Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Please turn production week off

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Fishslice i normally respect ur opinion on the forums but i muist admit ur response to this post its kinda childish.

yes i agree ppl should read what is coming up, but a FORCED option like this is very silly. Athough i dont have a problem and understand we are not losing anythink as it is simply being converted. It definately would have been better and almost as easy for BB to make it into a buff. you have to rember me and you have played this game for a long time and have nice set ups. But having both the move and the extra production is silly. For myself I am in the middle of a massive upgarde cycle after 6months of absense from the game and i am finding it impossible to take advantage of the free moving. Players who are just trying to get there economy in balance for the first time have no chance.

I agree the game need to evole and change to survie and have no issue with this. But this very simply could have been made into a optional buff and not forced, or at the very leats not put at the same time when ppl are able to move there island freeley (causing monitoring production chains alot harder)

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    True and if it was an optional buff then many who don't or cant read wouldn't know the buff existed so they would lose out - so there has to be a compromise and one was selected. All I am saying is that to suggest this should be removed is insulting to the many players that did take the time to read about the feature and planned accordingly.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    to remove it at this point would be silly and tbh we both know it won't happen. But i would advise they exstend the free moving as this was poorly planned, although i will admit that is my personal issue with the event.

Saving buffs and taking advantage like u have is smart and a good idea.

but rember to save resources before hand isn't always possible for alot of players.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    On that we can agree - it would have been better if they had offered a bonus month - 2 weeks of free moving followed by 2 weeks of extended output or vice versa.

And I think we can both agree that the only reason for both is to try to placate the noise about no weapons from loot - I suppose BB are assuming we are all hard core adventuring and gaining lots of additional resources that way.

World
    Sandycove
    so many just do not read the forum - hence it has been so busy in help channels trying to explain. BB either never saw these implications (likely) or chose to ignore telling people about them (more likely).

or other way around..

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Well BB advertised this prior to it going live so suggesting it should be switched of is like saying:
    'I don't read the updates that BB notify me about on the front page and the forum and I have a brain to small to understand that I could have planned to store extra resources or I can reduce the number of buildings actively producing to enable me to manage my economy, so let me take the easy option and ask for this excellent short term bonus to be removed'.

On the other hand, knowing the 'feature' was coming I stockpiled the Damascene Hammer weapon buffs and resources and I now have my weapons producing twice as fast and outputting X3 for 24 hours. Happy Days :-)
    Speaking of people with brains too small to understand things that are written down, this is an excellent example. Thanks for your amazing insight.

Firstly, the info in the dev diary was extremely vague and actually misleading. It took some digging around on the French forum to figure out that '50% bonus to production times' was actually a 100% increase and wasn't simply an output buff.

Secondly, you'll note that in my original post above I actually did turn off some buildings to keep my production chains intact. I also stockpiled resources and buffs but I for sure don't have enough to keep everything from coal to weaponsmiths fully buffed 24/7 for 2 weeks. I doubt that you do either. Likewise resources. Having a stockpile is nice and of course I have a reserve but I'd need 2 weeks of output in hand to cover this event. As I said, I have turned things off and adjusted my production chains (one of the advantages of not having a tiny brain you see) and the net result is that during this 'production week' (both words of which are misleading), I am producing less than I would normally. I don't have a choice about this, I can't choose not to enjoy this 'excellent short term bonus' and it's been implemented in a way that breaks most economies, messes up new players learning about the game and reduces the overall level of productivity.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    IainC - If you had said all of the above in your original post then my response may not have been so flippant - that being said if turning 8 off means that you don't produce enough bronze while only turning 7 off means you run out of copper and coal sounds like you don't have a reserve (which you state above) if less than 12 hours after the feature has gone live you are complaining about running out of resources.

If as you say you don't have a tiny brain (my post was generalising about the multiple complaining posts but not specific to you) I assume that you wont be running out of resources in day 1, but that you have a little stockpile to last you for a few days whilst you figure out how best to balance those affected resources or even use some resources that aren't impacted to trade for those that are. After all there should be a lot more resources from loot available either in your inbox or on trade.

In response to your other points:
    If someone suggested I would get a 50% bonus on production time, then I would assume it was the time that affected not the output.
    Could I run my economy from coal to weaponsmiths buffed 24X7 for 2 weeks? Yes without a doubt. I tend not to as I don't log in often enough, but I could.
    You don't need a 2 week reserve at all. If you adventure you will be getting additional resources. If you don't adventure but trade then trade for them. Maybe try a little of both. If you do neither then it begs the question of what you play the game for.
    Producing less than you would normally - maybe finding that balance through securing the extra resources will help you out here.

Hope the above helps you find a middle ground as to produce less suggests you aren't being as creative as your last post suggests.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well BB advertised this prior to it going live so suggesting it should be switched of is like saying:
    'I don't read the updates that BB notify me about on the front page and the forum and I have a brain to small to understand that I could have planned to store extra resources or I can reduce the number of buildings actively producing to enable me to manage my economy, so let me take the easy option and ask for this excellent short term bonus to be removed'.

On the other hand, knowing the 'feature' was coming I stockpiled the Damascene Hammer weapon buffs and resources and I now have my weapons producing twice as fast and outputting X3 for 24 hours. Happy Days :-)
    Hmm, but on the other hand, we're supposed to swallow that BB don't read bug reports, feedback or pretty much anything.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    You don't need a 2 week reserve at all. If you adventure you will be getting additional resources. If you don't adventure but trade then trade for them. Maybe try a little of both.
    It's hard to adventure when lag is so bad you can barely do anything... and it's hard to trade when lots of people are looking for the same resources as you for precisely the same reason. I'm just glad I foresaw the storm and locked down my island pretty tight last night.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    sadly i have to agree. I did read and knew this was coming. But yet i still didnt find myself with the ability of stopping production week. Turning off half you production is not a solution for this. how do you turn half a longbow maker off?

Reply to Thread