Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please turn production week off

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    It's hard to adventure when lag is so bad you can barely do anything... and it's hard to trade when lots of people are looking for the same resources as you for precisely the same reason. I'm just glad I foresaw the storm and locked down my island pretty tight last night.
    Rather like the recent Explorer week which was so bad they ended up doing fewer searches, not more.
    Aside from the lag, not a lot of point adventuring since the loot got nerfed, and even doing them for xp seems daft as you'll only have to do it all again when the inevitable rollback takes place to restore the game to normal, otherwise they'd have a mammoth task resetting premium days, reimbursing loot etc...
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Thing is this is not done for the players benefit, despite what people think.

You make more stuff quicker but it burns everything out faster.

You have more stuff to sell, yet the price of all of those resources is going down, as so does everyone else.

What happens then?

You end up with Bronze weaps and Horses coming out your ears and no one wanting to buy them....all the while your wheat fields and mines burn out, thus bottle necking the supply chain to other useful things....i.e bread and tools.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    It doesn't need to be turned off, they need to add everything in the chains. So coal, pinewood cutters/forresters at least. I have plenty of coal stockpiled but low players will be screwed

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    What a thoughtfully designed and bneautifully constructed game. I shall get out my credit card immediately

World
    Sandycove
    Turn it off! A wonderfully balanced economy now in ruins. At least allow me to control it by building or sector. I think I'm producing less than I was before because I had to shut almost everything off. Horrible idea.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    What was the idea behind making the copper smelters and bronze weaponsmiths faster? I really would like to know! Just to burn off more coal?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It's just another badly thought out idea from BB, something that should have given us double prodution has given us nothing as we had to turn stuff off to keep it balanced, did no one at BB think of that? Silly question I know, and as for the free building movement what use is that if you have no space to move anything? Another epic fail!!

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't understand the complaints here. At the risk of getting flamed here, why can't you yourself not sleep these buildings instead? If you don't want double production, just put half the chain to sleep. And I know this only works out right if you have an even number of buildings but I don't think losing out on a small fraction of what you used to make is a bad alternative.

I admit, the drain on the ores is the biggest problem, but these ores are relatively cheaper in trade than the worth of bars or weapons produced. You can make yourself a tidy profit during this period.

Someone much smarter than me came up with the quote:
    "When life gives you lemons....."

World
    Northisle
    Bigger problem is that speeding smelters and weaponsmiths results in bigger amount of load to servers making everything lag. It's ridiculous that pushing the upgrade building button takes more than a minute to actually start the upgrade.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Bigger problem is that speeding smelters and weaponsmiths results in bigger amount of load to servers making everything lag. It's ridiculous that pushing the upgrade building button takes more than a minute to actually start the upgrade.
    But, apparently, no-one is complaining of lag... or so support tells me... go figure!

Reply to Thread