Reply to Thread

Thread: Colony/PVP I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Colony/PVP I give up

Is it just me or is this new feature far too expensive, buggy and badly designed?

After using up two licences, loads of iron, coal, tools (used 20,000 tools for iron production), aunt Irma's, etc etc... I went on my first conquest... After the first battle I decided the "gains" were not worth the input of resources. Restriction on troops and the training quests were annoying... Oh and the battle structure is horrible!!!

So I'm not going to bother :/

The annoying thing is that its effected the trade market, so I can't replete my lost resources as easily as I used to

Why, if I have loads of already trained units, do I have to train more for effectively the same process?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Those of us who tried this on the test server have said all along that the costs far exceed the returns. Yes, might want to give it a go for a change but better doing that on test and not eating your resources up.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'd love to know the pick-up of this new feature is, I bet that after the initial "conquest" quest, it drop sharply... Should have made it cheap to do and good rewards, then hike the costs a little over time... Simple economics dictates that!

World
    Sandycove
    Couldn't agree more. I thought it was fair to give it a real go - loaded up a bunch of expedition troops at an extreme cost of iron and the time to build them, and went on an 'easy' one.
    No way I had enough troops - would take weeks to build enough.
    6 hour time frame for the one I selected - no chance to visit, review and adjust. So you just have to build massive amounts of everything just in case.
    The cost in materials is absurd - and if I would have been successful, gotten a whopping 625 marble per 6 hours.
    No preview or way to see if a marshal will get intercepted.
    Marshals move so fast that if you are intercepted very little you can do about it.
    Overall mechanics clumsy.

If you succeed at any battles however, you do earn a tiny amount of exp and valor points. But that still doesn't make it worthwhile

Save your energy - save yourself - avoid the planet PvP at all cost. Farewell...
    Last edited by Xibor; 03.12.14 at 19:38.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with whats been said. I found the cost in iron ridiculous and the time for the quest was way too short. I was also annoyed that I used up building liscences just a rip off I would say

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Having seen the total pounding other players in my guild have taken attempting colony stuff, I for one won't bother with what looks like the single worst feature in the game so far. See it's very easy to do something when you can just edit what's needed into the game with little to no regard for how long this will take your players to do. It's a far different story when you have to build it all up from scratch. I feel sometimes developers in games forget this in their rush to add a new feature.

Kudos to them though for at least actually being proactive in their game. I'm sure they'll tweak this and give us something worthwhile. Hopefully it won't take TOO long
    Last edited by DLCatlord; 03.12.14 at 09:57.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I also have seen the total pounding on my senior guild mates who should know what they're doing. But a couple of bad losses has already happened. And none succeeeded. It is a joint decision for us at least for not to play the PvP before it fas been fixed. The prices/reward/marshal speed/expedition length balanced into something with any sense in it.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    There are pages and pages of this on test server - ignored. Don't give them any credit just for adding stuff. Give them credit when they add something not completely rubbish waste of time lag inducing junk

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    unfortunately i agree PvP is a waste of tim only ppl who made money are who had 100k iron or 100k steel stored
    Eggman

Reply to Thread