Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    It is getting boring with all these "I will quit" statesments, after any change to the game is declared.
    Of course wife or girlfriend does not care about your frustration over a game, but the deep dark secret is, neither does BB.

Complaints are from players that has been on here for 2-3 years. Feeling secure and has settle with a good portion of hubris and know it all.
    We all got a huge pile of gems from the gem-pits, so we do not use real cash anymore - new players does, so who are BB's target?

The same pile of gems are the reason why none of you quit anyway. ;-)

If you are a true The Settlers fan and take all that BB gives us:
    - WC 2014. Worst event ever. Will be hard to beat, but expect it to happen.
    - Xmas event 2013. Best event ever.
    - Fairy Tale adventures. Awesome out-of-the-blue surprise with depth. (Minus a sleeping beauty for 100 years - the FT Castle)
    - Random global and random individual bugs. You never know what hits - and when it hits.

And if you are a true fan, you will always adapt with the changes.

Once we had something much more awesome than some random loot - the WPP's - they were much too good to be true, and we all found it was okay they were replaced with Assasins. Adapt.

Only the Fairy Tale adventures will be altered, and it is very logical, as it was never meant for us to knock the toughest ones down in 2-3 hours. Now focus on adapting those changes and be cheerful that the loot will not take a trip around the star anymore.

Stop screaming in fear over PvP. It's not real PvP (you can totally ignore it, if you go for that option, without being punished) - and we'll all like that, as that was what made us fled other games. The ones that wanted real PvP are long gone. To a game that demands your account being operated 24/7.
    i've been here 3 months and i strongly disagree with the changes, so stop assuming anything. i've actually played on the test server, thats why i think they are terrible. sure change is welcome but not this rubbish..... and yes i'm 50 with 200k damas 100k cannons in store #nevergonamakecannons.

Please do not use inappropriate language on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 15.11.14 at 15:42.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I support all the constructive comments on here. I too play the test server but it is purely that TEST. I am reserving judgement until it appears and i play it here. There maybe things i will not like but it will likely be balanced with things I do.

I see no point in ranting, raving before you know all the facts and have given it a try. Playing on Test as I do too is NOT knowing all the facts. The game was a lot harder when i started yet in April 2012 in the developers diary feedback http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ary-April-2012 see how constructive most of the players were. The game has become more interesting, and easier and unwittingly has produced some spoilt, bad tempered players who stamp on the good nature of others as soon as they dare to state their own view.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I confess I am eager for these changes. This because I am trying to get the courage of dumping this game for some weeks now (doing the same adventures over and over and rebuilding farms, wells, mines, etc. over and over is soooooooo boring) and this may be the perfect excuse.

It will be hard to throw away 1 year on hard «work», but I now seldom adventure anymore and only log to get the 100 gems and do some guild quest. I have been lingering hoping for a good pvp (completely optional, of course), but BB version of pvp is to conquer an island (ie, play another adventure), leave some troops behind to defend and then get an email saying «you have been defeated» or «you have defended sucessfully». Wow!

One question: that video of BB team playing pvp... They seem so enthusiastic, having so much fun. I wonder what game are they playing, I want to play it too!

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystress View Post
    I confess I am eager for these changes. This because I am trying to get the courage of dumping this game for some weeks now (doing the same adventures over and over and rebuilding farms, wells, mines, etc. over and over is soooooooo boring) and this may be the perfect excuse.

It will be hard to throw away 1 year on hard «work», but I now seldom adventure anymore and only log to get the 100 gems and do some guild quest. I have been lingering hoping for a good pvp (completely optional, of course), but BB version of pvp is to conquer an island (ie, play another adventure), leave some troops behind to defend and then get an email saying «you have been defeated» or «you have defended sucessfully». Wow!

One question: that video of BB team playing pvp... They seem so enthusiastic, having so much fun. I wonder what game are they playing, I want to play it too!
    I think some aspects of the game are boring especially if you can spare the time to be here rather too long (in my case). But I still find enough interesting to do, I still have room on my island. The game is far from perfect but as you say its not so bad that it should be 'just dumped' and I am sure it will not be in the future. If you need to find an excuse to stop playing I think it cannot be that bad.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    settlers ll
    a game played in an open world, endless space endless building
    clearing the land, multiples of trades and industry, i want apples.
    guilds club together for fighting, defence, and trade, getting discount for trade within
    building defensive walls against other guilds, with trebuchet, battering rams
    a game of building our empire within an empire

in time the perfect game will come

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't know what to say, Mortallicus. All I know is that some 6/9 months ago, the first thing I'd do when waking up was to turn the PC on and set trades, rebuild mines, etc. It was a great pleasure. Now it is a chore and I don't bother anymore. The game seems same as when I started, Halloween 2013: no new adventures, no level 60, nothing relevant, except MMA. Just my opinion, of course...

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    It is getting boring with all these "I will quit" statesments, after any change to the game is declared.
    Of course wife or girlfriend does not care about your frustration over a game, but the deep dark secret is, neither does BB.

Complaints are from players that has been on here for 2-3 years. Feeling secure and has settle with a good portion of hubris and know it all.
    We all got a huge pile of gems from the gem-pits, so we do not use real cash anymore - new players does, so who are BB's target?

The same pile of gems are the reason why none of you quit anyway. ;-)

If you are a true The Settlers fan and take all that BB gives us:
    - WC 2014. Worst event ever. Will be hard to beat, but expect it to happen.
    - Xmas event 2013. Best event ever.
    - Fairy Tale adventures. Awesome out-of-the-blue surprise with depth. (Minus a sleeping beauty for 100 years - the FT Castle)
    - Random global and random individual bugs. You never know what hits - and when it hits.

And if you are a true fan, you will always adapt with the changes.

Once we had something much more awesome than some random loot - the WPP's - they were much too good to be true, and we all found it was okay they were replaced with Assasins. Adapt.

Only the Fairy Tale adventures will be altered, and it is very logical, as it was never meant for us to knock the toughest ones down in 2-3 hours. Now focus on adapting those changes and be cheerful that the loot will not take a trip around the star anymore.

Stop screaming in fear over PvP. It's not real PvP (you can totally ignore it, if you go for that option, without being punished) - and we'll all like that, as that was what made us fled other games. The ones that wanted real PvP are long gone. To a game that demands your account being operated 24/7.
    a mite bit presumptive of you

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Everytime there is something new, there is always this talk of quitting, normally by the same people too. Funny thing is I bet 90% of you will still be here moaning at the next event. At least the game constantly evolves, if you don't like it perhaps this time you will leave so we don't have to suffer the same diatribe again and again.

World
    Sandycove
    What are you guys thinking ?
    I mean c'mon, the News Letter when you load your isle is now a month old, saying Halloween event has just been deployed, ONE MONTH OLD !
    BB is in fact even negligible to adjusting things like that, what do you expect when hordes and hordes of bugs come in with some new content, ha ?
    I won't even try to comment on the chat issues that are here for years... LOL
    Support is that great that it took them 8 months with the problem i had to not do anything, also shamefull if you want to sell stuff.

FIX old things first before you bring something new to life, it's a policy we all do at our workplaces, why not BB? Maybe because this is just a simple rip off idea to get folks buy more gems ? Well, it won't happen, you'll just gonna lose the old folks that supported you over those years of "developing"

Best of luck with the "New" content, only affraid our friends/guilds lists will get thinner and thinner...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyDvisionOvnGlv View Post
    Everytime there is something new, there is always this talk of quitting, normally by the same people too. Funny thing is I bet 90% of you will still be here moaning at the next event. At least the game constantly evolves, if you don't like it perhaps this time you will leave so we don't have to suffer the same diatribe again and again.
    I see your start date... have you actually been on test and given constructive feedback only to have it blatantly ignored time and time again? Well I have, and gave up giving feedback, cos it ends up going live bugs and all regardless.

Id love to pop into the future and see if you are still here in 2 years time with the same opinions. Im here cos I love the game, have spent a lot of money on it and love the people I interact with on a daily basis in my guild. But its obvious that BB are increasingly intent on ignoring player base feedback whether they ask for it or not!

Reply to Thread