Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lets Pray for the game for what it was used to be before. Amin
    RIP
    Last edited by IndianKid; 14.11.14 at 22:08.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    U didnt even lissen to us BB...Ubisoft just became EA...GOOD JOB!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by whiter View Post
    "Adventure Loot Adjustment: The loot will be changed completely. Instead of weapons, raw materials for producing weapons will be included and the loot will be adjusted to the losses of the particular adventure."

Does this mean that lootspots will no longer exist, but that each player will only get a bit of loot relative to the amount of kills they made? Just like XP???
    Ls loot remains the same as the person who did the bulk of the adventure, what the overall statement means that for example BK can still be done with only moderate losses ( recruits) therefore the loot isn't very good and overall has decreased. Something like a FT the losses have increased and I believe is slightly better than before.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    well bb you really mucked up here, after playing the new pvp on the test it was poor to say the best. and as for the changes to our normal game, not well thought out at all, ill wait and see, but i cant see much good in it and see myself leaving the game. in the meantime i will not be buying a single gem to support your poor efforts maybe then you might listen to us, the ones that support you!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am saddened and disappointed seeing these changes to the game - BB if you really wanted these changes - regardless of what has been posted in the past - why couldn't you wait until the New Year? Why change everything before the Christmas event? and why make changes to the regular game if pvp is optional?

as far as loot on the adventures - truly a disappointment - there looks to be no incentive to do adventures from what I see - the loot received doesn't seem to come close to covering the resources that will be needed to replace troops lost doing an adventure or for that matter defray cost of additional buildings needed to produce the swords etc needed to play an adventure

Where are the islands for us to expand to - in order to produce the additional weapon smiths and other items that will be needed to make up for the lose in swords and perks gained in adventure loot. there is only so much room on an island and I cannot and will not demolish level 5 or 6 buildings so I can accommodate additional buildings. Its not a matter of moving buildings - its a matter of having the space

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    i understand islands would be nice, but its a pretty weak argument. just destroy 2 manors? you can live with 280 pop less. and build them back when you inevitably find out that the "pvp" system is TERRIBLE. i almost captured 1 on test (boss kicked my ass), wont be building any of the new buildings even with space!
    Last edited by Narcil; 14.11.14 at 22:55.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The only hard currency (or resource) in this game is time. I decide how much time I spend on the game. This time is not something that can be taken from me, and no matter what happens with the game and in the game that time is all mine.

During that time stuff happens in the game. Currently some stuff happens, and after November 25 some other stuff will happen. The difference is cosmetic, because in both cases (before and after the update) I gain the same amount of RL value: absolutely nothing.

So, we will gather in-game resources slower and lose them faster after the update. Why is that so horrible? You can't sell them for RL money, so they don't have actual hard value. We will need more time to reach the same apparent goal (level-up, or some achievement, or gather some resource), but that would only matter if you plan to stop playing after you reach that goal. If you don't have such plans then spending more time should not matter.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    The loot will be changed completely. Instead of weapons, raw materials for producing weapons will be included and the loot will be adjusted to the losses of the particular adventure.

And, as already posted, they'll be a great incentive for a great number of us to quit the game. Granite is surely less useful than copper ore refill... oh wait.

Epic Raid unit Rebalancing

why?

Some of the units used in the Epic Raid adventures were rebalanced.

I'm sorry, but that's useless information. What was the imbalance that needed balancing in the first place? Which units?

Hitpoints and Attack damage were changed, some units can deal out Splash Damage.

Again, why? Such information doesn't help me at all in deducing if it will be easier or harder to do the adventure.

Also, the amount of XP for defeated units was adjusted in some cases.

Reduced? Increased? Why are you so lacking in objectivity in what appears to be a game-changing patch?

Unit production times
    Production times for Elite Soldier, Crossbow Man, Cannoneer and Cavalry were decreased.

Understandable, as weapons will no longer drop. However, with what seems a massive granite / exo wood nerf, has the cost for making the buildings been reduced as well? Or they remain at ridiculous costs, like 9k granite/exo planks/tools for the powderhut?

Resource adjustments
    Production times for Steel Sword, Titanium Sword, Canon, Gunpowder and Carriage were decreased. Furthermore, production costs for Titanium Sword and Canon were also decreased

See above. It will be a worthless change unless production costs for the buildings are drastically reduced as well.

Adventure Types and Icons
    Adventure types were adjusted and a feedback with concrete icons and colours
    for type and difficulty was added for each adventure.

Nice to have, but ultimately unnecessary.

Adventure Loot Button
    "Add to Star Menu" and "Add to storage" buttons were implemented for adventure loot mails as well.

Nothing bad about this.

Adventure Searches
    The Adventure searches were adjusted.
    Possibilities were changed and some adventures added / removed.

Adjusted to what? Which adventures were added / removed? You could just have said that "The adventure searches were changed." and the amount of info would be the same, and just as useless.

Adventure Shop prices
    The shop prices of adventures in the shop were adjusted.
    The selection in the shop was changed as well.

Meaning: you weren't making as much money as you thought you'd be and really think that people will start paying 695 gems for SA, for example. I'll never criticize anyone who wants to make more money than before, the problem is how you go about it. In fact, people will not buy it, they'll find other means to acquire xp, even if slower, if that means they won't have to spend a dime. Instead of making XP easier to acquire, through cheap buffs that may last one adventure only and available through gems you do the complete opposite! Furthermore, the only reason you have to get XP in this game is to build units/buildings. You may have just stopped the levelling at 48 rather than 50, as any additional level after 48 is quite useless really. Valor points? Meh, could start receiving them at 48, the last two levels are completely worthless.

Colonies & everything related to it

The whole thing is useless to me. You're the ones with the feedback info from players so, who knows, perhaps the vast majority of the player base really wants such a thing. I detest PvP in any and all games I've played so far, unless that's actually the whole reason you're playing it (live EvE online for example, where the PvP aspect of the game is very strong). Perhaps that's why you've nerfed the granite/exo wood drops: you think people will actually want to spend quite a bit of resources to get a pitiful amount of resources every 20h or so. Guess again: players will curse the fact that they cannot gain any or as much granite/exo wood as they could've in the past just by doing adventures and now have to babysit a truckload of "colonies" so that they'll produce a pitiful amount of the resources you need every day or so.

All in all I think you guys are shooting at your own feet. But hey, you're the ones with the info and made decisions based on that info. I'll be one of the (many) who'll be quitting the game, however, as a direct consequence of said decisions.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    Personally I rather like all the changes as proposed.
    The one principle misgiving is IotP for lowish level GQ players. While it was in shop for 150 map frags at least our guild got them done.

I do still have a few bean based items that I would like to acquire, not too scared of the extra work getting them though... perhaps best to blast through some before the change comes.

Last Point:
    Anyone on NorthIsle actually planning to leave... feel free to friend me and send anything you no longer need WitchTower and Frozzies most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Such smug comment can only come from few years player that has built entire island with those loots that are now being taken away. Probably has all the buildings necessery to produce weapons....sigh.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hmm no mention of expandable islands, so where are new buildings, all extra weaponsmiths and new generals going to go, not on my land that's for sure. Just saying....

Reply to Thread