Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game is almost unplayable

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

Game is almost unplayable

Hi... my game is almost unplayable, it freezes every 30 seconds, had 2 flash crashes in 30 minutes, and have had to refresh twice as all chat keeps vanishing.
    I have done all the usual cleared cache changed browsers and it is still the same.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Wow.. that's even worse than what I have been getting every evening (at peak time) since last maintenance. All you can do is send a ticket to support and cross your fingers that enough people have complained about the lag since the 'hot fix' that they actually realise that they need to deactivate the changes they made last week... that's pretty much what the support guy I have been speaking to has told me.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    ty for the reply, I will send a ticket now

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

losing Chat Again

Hi... I am losing chat again after it was supposed to be fixed, also generals take ages to load on adventures, and the generals are taking so long now to kill camps I am having to refresh.

Please can you fix it, I just want to play my game without all these constant hassles.

Oh and I have done the usual cleared cache and refreshed.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey same here ive done all the above

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Hi do check you have the most uptodate version of Flash to check which you have right click on your screen whilst in settlers. Also do ensure your cache is large enough by right clicking in settlers and going to settings. Set the bar to high.

"Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Hi do check you have the most uptodate version of Flash to check which you have right click on your screen whilst in settlers. Also do ensure your cache is large enough by right clicking in settlers and going to settings. Set the bar to high.
    Been there, done that... lag is still making the game so annoying to play that I will be putting my island in full 'lock down' for the duration once the buffs on my gold chain run out in a very short while. The only times I have ever done this before is when I have gone on holiday, but I really cannot stand another week of this <expletive deletive>.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Been there, done that... lag is still making the game so annoying to play that I will be putting my island in full 'lock down' for the duration once the buffs on my gold chain run out in a very short while. The only times I have ever done this before is when I have gone on holiday, but I really cannot stand another week of this <expletive deletive>.
    I know, many have, but some have not and for some this still improves the situation. So worth a shot.

Little snippets of advice that may help need to continually be bought back to the top
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I know, many have, but some have not and for some this still improves the situation. So worth a shot.

Little snippets of advice that may help need to continually be bought back to the top
    Fair deuce!

Though I was mainly trying to make the point that whilst some measures to optimize can be taken by players to minimize the effects, the real culprit is the modifications made by 'Exploration Week' and the fact that BB is persisting with it on some servers and not on at least one other beggars belief.

Maybe they should do a big run of T-Shirts made up for our Settlers with the slogan:
    "I was there for Exploration Week and all I got was this lousy lag"

World
    Newfoundland
    I know the lag is very bad for some of you and that information has been passed on every day.
    A fix is being worked on to solve the recent performance issues. While I know that is not new info, it is the only info available at this time.

Reply to Thread