Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adventures Messed Up Since the PVP / Bonus Week Update

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Adventures Messed Up Since the PVP / Bonus Week Update

Generally I am not suffering from any lag problems which many are reporting but certain adventures seem to cause me problems. The below are adventures that I have experienced problems with, along with the associated problem. I encourage others to post their findings so that we can build up a profile of what adventures may be impacted worse than others or any adventures that seem safer to play at present. Maybe BB will then be able to find a 'fix' for the issues.....

Gunpowder - Generals skipping past a Normal Camp and attacking the Leader Camp whilst the General sent to the Normal Camp never shows as attacking the camp even though he walked into it - a refresh shows the General attacking the Normal Camp as only just leaving his camp and thereby not even starting his attack on the Normal Camp which was supposed to be blocked. In other attacks, the blocking general appears to correctly commence the block, the MMA skips past the Blocking Camp correctly but then never gets to the Leader Camp and a refresh shows not only did the MMA get intercepted (no intercept message displayed) but he went into the Blocking Camp first!

Valiant Little Tailor - Camps being attacked in wrong order even though I tracked the generals and no General was near the camp when it showed it was being attacked. Last Leader taken and map cleared - the map shows 3 Generals walking back to Camp correctly but 2 ghost Generals still walking towards the Leader Camp that no longer existed.

Adventures I have experienced no problems with....

Bandit Nest
    Island 0f the Pirates
    More Secluded Experiments
    Motherly Love
    Roaring Bull

Whilst no problem still yet with Motherly Love - I do wish this picture was correct and I had 3 MMA
    Last edited by fishslice; 30.11.14 at 09:01.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Bandit nest
    I sent a normal gen to block camp next to last leader (top left) followed by a mma and a major gen. After sending them I went back to my home island but a minute later I returned to checked the block. I noticed the gens were closer together than they should, and waited for messages.
    First message: mma intercepted. -> quick retreat
    second message: major intercepted -> quick retreat
    I saw the 3rd gen enter the red zone of the camp that should be blocked, no message because it was my normal gen. -> quick retreat, as the leader would not be killed.

Somehow my gens swapped places/overtook each other.

2nd attempt worked perfectly.

World
    Newfoundland
    This happened a week ago, before this weeks update:

Black knights.
    last attack (block) on northern castle. everything goes perfectly. blocking general starts well before attacking general reaches agro area. attacking general goes into castle. after usual pause the battle starts. but the attack isnt on the castle or the blocked camp but another camp not related to the block at all. i mean i have done it tens of times before and it always worked. did it after once more to confirm in next bk and everything was as normal.
    there is NO way the general could have been in that camp no possibility of entering agro area at all
    no intercept message, if general would have been intercepted he should have started attack at a different time but it started exactly the few sec after it entered castle.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 30.11.14 at 22:52.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Roaring bull
    24 xbows assinged to the general, attack send.... when it comes back, no xbows and more units lost than normal. Than i check battle report and found this:

Last edited by julka20; 30.11.14 at 12:56.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    BK is messed up beyond belief since update. Horses go all over the place, LS-attacks happen 2-4 times, camps build and then start over and build again, and I've had trouble with block glitches which causes the whole attack to go wrong. Hope for a quick fix for this.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Lost 400 cannons in VLT. Combat sim every camp but still attack fails...........boo

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFungi View Post
    Lost 400 cannons in VLT. Combat sim every camp but still attack fails...........boo
    Enemies in fairytales have changed since the patch. Many of them now get splash damage and some other abilities. Have you checked with an updated combat sim?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    it happens in all adventures, its general client lag / bugs. client goes crazy after you invite lootspots, general walking randomly, warping etc... but i've done VLTs 5 times so far no real issue just gotta know you can't trust anything you see. especially after you've left island, just don't retreat, your generals will get there the right way, despite what you see.

only way to make sure you've actually assigned units, is to leave island and come back see if they still assigned, found that out the hard way. happens when your general warps back to his camp, so you think you can assign units but in reality he's still coming back.

dealing with lag is horrid, better fix it soon. as if the craptastic loot wasn't enough.
    Last edited by Narcil; 01.12.14 at 02:01.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    client goes crazy after you invite lootspots, general walking randomly, warping etc... .......just gotta know you can't trust anything you see. especially after you've left island, just don't retreat, your generals will get there the right way, despite what you see.
    I did think this was correct but a couple of times it does seem that intercepts do not happen as expected. Centre WT of RB: I sent three generals to WT. They walk the same route and first two get intercepted. On one occaision the first one did not get intercepted as usual graphics showed he attacked the WT but battle reports did not reflect this. I retreated after 1 lost battle and the second general had sent (1r) had been intercepted by the camp that should have intercepted the first one.
    Now I also had a fail when I tried to continue and it was impossible to know what was going on given the graphics. I suspect I simply got the timings wrong but the graphics were so confusing that it was impossible to be certain.

World
    Northisle
    I also lost troops in RB (K and E) because the game 'forgot' some troops and I was reloading because it told me gens was intercepted after teleporting...

Reply to Thread