Reply to Thread

Thread: BB Rules

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle

BB Rules

At the moment it is quite feasible some of us are breaking rules we do not even know exist.

If you look at the Rules threads the 'main' post you will see some are quite old. Now it may be that you avidly read these rules back then and because there is no update at a later date you could assume that the rules have not been changed/added to. Well you would be WRONG its the very small edit date at the bottom that is the only way of knowing that somehow a change has occurred but you do not know what.

I would like to see in each thread under the main post a new post for each edit giving the reason for that edit.

edit 28/9/14 A new rule added ...........................

edit 14/10/14 A change in wording as follows.....................

With the current system it may be that a player unwittingly breaks a rule - so could receive a warning and possible ban.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    every time Apple or Microsoft change the terms and conditions that I've agreed to then I have to re-agree.

We are constantly told "the rules you agreed to when you joined", but as Mortallicus points out, these are constantly being rewritten. Obviously getting completely new contracts each time there's a slight change is impractical, but since a transgression of the rules can cost you a day's gameplay (sometimes with no warning) It would be helpful if we were at least pointed toward the forum to read the new rule. An in game email or note on the homepage to say "Chat rules on posting screenshots have changed please see here..." (for example) would at least bring it to all player's attention.

I recently had cause to recheck the chat rules and noted many amendments and additions.
    HOTFIX!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    At the bottom of this screen is a link that says 'Terms of Service'. When you signed up to the game you agreed to the terms specified (as well as the rules specified on the forum) which includes Section 17 repeated below.

The section of importance is bolded as this places responsibility away from BB and Ubi and firmly in our hands to review them regularly. We may not like this approach but it is fairly common practice to do this - irrespective of what you think Apple and may Microsoft do - and even they dont do it consistently.

Of course - the question, 'Is the below fair?' is likely to be met with a resounding no as it places responsibility on the consumer to check on a regular basis and to check everything. Also, 'Would the term specified stand up in court or be rejected as unfair, unfit or improper?' possibly but I am not a lawyer so couldn't really say.

Oh and also bear in mind that the rules on the forum are open to interpretation by MODS and BB alike who both police them differently. If we really wanted to get consistent it would be nice for BB to educate the MODs who are meant to police the rules so that they at least apply them in a consistent fashion.

17 UPDATING OF SERVICES AND TERMS

17.1 Modification of Terms

We may revise these Terms at any time for security, legal, best practice or regulatory reasons.
    We will not use this right to make substantial changes to the Terms to your detriment without giving you a chance to agree.
    We will inform you of any revision of these Terms by posting, on the website of the relevant Service, a notification of the revision. Any revision will come into force five (5) days after the posting of the notification. If you do not agree to the changes made to these Terms, you may terminate your Account as set out in Article 14.
    You are expected to check for revisions to the Terms regularly as they are binding on you. Any use of the Services subsequent to revised Terms coming into force implies acceptance of the revised Terms.
    Last edited by fishslice; 01.11.14 at 00:12.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    We will inform you of any revision of these Terms by posting, on the website of the relevant Service, a notification of the revision. [/B]
    there you go
    HOTFIX!

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I am sure some players do not check the 'Rules' but my point is that players are very likely to look at the thread and there is absolutely no way they can tell a revision has been made and what.

My suggestion would rectify that and then the onus on the player to keep up-to-date is more acceptable.

We will not use this right to make substantial changes to the Terms to your detriment without giving you a chance to agree.

We have no way of knowing when any such change has occurred. Surely we should have a chance to decide if something is to our 'detriment' and everyone's interpretation of this word could be different.

We will inform you of any revision of these Terms by posting, on the website of the relevant Service, a notification of the revision. Any revision will come into force five (5) days after the posting of the notification

Currently I do not believe they are notifying us. My suggestion is that they do inform us clearly on the same thread as the 'Rules' .

Finally, this is a paperless exercise so no expense incurred, only moments of extra time is required and would be a 'proper' notification.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Reply to Thread