Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 286

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

  1. #111
    Raving Rabbid Mortallicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    527
    World
    Northisle
    Lol , I have read back and seen i have stirred a few up. Apologies for not replying individually. I think my answer to CB says more than enough.

    but I will say I have personally never seen an explanation from BB of their expectations from the test server. Please could someone provide it.

    Until then, my interpretation is that ideas are being Tested. The mechanics of the game do have to be tested more thoroughly and I believe they are. This is why we didnt get the demolition of rocks. But the finer details , the figure work etc is not and neednt be finalised until it hits the main server. So the test is to sound us out on the basics not to get our formal agreement to add something new and on what terms. Often changes are made after something has gone live and sometimes in our favour and sometimes not.
    "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. ... ” 
    Tombstone Warriors
    "From little ZOMBIs do mighty level 70's grow"

  2. #112
      Treasure Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    226
    World
    Northisle
    In my defense my "smug" comment was only on the last part of the post, about sending our stuff to the person.
    I do write this in a calm manner and sorry if I give another vibe.
    As for the points you make, all in place and I get you, one thing though; I do not compare myself to other players wishing for all they got at once. I am just anticipating what the market will do to me and trying to estimate hom much time is this delaying some of the goals I've set to do here.

  3. #113
    Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dark Castle
    Posts
    984
    World
    Newfoundland
    Let me try understand this having just completed an expedition.

    The buildings/resources/military/population on my main island have ZERO influence when playing PvP - this might as well just be separate game right?

    Cannot believe I've waited 3 years for this lol?

    Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 15.11.14 at 22:44.

  4. #114
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    50
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    Hi Mort
    I just qouted your last comment because I want to answer you and won't qoute everything you said.
    I of course understand your point and I understand how players that play much longer than me are actually welcoming these changes. What I don't get is why no one can put him self into position of us who yet have to come to that level of bordnes with game.
    What I mean is, have you all forgot how hard actually is (as it is) to get all those gold towers? I mention gold towers becase they are the ones that have made a market such a crazy place with inflated prices (fe. 10k bronze swords 1k coins)?

    With no weapons from loots and changes with camps in FT adventures I don't think it will be any time soon.
    But while all of that is going on market will still be inflated because many, many players already have these gold towers and money to buy stuff. Again those are the same players that welcome changes....

    So what has the game bring better to me and those in similar position to me?
    It's just a matter of optimizing your weaponsproduction, we all will be afflicted of that if u're lvl20 or even 50. And to the matter of ur goldtowers. They don't ruin the market, try figure out how many coins u get from 1 a day... They won't make u rich. No go sell some stuff on TO much more effective... Been 50 for a long time now I don't have the 3 goldtowers, I have proritized other things. It's a matter of how u play, don't blame BB and changes or anybody else but urself
    Last edited by Girly68; 15.11.14 at 22:50.

  5. #115
      Treasure Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    226
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Girly68 View Post
    It's just a matter of optimizing your weaponsproduction, we all will be afflicted of that if u're lvl20 or even 50. And to the matter of ur goldtowers. They don't ruin the market, try figure out how many coins u get from 1 a day... They won't make u rich. No go sell some stuff on TO much more effective... Been 50 for a long time now I don't have the 3 goldtowers, I have proritized other things. It's a matter of how u play, don't blame BB and changes or anybody else but urself
    Why exactly should I blame my self exactly Girly? Lol
    I have strategised in one way with what I had and believed it is so and will be so; and then everything changed and now I need to make changes that will set me back...how is this my fault?

  6. #116
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    71
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well I do hope BB have had a serious rethink of the new loot drops...based on the test server results the drops no way live up to their claims.

    Quote
    'Instead of weapons, raw materials for producing weapons will be included and the loot will be adjusted to the losses of the particular adventure.'

    I have taken the example drops for 4 Black Knight adventures from the following 2 posts
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post268478
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ll=1#post34064

    they reveal the following

    Slot 1:-
    900 Granite, 250 Salt, 900 Exotic logs
    ( I guess this is a random drop slmilar to the existing slot 1. I also expect titanium ore would be one of the drops here)

    Slot 2:-
    750 Copper ore

    Slot 3:-
    600 Iron ore

    Slot 4:-
    750 Coal

    Slot 5:-
    600 Hardwood Logs

    Slot 6-
    600 Horse

    Slot 7:-
    150 Settlers

    Slot 8:-
    600 Brew

    Slot 9:-
    600 Coins, 165 Bread
    (again I guess this is a random drop . Perhaps sausages would be one of the drops here)

    Slot 10:- (refill)
    add 800 Coal, add 600 Meat

    Slot 11:- (refill)
    add 600 Iron ore, add 800 coal

    Slot 12:-
    Experience or star coins?



    So what are my normal losses for a BK?

    Now I'm a level 50 with cannons, Maj Gen, MMA, 2 Vets, BHG's and Tavern Generals....The best losses I can achieve for BK is around 400R loss.

    So, currently, to make 400R's I would need:-
    400 Settlers
    2K Brew
    12K coal
    4K copper ore

    Hmm we get from the loot
    150 settlers, 600 brew, 750 coal (plus 1600 double buffed from the refill) and 750 copper ore.

    Ok there is more in the loot...perhaps I could trade some, but I doubt I would get enough resources through trading to make the required 400Rs. (Note I'll keep the granite and gold coins, I'll need them to upgrade all my buildings)

    Now what about the lower levels I'm sure they need more than 400R to complete Black Knights !!!!!!!!!!



    So how many troops can we make from the loot drop then?


    Ah..but we aren't supposed to spam R's anymore...lets see what we can make from the loot that is dropped:-

    Slot 1:-
    Granite for upgrades, enough Salt to make 7 cannons ( less than 1Cannoneer), enough Exotic logs for 56 Crossbows to make 5XBs (but no titanium), ?amount of titanium ore

    Slot 2:-
    Enough Copper ore for 75R

    Slot 3:-
    Enough Iron ore for 7M

    Slot 4:-
    Coal to make some of the weapons ie 100 BS (for 10R) or 37 Iron swords (3M) or 18 SS (less than 1S) as for Elites & Cannon I doubt it's enough to make 1Military Unit of each.

    Slot 5:-
    Enough logs for 37 Longbows (3LB)

    Slot 6:-
    Enough Horses for 15C

    Slot 7:-
    Yay 150 Settlers

    Slot 8:-
    Enough brew for 60R or 60B or 60M or 20C or 30 LB or 40S or 12 LB or 12E or 12K

    Slot 9:-
    Coins I need to keep to upgrade my buildings...the bread and (possibly) sausage I would need to make some buffs for my weapon chains

    Slot 10 &11:-
    yay some refils...I can double buff them and make a few more weapons or irma's

    So BB are giving us the loot to make 75R, 7M, 1S, 15C, 3LB & 1XB & about 50 bare knuckle fighters (I've allowed for exotic logs to be droped about 25% of the time)....OK BB lets see you do a BK with those losses


    But it's not just the loot drops that have changed


    Ah, I hear you cry again....BB said they would adjust the weapon chains to make it easier to craft the weapons.
    Well guess what

    Quote '
    Furthermore, production costs for Titanium Sword and Canon were also decreased.'

    AKA we will still only be able to make 75R, 7M, 1S, 15C, 3LB, 1XB as those weapon chains are NOT changed


    Last point...lets compare it to the current weapon drops

    1600 Steel swords (160S) or 600 Damascene Swords (60E) or 1000 Crossbows (100XB) or 300 Cannon (30K).....(plus all the other slots)


    Guess I'll wait till the 25th to see what the drops will be like on the live server.

  7. #117
    Raving Rabbid Mortallicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    527
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    In my defense my "smug" comment was only on the last part of the post, about sending our stuff to the person.
    I do write this in a calm manner and sorry if I give another vibe.
    As for the points you make, all in place and I get you, one thing though; I do not compare myself to other players wishing for all they got at once. I am just anticipating what the market will do to me and trying to estimate hom much time is this delaying some of the goals I've set to do here.
    I admit the 'smug' bit though I did say with a grin did irritate me when i read it earlier in the thread. Its because i think we should not make comments that could be taken personally and then i do it as well but it was a tease. So I really do apologise. I have read other posts that seem to attack the 50's and what they have and i needed to point out we are not all bored either Lots of assumptions on here wound me up.

    Other than that i was answering a part of your post I believed was general and my answer was meant for all newer members and those that felt that all level 50's have had it easy. I really cannot understand why you are so convinced you wont achieve your aims or others like you. BB made it clear the figures would not be accurate on test. So how can we be sure till it goes live. Im not going to waste any more energy on this I have had my say. I know i am not always right and certainly many will disagree with my view but that is okay they are welcome to tell me so and I will listen. What does irritate me is that I went off point. So enough said from me now.
    "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. ... ” 
    Tombstone Warriors
    "From little ZOMBIs do mighty level 70's grow"

  8. #118
    Quartermaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    288
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugglesx View Post
    Well I do hope BB have had a serious rethink of the new loot drops...based on the test server results the drops no way live up to their claims.

    Quote
    'Instead of weapons, raw materials for producing weapons will be included and the loot will be adjusted to the losses of the particular adventure.'

    I have taken the example drops for 4 Black Knight adventures from the following 2 posts
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post268478
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ll=1#post34064

    they reveal the following

    Slot 1:-
    900 Granite, 250 Salt, 900 Exotic logs
    ( I guess this is a random drop slmilar to the existing slot 1. I also expect titanium ore would be one of the drops here)

    Slot 2:-
    750 Copper ore

    Slot 3:-
    600 Iron ore

    Slot 4:-
    750 Coal

    Slot 5:-
    600 Hardwood Logs

    Slot 6-
    600 Horse

    Slot 7:-
    150 Settlers

    Slot 8:-
    600 Brew

    Slot 9:-
    600 Coins, 165 Bread
    (again I guess this is a random drop . Perhaps sausages would be one of the drops here)

    Slot 10:- (refill)
    add 800 Coal, add 600 Meat

    Slot 11:- (refill)
    add 600 Iron ore, add 800 coal

    Slot 12:-
    Experience or star coins?



    So what are my normal losses for a BK?

    Now I'm a level 50 with cannons, Maj Gen, MMA, 2 Vets, BHG's and Tavern Generals....The best losses I can achieve for BK is around 400R loss.

    So, currently, to make 400R's I would need:-
    400 Settlers
    2K Brew
    12K coal
    4K copper ore

    Hmm we get from the loot
    150 settlers, 600 brew, 750 coal (plus 1600 double buffed from the refill) and 750 copper ore.

    Ok there is more in the loot...perhaps I could trade some, but I doubt I would get enough resources through trading to make the required 400Rs. (Note I'll keep the granite and gold coins, I'll need them to upgrade all my buildings)

    Now what about the lower levels I'm sure they need more than 400R to complete Black Knights !!!!!!!!!!



    So how many troops can we make from the loot drop then?


    Ah..but we aren't supposed to spam R's anymore...lets see what we can make from the loot that is dropped:-

    Slot 1:-
    Granite for upgrades, enough Salt to make 7 cannons ( less than 1Cannoneer), enough Exotic logs for 56 Crossbows to make 5XBs (but no titanium), ?amount of titanium ore

    Slot 2:-
    Enough Copper ore for 75R

    Slot 3:-
    Enough Iron ore for 7M

    Slot 4:-
    Coal to make some of the weapons ie 100 BS (for 10R) or 37 Iron swords (3M) or 18 SS (less than 1S) as for Elites & Cannon I doubt it's enough to make 1Military Unit of each.

    Slot 5:-
    Enough logs for 37 Longbows (3LB)

    Slot 6:-
    Enough Horses for 15C

    Slot 7:-
    Yay 150 Settlers

    Slot 8:-
    Enough brew for 60R or 60B or 60M or 20C or 30 LB or 40S or 12 LB or 12E or 12K

    Slot 9:-
    Coins I need to keep to upgrade my buildings...the bread and (possibly) sausage I would need to make some buffs for my weapon chains

    Slot 10 &11:-
    yay some refils...I can double buff them and make a few more weapons or irma's

    So BB are giving us the loot to make 75R, 7M, 1S, 15C, 3LB & 1XB & about 50 bare knuckle fighters (I've allowed for exotic logs to be droped about 25% of the time)....OK BB lets see you do a BK with those losses


    But it's not just the loot drops that have changed


    Ah, I hear you cry again....BB said they would adjust the weapon chains to make it easier to craft the weapons.
    Well guess what

    Quote '
    Furthermore, production costs for Titanium Sword and Canon were also decreased.'

    AKA we will still only be able to make 75R, 7M, 1S, 15C, 3LB, 1XB as those weapon chains are NOT changed


    Last point...lets compare it to the current weapon drops

    1600 Steel swords (160S) or 600 Damascene Swords (60E) or 1000 Crossbows (100XB) or 300 Cannon (30K).....(plus all the other slots)


    Guess I'll wait till the 25th to see what the drops will be like on the live server.
    dont worry it will be the same....because they have no imagination...they make devs without asking the community what they want...

  9. #119
    Shadowvzs87
    ots really crap if loot will be that bad, mainly for lower levels, whos use alot more unit for adventures with normal general.......

  10. #120
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,775
    World
    Sandycove
    the loot will be adjusted to the losses of the particular adventure.". Question whose losses, A level 32 player running IOTP might suffer 10x the losses of a level 50 running the same adventure.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [Dev Diary] Colonies and PvP
    By BB_Ravel in forum Dev Diaries
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26.11.14, 15:13
  2. [Feedback] Dev Diary: About PVP and more...
    By BB_Dantesama in forum News Feedback
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 17.01.14, 13:56
  3. [Feedback] Dev Diary: TSO 20th Anniversary
    By BB_Dantesama in forum News Feedback
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 27.08.13, 16:25
  4. [Feedback] Dev Diary Part 1
    By BB_Dantesama in forum News Feedback
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 21.05.13, 06:46
  5. [Feedback] Dev Diary 20/11/2012
    By Orca45 in forum News Feedback
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 07.12.12, 13:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.