Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Uplay downtime

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Personally I'm more surprised than I should be there was no "We apologise for the inconvenience." It's just standard.

The somewhat baffling bit in all this is that it's not clear a number of posts are being read as [Feedback], which is exactly what they are. Valid frustration and a strong desire to feel one is talking to an actual person who might actually hear, understand, respond to and pass on those frustrations in a manner fitting the situation and their position on the communication ladder is one of the main reasons we address people directly. When something appears to go awry in that frustrations mount.

Even in less emotional situations, for example when I say "The 'stories' attached to "gift" packets are bizarre." I don't mean "Ravel, it's your fault for writing strangeness about piebald accordianists, wicked spells, people skulking round the black market, and plumbers!" I mean - A lot of people have no idea what these things are on about, a little clarity might come in useful.

In the case of this last one whoever it is that writes these for global release might have done a little better than to inform us we are "lucky".

That's a bit rude to people who were heavily affected by some of the recent trouble.

The main point in this thread seems to be, once again - The chain of communication in TSO (and their associates) is very very broken. This makes everything more difficult for players as well as all the local teams and public voices of BB.

Quote Originally Posted by minion79 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    As for the issue of the server upgrade itself... Short notice or not, it is utterly moronic that some sort of "server upgrade" should happen and there not be a SINGLE WORD about it on the uplay.com front page.
    Hi Ozzymandeus - while there was nothing on their front page, there was an announcement in their news and announcements section here.

While you may consider your anger/disappointment valid you are now directing it in the wrong direction. As stated it was a global issue not caused by TSO, and as such this is the wrong forum to be venting in.
    Bit silly people should have to go digging around on entirely Other websites to try to figure out what's gone wrong on the one they want. Most people wouldn't even have bothered. While a post to Uplay on their forum is appropriate so too is pointing out here, once again, very specific communications breakdowns.

If [Feedback] on things that affect people here ought not to be given here, and given with the accurate understanding that there is a point to going to the trouble of writing it all out, where should it go? Aside from our local team we of the playerside don't have a lot of options for communicating with Those On High and as They very rarely speak for themselves we are compelled to turn again to our local teams to speak for them.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 09.10.14 at 22:49. Reason: tyops - clarity

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by minion79 View Post
    Hi Ozzymandeus - while there was nothing on their front page, there was an announcement in their news and announcements section here.

While you may consider your anger/disappointment valid you are now directing it in the wrong direction. As stated it was a global issue not caused by TSO, and as such this is the wrong forum to be venting in.
    I have never used the uPlay forums. Since I gave up on the Assassin's Creed franchise, the only reason I have to use my uPlay account and password any more is for logging in here. So are you suggesting that the forums of the game I could not access are not an appropriate place to register a complaint.. and that instead I should go to post in a forum that I have never looked at before today, for a site that I have not directly used in years, to register my ire? This just gets better...

I can't help but notice that post you link was also at extremely short notice. Begs the question just exactly how many people had any chance to see it before the maintenance happened? And considering, as I seem to understand it, this is a global umbrella that affected users of all Ubisoft platforms and games, I am afraid that just amplifies the lack of professionalism exponentially in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad
    This has been a familiar story for 3 years now...
    If that is the case then why should we take this...

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel
    All I can promise is we are working to avoid this type of situation in the future and we will do our best to provide timely updates when it comes to planned downtime.
    ...as anything more than meaningless platitude with no actual substance?
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 09.10.14 at 18:33.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for your patience and understanding! are you a politician, i dont see anyone being understanding or patient. own your mistakes

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Because the point is much the same - The early update is much appreciated but this on the homepage:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSettlersOnline_SupportTeam

Support Form Outage

Dear Settlers,

The Support contact form doesn't process mails at the moment.

No tickets arrived in our system since Saturday.

Our technicians are working on a fix. We cannot say for sure if the mails are lost or not. We will inform you tomorrow with the latest news on this topic.

Please use the following email address to contact us:
    account.support@thesettlersonline.com

If you sent a support request and received no confirmation message, please send your request again to the mentioned address.

UPDATE - October 14th, 10.30 AM

Requests sent between Saturday and Monday were not lost.
    These are currently being processed by the system and confirmation messages are being sent out.

Your "The Settlers Online" Support team
    would have been much improved by a small, simple, responsible, and considerate addition to either the original post or the update:

We apologise for the inconvenience and any delay in response time.
    This could have been quite reasonably followed by:

Thank you for your patience.
    We tend to be much more patient and understanding when someone steps up and that often lessens the feeling one needs to use excessive !. For both sides.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 14.10.14 at 14:16. Reason: acknowledging the part well done, not just citing the glaring omissions.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    The only time I have ever seen an apology it was combined with an accusation of being a lying troublemaker and the apology was only if the accusation was incorrect.

So, apparently, nobody ever makes a mistake worth apologising for; they only misjudge people's intentions when complaining.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread