Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Uplay downtime

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle

Uplay downtime

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel
    Dear Settlers,
    Ubisoft is performing a server upgrade today between 9.00 and 13.00 BST.
    As a result, Uplay login may be unavailable during this interval.

We are aware of the situation and trying to restore full functionality as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your patience!
    BB_Ravel
    In future, could we please get better notice of this kind of thing than above message which was posted approximately three quarters of an hour after this one started?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    You were at least 25 hours too late with that message. We need to know that a day in advance. It said server upgrade and that is a planned procedure. How useless are BB at community management? Why do they hate to share information? Are the lead developers mute?

World
    Newfoundland
    There was indeed a miscommunication on this issue and you have every right to be upset about it.
    We are working on avoiding this type of situations in the future.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    There was indeed a miscommunication on this issue and you have every right to be upset about it.
    We are working on avoiding this type of situations in the future.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding!
    This is far from the first time there is a "misscommunication". Is there even a system where different departments communicates with each other? Because it seems like the developers and and the community are two completely isolated units.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Is the word "sorry" even in Blue Byte's dictionary, Ravel?

If we "have every right to be upset about it", then surely we have have good reason to expect a proper apology and not the usual half-baked corporatised nonsense you have just posted.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Is the word "sorry" even in Blue Byte's dictionary, Ravel?

If we "have every right to be upset about it", then surely we have have good reason to expect a proper apology and not the usual half-baked corporatised nonsense you have just posted.
    They never apologies and they never even admit that problems exist. Their heads are firmly stuck in the sand.

World
    Newfoundland
    If a gem bought item is destroyed while there is an unexpected downtime does support compensate it? Yes im fishing for a BB answer i can flaunt in supports face who will undoubtedly answer that its my own fault that i was unable to login.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i want to say that BB Ravel is an forummoderator and only gives us information he gets from BB, so no need to be upset to him. He is only the person in the middle.

BB Ravel despite some miscommunications thanks for all your work

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLANDHOLLANDER View Post
    i want to say that BB Ravel is an forummoderator and only gives us information he gets from BB, so no need to be upset to him. He is only the person in the middle.
    Following 2 weeks of dire frustration due to extreme lag caused by the introduction of a temporary feature that was supposed to enhance game play, I went to log on this morning shortly after 9am BST with some degree of optimism.

Everything looked normal on the front page, with the Maintenance news item minimised as it had been completed. I type in my username and password and I am greeted by a 'general error' message. I try again.. general error. I close the browser and restart it... still an error. So I clear my cache, close the browser, restart it and try again.... still no luck. So I try the same process with a different browser... then I clear both caches again, restart my computer, and try again.... general error... I decide to go directly to the Uplay site itself and try logging on there.... there I am also greeted with an error and, most importantly, NOTHING to indicate there is any kind of maintenance going on. I try looking at the uplay.com support pages to find there is no way I can submit a ticket to that site without first being logged in and there is no FAQ I can find regarding login issues.

At this point, some 15-20 minutes after I first tried logging on, I reload the Settlers front page and the news item I quote at the top of the thread has suddenly appeared, I look at the clock and notice the time is 9:46am, some three quarters of an hour into what is strongly implied to be a routine and/or planned procedure.

To say that I was frustrated at this point would be something of an understatement but, by the time I am actually able to log on and post something about it here, several hours have passed and I have calmed down to the point I can (relatively) casually request advance warning of things like this in future.

However, to then have a duly appointed representative of BB post that we have every right to be upset and then completely fail to apologise... well might I ask who you think I should be upset with, ROLANDHOLLANDER?
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 07.10.14 at 20:31.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well articulated Ozzy

I think I am more upset with the numpty who assumes that because someone is a 'forummoderator' they must automatically be a 'he'...... What a sexist world we live in..... Especially when Ravel is actually the 'Community Team - Community Manager' and as such should be able to apologise on behalf of BB for what was obviously an internal breakdown of communications and possibly systems within the Uplay environment that impacted both the BB environment and its player community.

Reply to Thread