Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deleting Marshals out of isle?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Deleting Marshals out of isle?

I gave up from PVP after I tried it, and now my 4 marshals + supplier are taking my valuable space on isle and it seems its not possible to delete them.

Only suggestion I could find is to send them to some expedition, in the meantime, build on all slots on map wells so they cant land in isle. But this is not solution! Why dont we have option to delete unnecessary generals/marshal from the isle?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB thought you would actually build shrines around them to worship them. How dare you not to like pvp

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I think its too early for most of us to make a decision about PvP and it would be a shame to delete stuff within the first week. In time even the most resolute haters of PvP could change their minds
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I think its too early for most of us to make a decision about PvP
    It was clearly too early for it to go live...

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I really am no expert but just using basic logic

1. They promised PvP at least in 2012. Many have been waiting for it. I am sure it has proven harder to implement something that will work well with a browser game then one with a download.

2. Test. The only true test would be to copy the live servers in their entirety and then get us all to play for a couple of weeks. Even then the test would not be accurate because some people just do not have adequate equipment to run the game or do not upkeep them properly.

The main problem with this game are some of those that play it. Killjoys.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    It was clearly too early for it to go live...
    Next century may have been better

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    The main problem are killjoys? Are you totally blind?

General lag of all the graphics in the game
    Generals attacking camps 3 to 4 times
    erratic behavior combat armory
    Training expedition error
    Northisle: Server Zone Crashed - An error was detected on this zone
    PvP Issues
    A couple of issues with PvP
    Missing Marshal after sending him to training expedition

And these are just the people who have bothered posting to the forums. Try reading the help channel for half an hour. And I dread to think how many mails support have had from people that can't use their colonies.

These people are all killjoys are they? These people who are getting locked out of the game, for whom it is not working if they can log in, or are suffering monstrous lag that makes the game all but unplayable are all killjoys?

Your comments are insulting
    Last edited by Gerontius; 28.11.14 at 11:40.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Add to this bug while u want to send general from your adventure to LS, instead of going to LS adventure, hes going back home...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    add to this all troops lost cause general which are 1 second walking towards target camp then suddenly teleport back to thier garrison....lost so many elites past 2 days because of this bug....dont suppose BB are goner replace them and its goner take me weeks to replace now that we dont get weapon drops any more...
    what a lovely game we have,so glad it's run by people who know what they doing

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really am no expert but just using basic logic

1. They promised PvP at least in 2012. Many have been waiting for it. I am sure it has proven harder to implement something that will work well with a browser game then one with a download.

2. Test. The only true test would be to copy the live servers in their entirety and then get us all to play for a couple of weeks. Even then the test would not be accurate because some people just do not have adequate equipment to run the game or do not upkeep them properly.

All three of these statements are objectively wrong.

1: It's not harder at all. Every platform has its own restrictions and limitations but it's not harder to make features for browser games than for client based games. I make games for a living, this point is nonsense.

2: It has nothing to do with end user equipment. The game has a very low requirement because it runs in a browser, uses Flash and most of the heavy lifting is done by the server. It is entirely possible to simulate lots of connections to a server and test in that environment.

3: Ahahahahahaha. The main problem with the game are the poorly thought through and poorly implemented features. The second biggest problem are the people who insist that this isn't a problem.
    Last edited by IainC; 28.11.14 at 16:06.

Reply to Thread