Reply to Thread

Thread: Skill Trees

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Skill Trees

Good evening!

Could someone please point me in the direction of a thread or guide which tells me about the skill trees for geologists/explorers?

I need to find some basic information (for instance, does the max number of books ever increase?) and can't seem to find it. (Using the search has turned up nothing suitable.)

Thanks so much for your time and help!

World
    Sandycove
    If you want to know more about the costs to create manuscripts,tomes and/or codex you can look at this thread

For a reference to geologist skills you can look at this thread

I don't think there is a reference to explorer skills on the forum, but you can look at this page

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    There is no set way to skill geologists or explorers but you have to be mindful of the ever increasing costs to produce the books, therefore a decent strategy on what you hope to achieve from them is advisable. Personally I skilled 3 geologists fully over time firstly prioritizing copper 3/3 in natural copper vein on the next tier 3/3 Quality copper mineshafts. Then you have to decide how few Tome's you wish to use in the next tier, personally I wanted as few as possible so I only put 3/3 Natural Marble vein and 3/3 Tendentious Geologist. To reach the Codex's I then had to start over filling the manuscript section until I could put 3/3 into Natural gold vein.

From there I definitely wanted Ore collector and most importantly Natural born digger I also put 2/3 in Quality Gold mineshafts, anything to achieve these was acceptable I filled the manuscript part and used fillers elsewhere. But as I said it's subjective and you might want different skills or to do the quests that demand you put the correct amount of books in each section. I wanted 401 Gold mines that could be mined fast and copper mines that could also be mined fast.

Explorers follow a similar strategy but you have to prioritize them by their classification Experienced explorer, Lucky explorer and Savage scouts. The first two the priority is to reach Travelling Erudite so how you get there is all fillers, I used any skill that shortens a search time ( this is because at Christmas / Easter they go on treasure searches to get presents or eggs). Savage scouts you configure however you want depending on your aim of either adventure searches or treasure searches. Again any books on reduced time are useful as is increased amount for events. Remember the more Savage scouts you have the harder it is to skill them. The adventure Return to Bandits nest can help you get glue and books to aid this process.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks so much!

Very helpful information here!

Do you happen to know if the overall maximum points for each geologist increases or is it always capped at 31?

Thanks again for your time and help!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    hard capped at 31

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you!

Reply to Thread