Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Separate channel for co-op adv

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Buzzaroo, global-29 is NOT a chit chat channel. It is to be used for adventures after requesting permission from a MOD and has to be shared by all players in a world. You had 0 active adventures at the time you posted so am having trouble figuring out why being sent away sounds unfair to you. Regardless, complaints about moderation should be sent to support, so please do that next time.

Back to the topic at hand, the suggestion to have a channel activating when players are in an adventure together has been suggested before and I think it's a wonderful idea. I will be happy to pass it on again.

Regarding a channel where people can search for others wanting to do a co-op, that seems a bit pointless as it would require players to actually spend their time there instead of global-1 (or other channels). Maybe I don't fully understand what you guys are requesting (and in this case, please feel free to further explain), but it appears to me that using the trade channel has worked well to this purpose so far.
    How can you say that i was not in an adv. ?? check the logs!! i was IN an adventure at that time. We told both mods that we were.
    So now explain to me, for my suggestion is genuine, when we are in an adv. doing attacks, are we supposed to be quiet and just let us be spoken to the way we were.

If you can see the logs then you also can see that 4 of us, including me , were actually playing .
    You know, from all people, mods, BB, i really thought that you were taken this seriously and actually looked in to this.
    We should've made the screenprints. Better check the vocal behavior of mods coming to tell us what we supposed to do.

We didn't do anything else then what we did for the last couple of days, and that's playing as many adventures in a row.
    No one had difficulties then, and all of a sudden we got spoken to, like we were not playing. while we already had our troops on the island and were attacking.

Sorry for my emotional reaction, if i did something wrong i can accept any consequense!
    But we're all adults and not a bunch of little kids who you can talk around with no evidence of us not playing, cos we were.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ravel, please, so your telling us to recuit for TR's in global 1 ?? it already full of chit chat, as its supposed to be

If channel 29 was abused by some people, why where they not removed instead of closing the whole thing down ?

Sounds to me like you didnt really want this channel open for TR players and at the first excuse you slammed the door shut.

Thanks.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I suggest Channel 2. Its a 'role play' channel and from the few times I got sick of G1 and G3 I ventured in there as its deathly quiet and therefore rather nice. I generally feel like I am putting my do not disturb sign up when I slip in there. Maybe we should all adventure using role play phrases......

My starter for ten would be.......
    The Kage Ninja (mma) slides on his death mask and jumps aboard a departing ship to find new adventures. For companionship he brings Jounin Ninja. His friend the Fat Quartermaster has responsibility for reinforcements.
    A period of time elapses, Kage whispers to his companions 'We have landed at the deathly island of Tombs. It has 4 spikes and a Tomb in the middle. We must work with our Ninja friends from the other villages to take each of the 4 spikes and only then can I as Kage ransack the Tomb and steal its contents. We must work as a team to secure the island and only when the Tomb has been raided and its contents are in my possession can we return home'.......
    Let us confirm our friends have arrived.......
    'insert suitable ongoing retorts here.....'

Only kidding, please stay away as I like the echo in G2.

Oh and a big +1 to the ability for an adventure to contain its own chat window for players in an adventure.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Buzzaroo, global-29 is NOT a chit chat channel. It is to be used for adventures after requesting permission from a MOD and has to be shared by all players in a world. You had 0 active adventures at the time you posted so am having trouble figuring out why being sent away sounds unfair to you. Regardless, complaints about moderation should be sent to support, so please do that next time.

Back to the topic at hand, the suggestion to have a channel activating when players are in an adventure together has been suggested before and I think it's a wonderful idea. I will be happy to pass it on again.

Regarding a channel where people can search for others wanting to do a co-op, that seems a bit pointless as it would require players to actually spend their time there instead of global-1 (or other channels). Maybe I don't fully understand what you guys are requesting (and in this case, please feel free to further explain), but it appears to me that using the trade channel has worked well to this purpose so far.
    Ravel,
    We're getting mixed messages here. On the one hand, co-op adventures were seemingly designed in order to increase player collaboration (since existing 2-3 player adventures aren't in practice ever done collaboratively). Collaboration doesn't happen in silence or in a vacuum. Certain of these co-ops (tomb raiders, in particular) have become core parts of the game play of several dozen players at least on this server, and a casual part of game play for hundreds. For the active players, rarely is there a moment when they are not in a co-op, since they transfer gens between active co-op adventures; for this to work requires there to be four or more of the same adventure active at the same time. As such, it's not like other adventuring modes where there's more than an hour of downtime - if you're doing tomb raiders for a day, you'll always be in one.

This is why the "channel activation" suggestion of yours gets especially messy - if rosee, Buzzaroo, StellarWind, MysticLioness, Pityaker, etc and myself are all trying to keep co-op adventures active, there's not a need for 5 short-term activated channels, but rather one channel, and existing channels are not conducive to this kind of collaboration. Trade channel is not especially effective for recruitment; it can happen, and we've tried to make it work, but since we can only post once every five minutes, that can add considerable unnecessary time to the recruitment process. General-1 is typically a mess; nothing game-related happens there at all in my experience, but there's a community that enjoys that channel for what it has to offer too.

So recruitment currently happens through a bunch of whispering between many pairs of players, which seems to be contrary to the co-operative spirit, no?

World
    Newfoundland
    Buzzaroo, as previously stated, you can report moderators if you believe you have been treated unfairly but please do so through a support ticket.
    I stand by my statement that the assigned channel should be used for adventures only and not general chit chat (there are other channels for that).

Pityaker, I didn't at any point say that recruiting in global-1 is an option. You can recruit in trade as it has been done so far.

To clear things up: The channel global-29 is always there. We can not open or close it. However, you need permission from a MOD or a BB to move there and discuss. In case someone else is using global-29 to do adventures, another channel can be assigned to you. The reason you need a MOD is because they have an overview of all the channels so they can help tell you which one if free. Please understand the only reason we do this is in order to accommodate everyone and this was done upon player request as no co-op channels have been introduced at this time. There are 30 channels (out of which most are assigned for different languages) so you guys need to share. We came up with this solution in order to help you with adventures, but this is due to our MODs, who have agreed to help and coordinate these activities.

If you guys really want a channel for adventure recruitment, I will discuss it with BB_Aguton (as the Game Master needs to decide this). But please understand this channel will have strict rules (similar to trade) and you will not be able to see global-1 and this channel at the same time (as only one global channel can be active at one time). Please let me know if this is the case and rules will be added in this regard.

P.S. Since it is only Newfoundland players that request this (and in low numbers), the trade channel will also be available for recruitment even if another channel is created.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 28.10.14 at 16:21.

World
    Newfoundland
    i'll leave it at this and thank you for making the effort to discuss it with BB_Aguton.
    That's all we've been asking for. i'm not going to report mods, i've said what i felt at that moment.
    It's not worth to keep a bad feeling about this.
    Last edited by Buzzaroo; 28.10.14 at 16:39. Reason: answer 's been given while i was writing this. i'm not here just to make complaints. i stood up for myself and my friends.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea, if it's used responsibly I'd much rather do that than suffer the trade tab.
    As somebody who does not charge for lootspots, nor pay for them, I think there is a genuine case for a channel where players can recruit and enjoy sharing advs in the true spirit of the game, ie. not for profit adventuring.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nothing changed unfortunatelly, the channel is useless. Not only you still have to talk in private with people for a new tr. Now, to replace one player from the previous team you have to have an extra chat, with a moderator too , to allow. So instead of being easier, now you have one more step to do.

Why it's not enough to mention in the channel the new players? I really don't get it.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzaroo View Post
    Hi i like to suggest a separate English channel for co-op adventures.
    As for now ppl to join must be asked in trade, which is annoying for traders cos the channel gets spammed by questions and confirmations.
    Also when 4 players agree to start a co-op adv. according to the rules they need to move to global-1.
    Where the normal chit chat is going on.

Not that of a problem, but.... in a separate channel, other players who want to play also and need to wait till a players is freed from a current game, can inform, ask or wait with the same type of players.

So global-1 can be for the normal chit chat, newbe's etc.

I'm convinced that a lot of players appreciate some sort of channel, and also the chatters in global-1 and trade-tab, will not get spammed by them.

So on behalf of a lot of co-op players, i would like to ask BB_Ravel to please consider this.
    I would greatly appreciate that they don't mess anymore with existing chat, its crashing as it is and implementing new channel could and probably would give us a game with no chat at all....

Former Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello in here!

I understand that the demand for this separate channel was high because of the Halloween Event, but granting another channel for co-op adventures would imply having mods check that channel in addition to all those they are already watching. Be assured that we take these requests into account and that should there be a high demand, we might set it up for a next event.

Reply to Thread