Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2014

World
    Newfoundland
    Cinphul please remember that in our guild we will help you with every resource you need to defeat the Golum IF that is what you desire ..

i see your point 35/36 is a BIG diffrence when it comes to the Golum , but thats how the designers wanted it.. we can argue it but it will not make it any more diffrent..

I think its best if we simple leave this discussion as it doesn't go anywhere..

Again if you feel like you want to destroy all your golums and you need help simple ASK we are here to help you (not to see you having a rant on the forums )
    and FYI we level 50's hardly do the golum simple cause we find it not worthy , doesn't mean we like it but its how it is you and i can not change that

Greets Miranda ( feel free to ventilate in guild about that matter aswell )
    The Hell Unleashed , best guild ever!! see you there! [THU]

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Cinphul.. nothing I have quoted from you is out of context.

You claimed that you had not called the golem system broken due to your lack of resources and that you never claimed in that it was broken because of trade. However, you used BOTH of those points when you started the (now merged) 'broken golems' thread to support your opening post in that thread. That is not me creating a false argument, that is you denying the plainly obvious.

Now I tried to minimise my level of confrontation in my previous post, but you seem determined to pick a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with everything you have said regardless of their own experiences or opinions.

No, I do not believe what I quoted was representative of everything you have said. I do, however, believe it demonstrates quite clearly why others in this thread have come to the conclusion that you are saying that Golems are broken because of your lack or resources and the increased prices in trade... because you give no other reasons for your conclusion in your original post.

You've given your feedback. You believe the golems to be broken. We get that. You are entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to express both that opinion and your reasons for it. You are not entitled to attack people for disagreeing with you and picking holes in your reasoning. There is a word for that... it is called flaming.
    The text you quoted about 4600+ titanium was to illustrate the huge requirement jump between level 35 Golems and level 37 Golems, as Brayarg noted and agrees with. It was not, as you and CrazyBat have falsely claimed, "because of my lack of resources", which is nothing more then defamatory nonsense that you can only support by pulling my statements out of context.

I created a FEEDBACK post to provide my feedback on something I consider unreasonable and broken - it has nothing to do with my lack of resources, it has everything to do with the huge and unreasonable jump in requirements from 35 to 36.

What you seem to not understand is that if the level 35- requirements were similar in difficulty to my requirements at 36+, I would not have created this feedback post because though the price may be higher than I am willing or able to pay, there is consistency. However, such consistency is not the case - there is a massive jump, which is what I was referring to when I said this, which you absolutely ignored when you provided only a small, out of context snipped to support your false claim.
    Last edited by Cinphul; 29.10.14 at 17:49.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Come on folks, give the guy a break! If you look at the bigger picture, he is right.

The Golem feature is not broken in the way that it does not work. It works and does what it is supposed to do: being a resource sink that rewards a number of pumpkins. Now the same Golem is supposed to add something new to the game for the Halloween.

If the resources asked are more expensive than the reward then not many people will partake. It is a simple fact; some will doit for the fun of it while others will not. Why bother add something that half (many) of the people will not bother with? I'm level 50, I can afford to spend all the required titanium ore BUT I am not doing it because it is not attractive enough. I can imagine that a lower level, say 36, will find these requirements ridiculous and hard to come-by. If you're lucky, a BK lootspot will drop 500 titanium ore which won't be nearly enough for the later Golems, you do the math! So in a way some could argue that the Golem "is broken".

The jump from level 35 to 36 is indeed high and sending people to trade is not always the option or at least it shouldn't be.

BB should have made the jump at 40-42 if you ask me or have more brackets if you will. At the same time am not blaming them for the current prices of Titanium Ore on the Trade Office or price of lootspots in trade chat because those are created by players and BB has no control over that on any given server.

Now lets not argue semantics... is the Golem broken? Yes and No would be my answer for the reasons above.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul View Post
    The text you quoted about 4600+ titanium was to illustrate the huge requirement jump between level 35 Golems and level 37 Golems, as Brayarg noted and agrees with. It was not, as you and CrazyBat have falsely claimed, "because of my lack of resources", which is nothing more then defamatory nonsense that you can only support by pulling my statements out of context.

I created a FEEDBACK post to provide my feedback on something I consider unreasonable and broken - it has nothing to do with my lack of resources, it has everything to do with the huge and unreasonable jump in requirements from 35 to 36.

What you seem to not understand is that if the level 35- requirements were similar in difficulty to my requirements at 36+, I would not have created this feedback post because though the price may be higher than I am willing or able to pay, there is consistency. However, such consistency is not the case - there is a massive jump, which is what I was referring to when I said this, which you absolutely ignored when you provided only a small, out of context snipped to support your false claim.
    It's hard to pull statements out of a context that was never established in the first place. I have re-read your original post several times and, for the life of me, I cannot see any clear reference to the "level jump" you are now describing. All I see is you saying that you wiped out your titanium supply killing two golems, that to continue killing golems you would need to trade at absurdly high prices and that you would have preferred to have the option to continue killing smaller golems... and that is all.

In the posts following, other people argue against those stated reasons and you respond with accusations of them missing a point you never actually explained. So, if people, like myself, have misunderstood that post, it is only because your intended message was not clear. Accusing people of being defamatory because you fail to explain your argument well is counter productive. However, given that you have now clearly stated the crux of your argument, I will answer to that point as follows:

I remember the golems last year, where everyone used the exact same resources to kill all golems, just in greater quantities as you progressed through them. I remember many players, myself included, hoarding those resources in anticipation. I remember the prices of those resources going through the roof as a result, with prices starting to rise well before the event had even started. I also remember helping some of my lower level friends kill golems on their island because they could neither produce enough of the surplus resources they needed to do it themselves nor afford to buy them on trade.

This time, I assume, BB tried to avoid repeating that problem and if we had all had the option, as you suggest, to continue killing the lower level golems then I do not believe that issue would have been properly addressed. Having the resource change for higher level players was not a mistake, in my opinion. Instead, the problem arises from the fact that the resource switches from ones that are freely produced on player islands to one that is only obtainable through trading and/or adventuring.

EDIT: I would also like to make the point that you do still have the option to obtain pumpkins using Water, Copper and/or Iron Ore should you wish to do so. I have made healthy amounts of pumpkins from trading all three resources. There is more than one way to skin a cat.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 29.10.14 at 23:20.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    BB should have made the jump at 40-42 if you ask me or have more brackets if you will.
    I am level 45 and also burned through my stocks of titanium ore killing only a few golems... I shall not be killing any more during this event. Do I think the Golems are broken?... absolutely not! I believe they are working exactly as intended by giving lower level players a steady trickle of pumpkins using resources from their island, whilst making more experienced players put in a little more work to obtain pumpkins, whether that be through trade or adventuring.

I cannot count how many times I have seen players complain that the lower level (newer) player is disadvantaged when it comes to events, so it is nice to see one aspect of this event working in their favour. Higher level players have way more lucrative advantages when it comes to obtaining pumpkins, so I do not begrudge the lower levels this one, relatively minor advantage. However, I will concede that being just above the cut off point must be somewhat frustrating, but that would be an issue no matter whether BB set the bar at 36, 40 or 42.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinphul View Post
    You are wrong, I am not calling it broken because of my lack of resources - that is not what is being discussed, that is what you are trying to turn the discussion into. Stop trying to take over my discussion with your irrelevant nonsense. I am well aware that there are other ways to get the resources, so stop repeating the same nonsense.

Also, I've never said Golems are broken because of trade.
    I've also never said nor suggested that the "system must comply to me".
    And I've most certainly never claimed Golems are "broken because [I] can't play", I can play just fine.

I've told you multiple times now that you clearly don't understand what's being discussed, and instead of figuring out what I'm saying, you've resorted to creating strawman arguments about my position and making false statements about what I've said, which is beyond ridiculous. What is your problem with having a discussion about the Golem mechanics to the point that you feel you need to go so far as to lie about me and what I've said? Seriously, this is ridiculous.
    Do I really need to quote your first post and your first answer at my answer to it? All of my answers were in reference to your opening post. You changing the course of discussion to make your point did not interest me. Your rants do not interest me. Your snotty remarks do not interest me.
    My answers were always in reference to your claim that there is no way for you to get the titanium to kill golems.

World
    Newfoundland
    Your comments on the Golems being "broken" (or not) will be passed on. The original thread was a feedback one and I think we have plenty of that.
    Let's just agree to disagree on this one, as more insults and flaming are not going to benefit anyone and it's pretty clear at this point that you are not going to change each other's minds.

To try and steer the conversation in a more positive direction, what was your favourite thing about Halloween this year?
    Last edited by minion79; 30.10.14 at 11:47.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Your comments on the Golems being "broken" (or not) will be passed on. The original thread was a feedback one and I think we have plenty of that.
    Let's just agree to disagree on this one, as more insults and flaming are not going to benefit anyone and it's pretty clear at this point that you are not going to change each other's minds.

To try and steer the conversation in a more positive direction, what was your favourite thing about Halloween this year?
    My favourite part were the adventures, I like the way it encourages the community to work together to attain pumpkins.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    My favourite part was actually the golems. I enjoyed destroying them to earn some extra pumpkins and, now I no longer have the resources to continue destroying them, I like my 'free decoration' occupying that otherwise boring, empty space. I understand that the space is reserved for use in events, but I really wish you would do something more interesting with it between times. Even just filling it with trees would be an improvement... or you could put a castle there that the golems could trample over every Halloween... or even just let us place some of our own decorations there that could be automatically returned to our star whenever an event that needed the space was activated.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    There seems to be some kind of bug in today's Golem. I have produced the necessary amount of Holy Water to destroy it (60 bottles) and when I clicked on the golem it asked for only 50 but it is now stuck being impossible to click on it whereas the water is no longer in my star menu.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Reply to Thread