB_Imtia (Romanian CM) has confirmed today that the update has been successful.

In order to avoid additional downtime, the fix will be implemented during our regular maintenance.

On the bright side, the update we will receive has been proven a success so further additional downtime should not be required.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    let bb do something about the thing that people loses connection with the server and then almost cant re-enter the game. guildies are thinking to quit the game if this continues

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yea our guild is totally dead. No one on now. Hope most of them come back. I completely forgot about the weekly gem bonus so I just log in to claim that. At this hour 2 people are on from my guild. Usually we have about 20. Server seems very quiet. Funnily enough with hardly any1 on server seems to be usable now. But it bugga's belief that they would take the server offline right in the middle of aussie peak hour to fix something without warning, or that doesnt really seem like a game breaker. But something like this they wont fix.

Yet something like this they are happy to let people suffer. Spent weeks accumulating things like copper ore and the days I couldnt log in or play, I lost half of it, as well as my copper bars etc. I really dont understand how BB decide when to spring a surprise maintenance on us. Why doesnt this warrant that, yet server is like a ghost town, everyone has lost troops, saved up stores, etc. Can't play and yet we wait. Very disappointing. Had to cancel my weekend WW.

Halloween coming up and the stuff i have lost which has taken me weeks to accumulate slowly has me very annoyed. Honestly what is wrong with you? Why didnt this get escalated as a Severity 1 problem? Outage or unplayable game doesnt qualify....LMAO. I have seen many people leave that were spending a fortune on this game. You could be making much more money if they you kept those that spend a lot of money on the game happy, instead of alienating them and not giving 2 shanks about their opinion or concerns.

anyways rant over. During this period I am seriously considering leaving this game and doing something more constructive with my time. Keep up the alienation of your user base BB, real shame since its a cool game.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    maybe my expectations are lower ect than some others, but i look at this as a game that i play to enjoy, yes all things in games and life wont always go good and take some getting there...
    we constantly ask BB for more and more to add or improve our islands, bugs is the result of adding codes to codes, its about to happens
    Give BB time the'll sort it out >> smirkles )
    Thanks for the feedback BB

Reply to Thread