Reply to Thread

Thread: rtf ... but when?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

rtf ... but when?

Having recently dared experiment with the high-level adventures such as The Black Knights, and realised that if you can invite another player you lose if you don't! I am trying to get my head around the etiquette of selling or swapping the loot spots.

When I go to the trade tab I see grillions of nonsensical cries such as "wtswap 2 BK LS 4 1 rtf & 1 in 30 mins" I know what that gobbledygook means, but am confused about precisely when people say a loot spot is "rtf".

For example when they have done everything except kill the "boss" camp, if at that point they invite others who respond immediately, in a perfect world it's 15 minutes travelling time for a fast general, plus quite a bit extra faffing, before the invitee's army arrives. Therefore that waiting time is wasted: for example in The Black Knights 15 minutes is enough to eliminate most of the hard camps East of the centre. So I imagine that loads of people say they are "rtf" much earlier than when they have destroyed all camps except the final black tower.

You oldies in the game tend to take things like this for granted, because you know - but I don't!

So when is an adventure really, safely, "rtf" - e.g. can be advertised as such on the trade channel?

As a final question: would it be possible for the guide writers to add their suggested "rtf" point?
    Last edited by VVidi; 27.10.14 at 16:09.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    perhaps 6 months ago "rtf" might have meant "ready to finish in 15 minutes", but now people can use nukes it generally means "ready to finish RIGHT NOW", ie "only one more attack left to go".

If you want to advertise your ls as "rtf in 15 minutes", go ahead, but it's up to you to work out how long it will take you. I don't see why or even how anyone else can guess your schedule.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for your reply

Please tell me what happens to the 15 minutes travelling time plus faffing that any invitee requires before they can contribute?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    What Gerontius was saying is that some people (Level 50's with access to weapon buffs from the epic part of the shop) can buy a ls, visit the adv, and use an instant nuke to secure a kill and therefore expect you to know instantly complete what you advertised as being a ready to finish adventure.

In the above scenario there is no 15 minutes of troop travel required.

And before you ask if many do this - yes they do, especially in some Fairy tale adventures where you may have a 15 minute travel and a 20 minute walk across the map to do a kill before the starting player can finish. Therefore some high level players offer to swap these buffs to get an instant complete.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I've always sold when everything except the boss is dead, the only exception being if I know the ls only has a slow general then I'l whisper them to see if they want a ls as soon as I start the last 4 camps.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Ah - thank you The information I was missing was that the "instant kill" didn't require any general to be present.

But it still means that unless all ls buyers decide to use a buff you'll have to wait over 15 minutes from when you sell the ls to actually finishing. Therefore logically I would expect lots of "rtf in 15 mins, fast gen only" but that is rare!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Given the halloween event and BK dropping tons of pumps i focused mainly on this specific adventure. Many times I have someone in my guild taking a spot so I have only to swap the second on trade. In this case I will advertise my second as RTF shortly after i downed middle Dark Castle or around that time. With the 2 MMA that I have, I can easily kill off the remaining 3 camps leading to the top Dark Castle and have time to spare (waste) before lootspotter arrive.

There are cases when I also do the ad on trade where I want to swap both slots. I will advertise roughly at the same time as the previous case (or even earlier) and will swap 1 slot with a RTF player (meaning he can finish in ~15minutes) and another that just started his BK or is in the middle of it so needs more time to get his to being RTF while I join my first swap. They both need to be ready to join mine though...

The second case tends to go well on trade but many times NOT... you have people going afk, messing a block or what have you, in which case I gotta improvise. If the first swap takes longer than the usual 15 minutes I can use a quick kill in second swap or I'll even offer to send one of my own MMA gen to help him finish in case he is stuck...

My above applies to BK only Hope it helps!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Every bit of information is helpful, there should be a stickied guide for ls etiquette like this but failing that your answers are wonderful thank you

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you SmurfAsh I read that and it didn't seem to be up-to-date as the last post was last April and the game has changed quite a bit since then

Reply to Thread