Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Please turn production week off

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ViliusV View Post
    Simple put 3x buff and you get your 600 income. Just dont say that you cant wait few weeks till PW will finished? Its realy making a problem where is no problem totaly just clam down and calculate how mutch you can earn and just stock it and later sell it... Its crying for nothing. All this PW is great thing you had pretty mutch time to prepare for it.
    Great, will you give me enough 3x buffs to last me the entire two weeks? How kind of you. Is the offer valid for everyone or is it just me? Just add me as a friend in game and send the trades.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BWTD View Post
    and some things you dont like others will. youve been spoilt by getting all your weapons from loot and bb have reconized that production chains for high end weaponery was null and void. theyve now made a change where your actually have to have production chains for your weapons and your complaining? your lazyness has turned to complacency.
    Im loving the extra 50% production atm and i planned for it a few weeks back and will be producing iron and steel swords all the way through it with a minus 10k coal/h and im a relatively new player which this patch has hit the most. established players moaning about productions chains didnt have their island set up properly in the first place
    Once again. THE DEVS [ removed ] DID IT THE WRONG WAY. If they wanted to give us extra weapons, they should have changed the OUTPUT from the weapon production buildings for two weeks. That would have given the same 100 % increase (not 50 %, your maths is off) but without messing up our finely tuned economies. The problem isn't the free stuff, the problem is that it's not really free. It causes quite a lot of problems for many players because the devs are utter idiots.

Also, what's with the condescending tone? How about you read through the thread at see what the actual issues are before you waltz in [ removed ]

Hello Zotamedu,

I understand your frustration, but please keep the insults away from the forum.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 30.11.14 at 14:32.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    i seriously don't understand you BB. you gave a boost of few weeks to the production of certain buildings, but you actually don t care at all if it unbalance our production , why on earth you did n t include everything, what is the point to boost some buildings but not all of them, my coal production isn t at all efficient anymore and wood production is useless also
    and the only help and advice we can get is switch off the production to rebalance everything, and all this it s for 3 weeks , i can see the people who does those rubbish changes don t play the game,
    all this for pvp play, by the way it isn t a pvp system, and there is no point to get a colony, the loot and the colony production don t come close to pay for the resources you spend to take the colony , another bad maths.it s useless to give us a boost production when the all chain of buildings isn t boost, so what you actually did is this BB. you boost the last building of some chain production and because you did n t boost all the buildings of that chain we have to switch off some of the buildings you boosted to re-balance our production.We can t produce enough resources to use all of our boosted buildings.the people who did the maths on this one, probably should n t be doing the maths, Well done BB
    my point in all this is,what the point for us to have boosted buildings, but have to switch off half of them because we cant produce enough resources to use them all. And why do you think it is helping us to have done so BB ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Well said Zotamedu in that the only time there is any BB input here is to tell you off for improper language. This is what always happens, BB have little regard for their customer base it seems. Certainly having read a recent article in which Teut Weidemann - lead designer for TSO stated, quote:

"You have to think about making a fun game and monetizing it at the same time." That's a huge burden and a big change from what we've done before," he said, adding that "we have to bring them in and keep them addicted and make them keep playing. Selling advantages is seen as evil. That's over for free-to-play games."

He continued by saying, quote:

"We are monetizing all the weakness of people," Weidemann says, turning his talk toward the seven biblical sins, and how these can be turned into hard cash."

So there you have it from the horses mouth, it's all about the cash, not about what you or I or anyone else IN the game wants, but how much BB/Ubisoft can make' Yes, we all knew that but now they have said it publically.

If you want the link to the article mail me in game and I will pass it along - if I put it here doubtless it will end up nice and lilac.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Incidentally my way to deal with the production issue has been to turn off almost all my coal, pine, water users and to sell the extra resources - doing very nicely thank you BB.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    yeah

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    "we have to bring them in and keep them addicted and make them keep playing."
    I have been pondering this one for a while and I must confess I am still trying to figure out how messing up players' ability to adventure, introducing a PvP that even players that wanted one are rapidly coming to the conclusion it is a waste of effort/resources/etc. and causing horrific lag with bonus weeks keeps people playing...?

Nothing lordloocan has quoted is a surprise. I saw some very similar comments coming from an EA exec interviewed a year or so back. I am just having a hard time understanding how this latest update furthers this goal. Furthermore, I am having an even harder time trying to understand how rushing buggy and/or untested code onto live servers translates into consumer confidence enough to want to spend "hard cash". What I am seeing in the feedback threads seems to suggest the exact opposite in this regard.

World
    Newfoundland
    OK, I had waited with bated breath, expecting this not to be as demanding as it has turned out to be on my chain.
    i had saved up a lot of coal to compensate until there was a chance to reorg my chains.
    But the coal is just way to slow still to keep up if all stuff is running.
    What are chances next time of a bit of extra thought from BB on the coal side of speeding up times as well,so we can actually run all weapon chains without the worry of running out of coal every day?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    i can run all chains and still have +20k coal /12h. you're doing it wrong.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    So you have 1 sword maker?

Reply to Thread