Reply to Thread

Thread: The biggest self contained Steel Sword production challenge

World
    Newfoundland

The biggest self contained Steel Sword production challenge

Hi All,

Sharing my latest goal in tso, that being, Having the largest self contained Steel Sword Production in Newfoundland. Ofc I know I'm not without challenge, and I would like to hear about all the other successful Steel Sword production chains that exist. So if your one of those ppl, do share it here.

Keep in mind this only goes out for the self contained productions, meaning, you make your own coal and iron ore. (that is part of the challenge in it self)

Bellow is where all the magic happens on my island, my goal is to turn all 14 of those Steel Smiths to level 5, yes its looking around 69000 granite at this stage, though that would inspire me to do adventures.

Soti

Last edited by Fexno; 23.10.14 at 12:58. Reason: Fixed Image ;)

World
    Newfoundland
    Dear AngelSoti - A lovely positive message - It could be interesting to have an overview of the complete production line with ratio's for the 70 levels of steel weaponsmith.

There was a private xml application which could give the complete overview in a second, but I lost track of that application. But a very good plan - I hope you will find friends willing to support your plan. Happy times.

Gamla
    Happy ? Sure I am. Enjoyable and relaxed. ==> Visit Guild FB41

World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Gamla,

Thank you for your nice words, I have finally got all 14 steel smiths level 5, and yes friends do help

Before the update (which adjusted the steel smith speed) , I was running 9 iron smelters, 8 steel smelters and 14 steel smelters all level 5. They all will be buffed in order for them to work.

After the update, the steel smiths run 6 min faster (if my memory serves me right) so I would now lack steel bars. I had an interesting solution to this problem. I had discovered if I find the 17th iron deposit with Lucky find skill, then put an artic mine on that (with 26k iron ore sitting in it), then buff it with a rainbow buff, I can use the artic mine to support two iron smelters and forth two more steel smelters which are level 5.

Providing my own iron is doable for all the iron smelters, the only challenge now is coal as it hit 74k per 12 hours. I currently have 17 level 5 coking plants, 11 recyclers upgrading to level 5, 6 coal mines (not sure what level to run those on yet) and one wood yard that can mass make coal. I know coal is cheep but i would like to see if I can produce all of what I need.

To get the most out of my steel smiths, I want to buff them with badges, that gives me a turn around of 8625 SS per 12h. Making enough badges does require a bit of marble, gold ore and hwp.

I have ten marble masons on their way to level 5 this week then next week level 6. 12 hard wood sawmills (need to be upgraded in the some what near future) and 8 tool makers level 4 and a few gold mines just for the gold ore. Effectively about everything aids my steel production one way or another (materials or buffs ect ...)

So hopefully I get a happy equilibrium happing with all the necessary resources needed to keep the steel swords coming.

Regards,
    Soti

World
    Sandycove
    wow - now thats some production - respect

World
    Newfoundland
    Ty Jollfog

MOD_Loki1
    nice pic....

World
    Newfoundland
    I made that picture back in October last year, could update that picture, after all it has changed a little.

World
    Newfoundland
    It really is quite impressive payback time must be huge with all the granite invested, but a good investment

World
    Newfoundland
    Tyvm, the steel buildings costed 100k granite alone, then you have the iron smelters and the coking plants and the recyclers, that's around 50k granite ish. then you have the marble masons and hwp sawmills, and you know more granite again, but I don't mind spending all that, its fun for me to do so

Reply to Thread