Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    2 months into it and the same bugs as on first release day are still there, great job BB.

World
    Newfoundland
    You wanted new ones?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't mind the PvP. A lot of it works well. One thing that I think could be improved is the different maps I sometimes get. I've succeeded at 2 small colonies and failed lots at the start, and 1 other one now that I know what I'm doing.
    The first 2 were the same map (for ease of reference, Map A), and a very easy one. I built up my troops for the third but got a completely different map (Map B), and this one was really hard compared to the first one.

With Map A I only had to take out one camp and I could hit the first leader camp. Taking the first leader camp would also wipe out the first player defense structure as well, if the enemy player had opted to place one there.
    In Map A I could skip the second leader camp altogether by taking a normal camp (or two?), and then I could block most of the way to the third and final leader camp. In fact, on Map A I could avoid all the enemy player defense structures.
    Map B was completely the opposite. The layout was such that I was forced to take out all leader camps, and the leader camps were extremely well guarded. The first leader camp was blocked by two other camps, and expecting the same level of difficulty as Map A, I had only brought 100 of each attack troop.

I think it would be much more effective to present a well balanced challenge at each level. I think players should expect to be able to tackle any small colony map with the same approximate army size. I understand that they have to be different to keep people interested, but I think the player defense buildings can easily provide these differences based on what unit type the opposing player choses to equip them with.
    I find it odd that on Map A I could avoid all the enemy player's defense buildings. It seemed like there was no point to even having them. I feel like it could be improved if the defense buildings were placed in areas where I'm forced to interact with them. That would at least bring the difficulty to a level comparable to Map B
    Last edited by Glux; 20.01.15 at 08:23.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi, I did not not played Settlers Online in while. I got a small daughter 3y ago (new priorities). Now I got a bit of free time and I was checking the colony and expedition part. I searched for expeditions two time (to see what is it about) and I canceled them to build up expedition force. Now I cannot search for colony and all my colony slots are locked. Why is that? This is not so cool too.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TociZS View Post
    Hi, I did not not played Settlers Online in while. I got a small daughter 3y ago (new priorities). Now I got a bit of free time and I was checking the colony and expedition part. I searched for expeditions two time (to see what is it about) and I canceled them to build up expedition force. Now I cannot search for colony and all my colony slots are locked. Why is that? This is not so cool too.
    are you currently doing an adventure? you can't do an adv and an expedition at the same time

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    That is true. I do a 12 days adventure very slowly. I thought they go on separate feeds. ;-) Tnx.

Reply to Thread