Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    i would at least have a option to remove new quest that WILL pop up for the new (laughing) pvp system. really no intrest to have it pop up on my face every time i open quest windows couse its gonna stay there forever
    thats all i wanna say

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Not into PVP. I hope it will make some happy though, however I dislike the changes it is causing to our adventures and to weapon rewards from these. I also agree with Finbit above about wanting to be able to disable pvp quests and not being stuck with them in my quest book.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post

On the 26th November (not brave enough for first day ) I am going to start again on another server. I know i will have the advantage of knowledge of the game but i should get some feel of how difficult it really is for a new player and what new quests BB have thrown at them and changes to the tutorial. That will mean I will know how to help new players here too. I would say if this brings the game back to how difficult it was in the early days then that in my opinion will be a huge improvement to the game and will bring new life. Whatever is brought in on the 25th is not written in blood. That is the time to shout and loud and i do not doubt that any reasonable request will be considered by BB.
    I've thought about this a bit since seeing the post but I think starting on the 26th November is an unrealistic time to start, firstly weapons will still be in abundance of the types you'll need but more importantly it's too close to Christmas which will give you too much of a leg-up so to speak. I might also try something similar later on but to give it the right sort of feel I was thinking the day after the Easter event finishes. This might give it a sense of realism and counter somewhat the knowledge already gained.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I've thought about this a bit since seeing the post but I think starting on the 26th November is an unrealistic time to start, firstly weapons will still be in abundance of the types you'll need but more importantly it's too close to Christmas which will give you too much of a leg-up so to speak. I might also try something similar later on but to give it the right sort of feel I was thinking the day after the Easter event finishes. This might give it a sense of realism and counter somewhat the knowledge already gained.
    Hi i mentioned that i was doing this but my intention was to obtain information as quickly as possible to help my guild members. I had no deeper thought than that. It may well not be the perfect time but any positive help at all I derive from it is enough. I also only said it on here to combat some of the totally negative comments. We all do what we think is best and may be you are right but by the time you do it others could well have pipped you to the post. I am sure you will gain more comprehensive info but by the time you do we will have achieved the same, I am sure, if not earlier. We are not going to gain information then stagnate

I would also mention that this I have done before when i reached level 50. I started from fresh on the American Server. It helped enormously and my character there I have left at level 41. My intention is to also look at how these changes affects that level.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 24.11.14 at 09:26.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I am doing the same, come and join us on Sandycove for the heck of it.
    I am on Sandycove mate !

...and will cry out loud along with you
    Last edited by Urgh123; 24.11.14 at 01:18.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Actually it would be fun trying a fresh start on a fresh world. So BB, give it a go and open a 4th world here for us to start afresh. That would be a killer really.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Blue Byte,

Elusory (dishonest) change logs will not inspire gem purchases.

Be clear about what you intend to change and how it is likely to affect players in early, mid and late game. This is not hard. This is required to build long term interest and loyalty with your community. You know why you do the things you do. What is the reason you do not share this knowledge?

I suggest you maintain an evolving "in the pipeline" thread here on the forum so that your player base is clear on what new content is coming, in what order and in what expected timeline.

I suggest you broaden your game dev horizons instead of not doing so. fx: read 'Kobold Guides to Game Design' by Richard Garfield, Steve Jackson and others who's names you might recognize.

You have lived long and prospered on the back of the Settlers franchise. Is that all you're about now? Sitting back and phoning it in while the brand recognition feeds you for a few more years? I'm asking because I dont know. I dont know because you tell us nothing.

Get serious.

World
    Sandycove
    You couldn't have said it better Mr.Yen

In addition, new changes will affect "something"... as said by Dev Diary i quote here:
    "Adventure Searches
    The Adventure searches were adjusted.
    Possibilities were changed and some adventures added / removed."

Question:
    does that mean we will no longer receive our daily supplies of Sons of the Veld adventure ?

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    PVP is worthless
    I want pvp, but real pvp
    In this PVP you can't attack other player.

bb never allow us to test new loot tables. they only want test pvp, FT adventure and new loot table nothing..
    remove weapons from loot is good, because finally we will use cannon forge, damascene weaponsmith....

new loot tables is ok, but still we have worthless adventures. That is problem, we never was able properly to test all adventures. bb don't listen us.

Few player only played FT adventures on test server. we must play and give feedback about adventure, but we was without simulator. Of course balance is bad now

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am sorry i didnt start playing settlers for PVP. If i wanted that i would have found a better game. To be honest it looks like my journey playing the game is coming to an end. You read what long term players say for improvements to the game, and find the BB and the game developers just do their own thing. Usually to detriment to the game. Mryen is right in what he had to say "You have lived long and prospered on the back of the Settlers franchise. Is that all you're about now? Sitting back and phoning it in while the brand recognition feeds you for a few more years?"

Reply to Thread