Reply to Thread

Thread: wrong size in window

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

wrong size in window

My game is so small i cant read the chat or see what anything is doing, i can zoom in so i can see the buildings up close but the font size is still incredibly small. all the other windows in my browser will zoom to larger size except settlers. if i cant resolve this i cant play as trying to read 2 point text gives me a headache.

World
    Newfoundland
    Have you tried the Fullscreen button, under your avatar? (it is next to the logout button) or F11 has the same function on most browsers.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes makes the window open to full screen but font size stays at 1 or 2

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    What is the resolution of your screen. Mine is 3200 X 1800 and I would have the same problem that you describe apart from within Windows / Control / Panel / All Control Panel Items / Display I have set the scaling to 150%......

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    if i change the scaling it changes every tab that is open except the settlers which stay the same

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    When you change the scaling you have to relog into windows for it to impact everything - but it wont matter unless you are running a high resolution. What is your screen resolution? Also have you sent a support ticket?

World
    Sandycove
    Hello redtalut,

I might be better able to help you out if you provide some details on your computer and browser you use to play TSO.
    I could gamble that you are running a 64 bit windows 8.1 with the newly released 64 bit Chrome on a resolution of 3200 x 1800 in which case adding a few parameters when starting Chrome might help you out (see spoiler).
    (If you indeed have the problem in Chrome, you might want to try fishslice's solution again with another browser.)

Spoiler

The following is a copy paste from the androidcentral forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65
    Go to your Chrome shortcut's properties (right click Chrome icon, go to Properties). Then in the "Target:" field, enter the following after the closing quotation marks currently at the end of the text already in that field (chrome.exe"). Make sure there's a space right after the closing quotation, before you input the new text, which is as follows...

/high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1

Restart Chrome

NOTES: If Chrome is pinned to your Taskbar, unpin it before applying this fix, then open and confirm this fix took, then re-pin). If you allow Chrome to run on desktop in background (even w/o browser open), you also must Exit/Kill that on your desktop in order for this fix to take hold (or reboot your computer, if that is easier for you).
    Last edited by Fexno; 22.10.14 at 20:22.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes I have just upgraded my computer to the new windows 8.1, it is on the highest setting for resolution and the newest chrome, cant use firefox because it is to full of virus to get past my firewalls

Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Hello redtalut,

I might be better able to help you out if you provide some details on your computer and browser you use to play TSO.
    I could gamble that you are running a 64 bit windows 8.1 with the newly released 64 bit Chrome on a resolution of 3200 x 1800 in which case adding a few parameters when starting Chrome might help you out (see spoiler).
    (If you indeed have the problem in Chrome, you might want to try fishslice's solution again with another browser.)

Spoiler

The following is a copy paste from the androidcentral forum:

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    tried the spoiler and situation is the same
    wish i had never upgraded to new computer

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok There is a solution to this

On the game settings menu click on the options box below the avatar. Then click on the cog wheel Then go to the very bottom and you will
    find ui scaling Change from Default to dyslexic scaling and then you can increase to 200 percent and that should resolve the issue Worked for me Gpod luck with it

prnt.sc/mSk3jFsgnwI0
    Last edited by Rebloom; 15.10.23 at 14:15.

Reply to Thread