Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gens sent between addies return home instead of correct destination when loot claimed

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I understand where this is coming from: Technically, all units still on the adventure map's star menu automatically get returned to their owner's star menu with a delay of X (15, 30, 90 minutes) depending on the unit type once the adventure ends.
    A "travelling general" that is just dismantling their garrison is technically still on the adventure map and therefore affected by the logic.

Easy solution: DO NOT end the adventure before all generals disappeared out of the adventure's star menu.

BB could implement this kind of logic as well: Adventures don't end if there are generals which still have instructions. But I doubt you'd want that fix, because it would force you to wait for all generals to return to their garrison before you could end, adding a good 5 minutes to Fairytale adventures and breaking the current RBN strategy.

The more complicated solution would be to calculate the remaining dismantling time, then add that to travel time, then send all generals in the process of dismantling to their target, then end the adventure.
    With Aspect-Oriented Programming, that would be a small issue. However, given what I've seen from BB so far, they do not seem to utilize AOP (it's a rather hard performance hitter as well) and to program this imperatively or into object modelling has high risks of producing side effects.
    Without blaming BB for sloppy coding or anything:
    Would you rather WAIT 1 minute for your generals to travel over before ending the adventure - or risk the entire adventure mechanism becoming broken for weeks, maybe months?

... just tell your lootspotters "Don't end. I will!"

World
    Newfoundland
    I am not sure if this is intended behaviour, but I have inserted the issue in our data base. I will let you know when there are any updates.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Yes, this is normal behaviour. When you click to finish an adventure, all generals still listed in star menu will be sent home.
    I can see this issue has become a bigger one now with that lovely Army display - troops on leaving generals are deducted instantly when garison is started taking down.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    I was doing an Island of the Pirates adventure. Then a guild mate invited me to a tomb raider, so to speed things up I sent my Major general and MMAs from pirates to TR - or so I thought.

When I clicked return home at the end of pirates, one MMA was en route to TR, that one's garrison had completely broken down at the time I clicked. The other MMA and MG however were still breaking down their garrisons. When I went to TR to check, they were not on their way anymore. A quick return home confirmed they were indeed destined for a 30min round trip to TO via my home island.

I don't send generals between adventures very often. Is this normal behaviour or is it a new bug?
    That is "problem". you must wait. you need to wait general leave zone. if they don't leave zone they return home

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I am not sure if this is intended behaviour, but I have inserted the issue in our data base. I will let you know when there are any updates.
    Not bug, is his mistake, he is not waited. general still was on island when they click return home and they return home because they still was is in same zone
    BB don't understand their own game

Reply to Thread