Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Please turn production week off

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Please turn production week off

It's a mess, all of the production chains are now broken. I can compensate for some by turning buildings off but it's not possible to balance everything that way - Example, I can turn 3 of my 6 bronze weaponsmiths off but I have 15 copper smelters and turning 8 off means that I don't produce enough bronze while only turning 7 off means I run out of copper and coal. Either make it work like a buff (add to output only) or stop it entirely. As it stands my production during 'production week' is actually lower than normal because I have to turn so much off to make things balance again.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    As above....what a mess. This is not a boon.

World
    Sandycove
    again, just turn them off if you don't need it, like I did.. There are many people who will use it. It just takes some investigation on the economy window to sort out, which ultimately makes ppl more aware of their usage.

What I will say however is this, there are many players who do not play daily for whatever reason. Those ppl will come online to see their islands devastated..

World
    Newfoundland
    Although there are work rounds, I don't like this at all.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, but you get to move around stuff for free ... that's pretty cool

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishybreath View Post
    Yeah, but you get to move around stuff for free ... that's pretty cool
    isn't that a different topic? I don't think people have an issue with the movement week, Just the production week.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    either turn production off or at the very least add Coal to it.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Production week = some will like so okish idea

free move week = brilliant idea i like

both at the same time = brain damaged idea please seak help froma doctor

I see the benefit of both and the reasons you have done it. But what use is two "FORCED" weeks of extra production at the same time as an oppurtunity to move ur buildings. Unless i take out a caluclator and do a lot of sums i am unable to take advantage of the free move. I have set up my production chains so that i make very little excess of thing like sya wheat/ grain, iron bars so moving any building while my island is unbalanced is impossible as i am just gonna have to pay alot more putting it back after when its normal again.

Please run both sepeartely or give us an option for the extra production. say a buff that lasts two weeks. That way we can move our islands first with out causing damage and then take advantage of extra production. When you produced 4 surplus bronze bars every 12 hours placement really does matter.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I had an almost balanced economy and managed to keep it a little over the edge. Now all went down to hell and ALL of my iron mines upgraded to lvl 2 are not enough to keep my production. Tomorrow will be even better when ALL of my iron mines collapse at the same time. I have no more building resources left to build and upgrade because of the building frenzy today and had to buy new building licenses which I would normally not need. Thanks. Wake me up in two weeks.
    P.S. Why is it called "production week" if it's two weeks???

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well BB advertised this prior to it going live so suggesting it should be switched of is like saying:
    'I don't read the updates that BB notify me about on the front page and the forum and I have a brain to small to understand that I could have planned to store extra resources or I can reduce the number of buildings actively producing to enable me to manage my economy, so let me take the easy option and ask for this excellent short term bonus to be removed'.

On the other hand, knowing the 'feature' was coming I stockpiled the Damascene Hammer weapon buffs and resources and I now have my weapons producing twice as fast and outputting X3 for 24 hours. Happy Days :-)

Reply to Thread