Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 187

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2014

  1. #131
    Veteran Communicator Brayarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    791
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Didn't the test phase end before anyone got a top level golem?
    No I unlocked each and everyone of them.

  2. #132
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    36
    World
    Sandycove
    Smile.....

  3. #133
    Quartermaster minion79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leixlip, Ireland
    Posts
    251
    World
    Newfoundland
    (Threads merged)

  4. #134
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    What is being "discusssed" is that you think that something is broken because you lack resouces to play the quest and although I agree that market can be very unbalanced my point is that you can get everything you need from adventures. So if you really wanted to play you'd do it...
    Your argument that golem is broken because of trade is amusing if nothing else. It works fine.
    And mind you that while I was lvl 36 during the easter event I never lived in delusion that system must comply to me so that me, relatively new user and lvl 36 player could get absolutely all the eggs and all the items from the current event.
    6 months later though, I'll get them all.
    So again, play or don't but don't claim something is broken because you can not play.
    You are wrong, I am not calling it broken because of my lack of resources - that is not what is being discussed, that is what you are trying to turn the discussion into. Stop trying to take over my discussion with your irrelevant nonsense. I am well aware that there are other ways to get the resources, so stop repeating the same nonsense.

    Also, I've never said Golems are broken because of trade.
    I've also never said nor suggested that the "system must comply to me".
    And I've most certainly never claimed Golems are "broken because [I] can't play", I can play just fine.

    I've told you multiple times now that you clearly don't understand what's being discussed, and instead of figuring out what I'm saying, you've resorted to creating strawman arguments about my position and making false statements about what I've said, which is beyond ridiculous. What is your problem with having a discussion about the Golem mechanics to the point that you feel you need to go so far as to lie about me and what I've said? Seriously, this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Cinphul; 29.10.14 at 14:15.

  5. #135
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Oh dear, Prams and toys spring to mind.
    In the interest of `feedback' I think the Golem part of the event is NOT broken. You insist that the step up is to great because you are not at a high enough level to have the resources to kill the Ancient Golem. Yet in your opening post you clearly state you have managed at your `lowly level' to kill two, forgive me but if it was broken then how could this be?

    It probably has not occurred to you that this was the number a level 37 was suppose to achieve by design, and maybe a level 38 could achieve three, etc, etc. Nowhere, either on test or in the Event Diary was it ever mentioned that you HAD to kill every Golem, or even that you HAD to kill one every 24 hrs. The fact that they remain UNTIL you have gained enough resources to make the buff to kill them, reinforces IMV that whilst the step up may appear harsh, there is still opportunity to participate.....IF you make use of all the game mechanics available to you, Adventuring, explorer searches ( geared to find titanium ) and Trade, and IF you don't Then you have to settle for TWO ( or three, you know you want too )as your limit.
    To claim that it's okay that a level 35 can very easily kill golems every day of the entire event, while a level 37 player is only expected to get as far as killing 2 Ancient Golems, and then maybe a few more for the entire remainder of the event, simply makes no sense. It's a completely illogical argument on your part, which is why you've not and can't provide any substantive justification for such a nonsensical system.

    "By design" means it was an intentional, planned consequence of the tiering of golems... To suggest this massive imbalance between level 35 and 36 was setup on purpose is nothing more than unsupported, illogical speculation, and frankly pretty absurd.

    Well, you could spend gems, instead of effort and buy a deck or two of titanium from the merchant, the option is always there , but I will always opt for a little effort myself . A month ago I had only around 1k of titanium ore in store, right now I have enough to kill all my golems and a friend or two's to boot...and I have not spent a `ton of gold' to do it either. So my feedback to your thread, is My Golem is working perfectly, he's popping up nice and regular, and is being sent back from whence he came with a puff of stone dust and titanium residue. Traders will pfft at the price correlation to pumpkins and the cost in titanium, but I do it to push my little islands economy to succeed in the quest, like I have always done in both these and the crisis quests, the material `pixel' return is only a small part of the game, the satisfaction of doing as much as you can, what ever your level, is much more satisfying
    I know what the options are. You're missing the point - as a level 35, I don't have to spend any gems or buy tons of expensive resources to completely kill all the golems - I just need to mine some iron, which takes no effort and is easily achieved while paying out zero gems or gold etc.

    Again, the issues is the huge difference in expense required for a level 36 compared to the almost free cost to a level 35, which is absurd. And, as several have pointed out, the number of additional pumpkins that could be earned by spending all of those resources are actually better off being spent on buying pumpkins directly. That is a broken system. To claim this is "by design" is simply misleading nonsense that you can't support with logic or facts.
    Last edited by Cinphul; 29.10.14 at 14:17.

  6. #136
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by rathbone93 View Post
    I love the "broken" golem quests. I'm making so much coin selling titanium ore on the market.

    Just because the game presents you with a quest does not mean that it's inherently a good idea economically to complete that quest. Some players will complete it since they find joy in completing quests (even if they don't make economic sense). I myself appreciate the smart-looking, dayglo raver golem free decoration that will live on my island for another week.
    The problem is, at level 35, it's a fantastic idea to complete the quest if you want pumpkins, while at level 36, it's a terrible idea to complete the quest if you want pumpkins. That is broken.

  7. #137
      Town Crier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    800
    World
    Northisle
    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul
    I am not calling it broken because of my lack of resources...
    It certainly seems like you are to me because of this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul
    Maybe level 50 players have 4600+ titanium to throw around, but at level 37, it's only day 3 of the Ancient Golem for me and I've already wiped out my small titanium supply..
    And this claim...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul
    Also, I've never said Golems are broken because of trade...
    ...sure seems like it is contradicted by this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul
    If I want to continue defeating Golems, my only option is to wipe out my gold and other resources to buy titanium at absurdly high prices. Which isn't really an option.
    But yes, you are right when you say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul
    ...they cost waaaaaaaaay to much for such a small increase in the number of pumpkins earned...
    However, you are wrong when you say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul
    ...you clearly don't understand what's being discussed...
    I think you will find that, in fact, you do not appreciate the messages your words convey. I think you do not understand the answer you have already received in that the Golems are designed as an optional feature. Every player (regardless of level) has the option to gain some for the cheaper resources. But the nature of this game is such that, generally speaking, higher level players should be in a better position to obtain the resources required should they wish to continue killing golems regardless of how efficient a process it might be.

    Now... I'm not saying that they chose the cut off points perfectly. In fact I'd be very surprised if they had. But that leads to a conclusion that the idea could use some fine tuning... not that it is "broken".

  8. #138
    Veteran Communicator Brayarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    791
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul View Post
    The problem is, at level 35, it's a fantastic idea to complete the quest if you want pumpkins, while at level 36, it's a terrible idea to complete the quest if you want pumpkins. That is broken.

    Seeing as most adventures start dropping titanium at the level 36 mark, I would say it would be difficult for any player who has just turned level 36 to have any great stock of this resource. Level 42 would at least allow the player to have played some adventures and built a little stock up.

    While it would be possible for players under level 36 to accept loot spots to gain titanium ore, Would the average newer player be utilizing this? Not every player reads the forums daily.

    There of course would be titanium returned from explorers but they return such minimal amounts it would never be enough to complete the golem quest chains.

    I too have not bothered with the ancient golems and I am level 50, The reason for this is because black knights drops so many pumpkins that I don't need to do the quest chains, But if the pumpkin drops from adventures were reduced or my capability to do the so frequent that would be a very different story.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 29.10.14 at 13:48.

  9. #139
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Well...

    It certainly seems like you are to me because of this:

    And this claim...

    ...sure seems like it is contradicted by this:

    But yes, you are right when you say:

    However, you are wrong when you say:
    Well...

    It's obvious you are specifically and deliberately pulling quotes out of context to create a false argument.

    I have repeatedly made my point very clearly, using other information to support my position. You have now edited out all context and only pulled the supporting information to create this false argument. Why the word games? Or are you going to claim you actually believe pulling snippets from entire posts is representative of what I've said?

    I think you will find that, in fact, you do not appreciate the messages your words convey.
    When pulled out of context as you've done, they no longer represent what I conveyed, they represent the edited, butchered version of what you want them to convey.

    If I used your standards for quoting, I could attribute this statement to you:
    "I do not understand Golems"

    After all, you've said all of those words, so clearly I'm just presenting the parts of your argument that I find relevant, and you no doubt agree with me that this is a correct representation of what you've said?

    I think you do not understand the answer you have already received in that the Golems are designed as an optional feature.
    This is an absurdly ridiculous statement. I don't understand that the golems are optional? Not only does this have absolutely nothing to do with what I've said, it's simply down right laughable and totally wrong of you to level such a baseless claim against me.

    Every player (regardless of level) has the option to gain some for the cheaper resources. But the nature of this game is such that, generally speaking, higher level players should be in a better position to obtain the resources required should they wish to continue killing golems regardless of how efficient a process it might be.
    See Brayarg's post, he address this perfectly.
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post267797

    Now... I'm not saying that they chose the cut off points perfectly. In fact I'd be very surprised if they had. But that leads to a conclusion that the idea could use some fine tuning... not that it is "broken".
    Any system where it's a fantastic idea to complete the quest at level 35 if you want pumpkins, while it's a terrible idea to complete the quest at level 36 if you want pumpkins, is broken. To claim it's not is simply trying to split hairs over what amounts to irrelevant semantics.
    Last edited by Cinphul; 29.10.14 at 14:48.

  10. #140
      Town Crier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    800
    World
    Northisle
    Cinphul.. nothing I have quoted from you is out of context.

    You claimed that you had not called the golem system broken due to your lack of resources and that you never claimed in that it was broken because of trade. However, you used BOTH of those points when you started the (now merged) 'broken golems' thread to support your opening post in that thread. That is not me creating a false argument, that is you denying the plainly obvious.

    Now I tried to minimise my level of confrontation in my previous post, but you seem determined to pick a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with everything you have said regardless of their own experiences or opinions.

    No, I do not believe what I quoted was representative of everything you have said. I do, however, believe it demonstrates quite clearly why others in this thread have come to the conclusion that you are saying that Golems are broken because of your lack or resources and the increased prices in trade... because you give no other reasons for your conclusion in your original post.

    You've given your feedback. You believe the golems to be broken. We get that. You are entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to express both that opinion and your reasons for it. You are not entitled to attack people for disagreeing with you and picking holes in your reasoning. There is a word for that... it is called flaming.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 29.10.14 at 15:40.

Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [Feedback] Halloween Event 2015
    By BB_Ravel in forum News Feedback
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 13.11.15, 12:00
  2. Most Important on Halloween Event 2014
    By quartex in forum Creative Area
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06.11.14, 21:32
  3. [Dev Diary] Halloween Event 2014
    By BB_Ravel in forum Dev Diaries
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15.10.14, 15:18
  4. [Feedback] Halloween Event 2014 Sneak Peek
    By Iolanthe in forum News Feedback
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14.09.14, 17:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.