Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reduced search times were removed again

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

Reduced search times were removed again

Next time BB gets such a silly idea. Please don't. The programmers cannot handle things like that. Multiplying with 0.8 was too hard and took them 10 days to implement without breaking the game. We only got a couple of days of trouble but the people over at the French servers had that problem for 10 days. BB were even incompetent enough to introduce it on our server knowing full well that it was still bugged on the French server. So overall, it messed up our explorers and now an update messed them up again.

So for the love of God. STOP MESSING WITH THE GAME!

Can our community manager please tell the developers to stop putting broken code on the live servers? I thought it would be obvious but apparently not. It would also be nice if some of the higher ups would actually show that they even know what's going on. Complaining in the forums and via support feels like talking to a wall. Support can't do anything and they have no idea if whatever feedback they pass on even gets read. Considering the state of the French servers, it seems like the devs are completely oblivious to what is going on. Could we actually get some devs on the forums? It's not that uncommon among F2P games that actually care about their community.

It seems like BB has a way too large and complicated internal hierarchy. We are getting little or no information. The community managers get little or no information. The support gets little to no information. We had a maintenance today without any warning. Telling us an hour after the servers went down is roughly 25 hours too late.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    We only got a couple of days of trouble...
    Speak for yourself...
    Lag was so bad for me, at the beginning, that the game was barely playable and the 'hot fix' actually made things worse.

But I have to agree with one thing here:
    Next time BB gets such a silly idea. Please don't.

World
    Newfoundland
    very very very very very poor. sad.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Speak for yourself...
    Lag was so bad for me, at the beginning, that the game was barely playable and the 'hot fix' actually made things worse.

But I have to agree with one thing here:
    We were still better off than the French who had 10 days of broken explorers. I still wonder what was going through the head of the devs that looked at that mess and though, hey that's good enough, lets put that on more servers. Their excuse was that they thought it only was a visual bug, which was a lie since people had told them it was not. Still how stupid do you have to be to introduce a mechanic with a visual bug? Also, why did we not get a warning on the log in page? The French got one after a couple of hours but we only got one when they launched the fix.

I agree with the lag. It's been horrible the last couple of weeks. I just had a huge lag spike before writing this.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Next time BB gets such a silly idea. Please don't. The programmers cannot handle things like that. Multiplying with 0.8 was too hard and took them 10 days to implement without breaking the game. We only got a couple of days of trouble but the people over at the French servers had that problem for 10 days. BB were even incompetent enough to introduce it on our server knowing full well that it was still bugged on the French server. So overall, it messed up our explorers and now an update messed them up again.

Can our community manager please tell the developers to stop putting broken code on the live servers? I thought it would be obvious but apparently not. It would also be nice if some of the higher ups would actually show that they even know what's going on. Complaining in the forums and via support feels like talking to a wall. Support can't do anything and they have no idea if whatever feedback they pass on even gets read. Considering the state of the French servers, it seems like the devs are completely oblivious to what is going on. Could we actually get some devs on the forums? It's not that uncommon among F2P games that actually care about their community.

It seems like BB has a way too large and complicated internal hierarchy. We are getting little or no information. The community managers get little or no information. The support gets little to no information. We had a maintenance today without any warning. Telling us an hour after the servers went down is roughly 25 hours too late.
    I'm sorry but warning of the maintenance was available from Sunday night, well over 24 hours before it happened.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland

The reduced search times were not messed up AGAIN by the maintenance, it was deactivated as it was only supposed to run for 2 weeks.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I'm sorry but warning of the maintenance was available from Sunday night, well over 24 hours before it happened.
    CG, you'd missed this..
    Server upgrade - Uplay login issues [done]

Dear Settlers,

Ubisoft is performing a server upgrade today between 9.00 and 13.00 BST.

As a result, Uplay login may be unavailable during this interval.

We are aware of the situation and trying to restore full functionality as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

BB_Ravel
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    The reduced search times were not messed up AGAIN by the maintenance, it was deactivated as it was only supposed to run for 2 weeks.
    The ones we sent searching during maintenance were recalculated to base time (instead of to science reduced time).
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    really?, no problems with mine here, all functioning normally, all arrived in the morning at the expected times

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Where? There was nothing on the front page. That showed up after awhile. I refreshed several times and got no information why I was not allowed to log in. Are you thinking about the weekly maintenance? The one that's in the middle of the night and that happens on the same time every week? I'm referring to the fact that we were unable to log in between 9 and 14 today without warning.

Reply to Thread