Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Strasilo22 View Post
    U can keep PvP if u like it so much but 7 day for colony is just silly.Someone need to spend 2X more troops to get colony from me just to have her 6 or less days?
    U have to come to ur senses and do something practical and smart like permanent posession of colony with possabilty of losing her to other player and curent owner must have cahnce to repair what is lost during attack or it can be repaired automaticaly after attack or once per 24 hours.
    Ty
    this! -bad spelling
    not sure if it is possible to abandon colony atm. if not such option should be added
    Last edited by topgearfan; 10.12.14 at 19:53.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    PVP(E) isn't that bad but we have few big problem

1. usually players don't have iron/steel chains
    2. random camps (what is actually very good)
    3. 90% players don't know play without guide

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Someone on talk just had a brilliant idea for Colonies: remove PvP from it

Sounds stupid? Let me explain.

The (so-called) PvP aspect of colonies is essentially a dead duck. Poorly implemented and adds no additional fun to the colony system. Also, it means you can lose a colony long before you've gained any sensible amount of resources from it.

Remove PvP and you have the option of conquering up to 6 different colonies AND HOLDING THEM PERMANENTLY.

Under such a system, the slow trickle of resources from those colonies would build up over the long term into something worthwhile - the quantity of resources could even conceivably be reduced from their current level to promote this long-term investment way of thinking.

The target for colonies therefore would be to slowly recoup losses and then build up your strength and target better and stronger colonies over time with increasing resource accumulation.

Seriously, dump the PvP and colonies would actually be a worthwhile long term investment for people. Do it, BB. Do it now!

EDIT: Additional thought - to make colonies a real long-term challenge, more powerful troops could be made available only with valour points. Then make it so valour points (and medium resources such as iron) are accumulated slowly from holding low-level colonies. And make high level colonies accessible/defeatable only if you have those more powerful troops, but they come with greater rewards - eg access to granite/beans/gold producing colonies etc

Removing PvP suddenly makes SO MUCH sense. Has nobody thought of this before?
    Like VERY VERY much!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    PVP has totally ruined my set up...after two pvp battles in which i lost around a thousand troops my population count is all wrong and my population has dropped by almost three thousand - the number of troops I purportedly have is bigger than my population...If I build more troops are they suddenly going to vanish?? Meanwhile Im getting messages saying I succesfully colonised an island (I haven't )and quest have completed prematurely. Likewise Im being told to jump on to other quests related to pvp which i can't do because while the system seems to think I have conquered an island I havent. Im getting rewards and resources for tasks I haven't completed. Planning my game has been totally ruined by participating. We asked for colonisation , ship building..no instead some half brained battle scheme whose rewards dont make participation worth while. The game is called settlers...once an island is colonised and you have no room you need to build ships , explore and expand to new islands and 'settle' thats what I expect from the game.

An error at Anno which was never rectified ruined that game for me and I packed it in ( no refunds of monies spent on the game mind) and it seems the same has now happened here.
    Last edited by MaelstromJ; 13.12.14 at 15:19.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Despite not doing any expeditions in a week, every few days I get an email telling me I've either successfully defended or lost a colony, or succeeded or failed in taking someone else's colony.

I then receive an email with 43 valour points and 5 star coins.

Was this the plan all along? Is it the Christmas gift that keeps on giving?

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I would like to report two game bugs.
    First one is: that after expiring of colony use time, it becomes gray in colony tab and still stay there. No resource come from colony, but space in tab is occupied.
    Second one is: that I have 2 colonies producing titanium ore, but in my achievements titanium ore resource received from colony remains the same - 0 (No increase), in spite of fact that I had received titanium from colonies more that 5 times till now.

Last edited by Jack_NoName; 15.12.14 at 13:45.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The first is not a bug, the colony is still yours only the producing time of 7 days is up, you still get defense vp and when some one succeeds in conquering it you also get loot mail.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I decided to start on a new server to test out the Christmas event as a beginner and noticed another bug/display issue with Colonies.

The colony buildings require you to be at level 30, yet are located on the 2nd page of the build menu. This puts them totally and unnecessarily out of sequence.

It would be far more sensible to have them at the end of the 3rd page where there's room for them and where they would fit perfectly in with the existing sequence. No idea why this wasn't done.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    What a waste of time and troops this pvp is who's stupid idea was it to have pvp that you can't send more than a limited number of troops particularly as they are never strong enough to beat more than 3 camps.

World
    Newfoundland
    Well, I fianally give in and do my first PVP/colony mini very resource expensive adventure.
    Which is all it was, a mini adventure that has been made expensive.
    Well done BB.
    I get more PVP with a lazerpointer and my mad cat.

Reply to Thread