Reply to Thread

Thread: What have you done?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

What have you done?

I just tried to do an Isle of Pirates to get rid of a couple of quests, and the whole thing was a complete mess.
    Sent the generals off in order, so that the 2 ninjas would be 1st to arrive.
    Went to island map, but none of the adventure quests popped up as they have done since the game began. Had to manually activate them, including the 'find collectables' one. After finding the cauldron, went and made a cuppa and got meds as I awaited the generals' arrival.
    Sat with cuppa expecting to hear the clunk of the 1st arrival then suddenly noticed 1 general was already on map (silently) and a massive piece of text over the top of the camp declaring him to be a "Master of Martial Arts" which covered the entire right half of the restricted LZ that adventure has. Obscured by this text there was the hint of a percentage counter that normally appears as the garrison builds, tried to select the camp several times, but it would not allow, however the 'aggro zone' lit up the surrounding area red, adding to the confused mess.
    Second general had started arriving by now, but the graphic was underneath the obtrusive text from the 1st camp, and having the mouse over the 1st garrison, pictures of the contents also appeared adding to the cluttered screen.
    Both these garrisons appeared to have to build twice before they could even be selected, the red aggro zones stayed lit, the names were overwriting everyting, including each other, and the troop pictures were loathe to disappear until long after the mouse had been moved away.
    By the time 4 generals had landed, the entire section of the map would have made Picasso throw up, everyting coloured red, text overwriting land and other camps, and random troop heads over the top of it all. The 5th general must have arrived too, but no notification that he could not land.
    Oh, and to top it all, they'd arrived in a different order to sending, so only 1 was placed as intended, meaning I had to use just him for the 1st 3 camps, nstead of rotating the attacks.
    Even more screen clutter as enemy camps also hung pictures of troops all over the place. If this had been an adventure with hidden traps, they would have been nigh on impossible to search for.
    After clearing the 1st sector, I hoped things would improve as I could finally spread the generals out. It didn't. The MOMA text in particular was so large, it could overwrite another camp some distance away.
    Muddled on as best I could, until I defeated the map, glad to be going back to the relative sanity of Home island. However, the madness was not yet over.
    Back at HQ, went to open the loot mails, and the main one for IotP was so long it scrolled over 2 pages, apart from a small amount of granite (less than it used to be but at least it wasn't the usual e/w logs) it was just full of junk. All low level stuff my island produces competently, and all stuff that was already full in storage.
    So, when I clicked on the collect button, I got loads of "storage full" notifications, which ran off the bottom of the screen, overwrote the chat screen, and stuffed that up so much I later had to refresh to get it back working again.
    As this also was an 'achievement', if the notification for that ever triggered, it was probably 6 feet below the visible screen.
    My star menu, already cluttered, has grown another 2 pages with the added junk, that should be a lovely addition to an already laggy situation, and for a "resource adventure" there was pretty much nothing of any value or use.

What a complete and utter shambles, you took something that worked and made a complete pig's ear of it. If this had ever been tested, you'd have put it down there and then.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    have you cleared your cache and updated your flash ??

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Of course, but this is a problem all of BB's doing, they've messed with stuff that should have been left well alone again.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    And the bizarre behaviour just keeps on coming

Started a Lost Skull, same daft problems with text over the garrisons merging with neighbouring camps.
    Then at Camp 2, it got really weird.
    Sent an MMA with 1r as a suicide wave. The general got to the camp, and the battle animation started, few seconds later, it stopped, then it started a 2nd battle animation. This one played out, and got the "defeat" klaxon. No battle report appeared in mail though. General starts walking back from camp, goes a few inches then vanishes completely. About a minute or two later he suddenly emerge from his tent again, heading back to the bandit camp, clicking on the garrison shows him as "attacking", but he has no troops loaded, and the retreat button is greyed out and unresponsive. He again vanishes, then later appears close to bandit camp, where a 3rd battle animation takes place. He's then seen briefly leaving, before vanishing once more. On checking the garrison, he's now shown as "recovering" (which is what he should have been doing all along), and the battle report finally appears in mailbox, showing a report which is what would have been expected had the battle gone normally.
    BB, this is a shambles, please return the game to "last known working", ie: before you put this untested PvP garbage on it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Getting it really bad here for 2 days , same problem generals multi attacking the same camp over and over. Takes approx 3 minutes to make a 1r mma kill.
    Then he still walks up and down for a few minutes after that.
    Even killed a camp or 2 for them only to re appear a few minutes later,,, this has become totally unaccepable , and as a PAYING customer ( who stopped paying along time ago) this is just not on.
    Last edited by Nom1975; 28.11.14 at 21:58.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Just doing my first Adv since update - Witch od Swamp - and I'm getting all of the above. I have no idea if blocks are going to work - they have - but gens just wandering around after multiple attacks. Basically on a constant loop.

A lot of people in my Guild have been complaining about it all week, so yet another issue created by BB. And ignored obviously.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    400 cannons, gone, boo hoo

Reply to Thread