Reply to Thread

Thread: Produce Multiple Stacks

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Produce Multiple Stacks

Thanx BB for the development of producing multiple stacks.
    Have seen it on the testserver and it looks promessing.

Hope more members like the new development. Can't wait till this will be implemented.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes that will be great improvement though I would prefer 1 big stack to be produced.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    A simple change that's long overdue, a child could have programmed this one with a bit of guidance. Gavona, why would you want to make one big stack? If you made one big stack your queue would be tied up for potentially a very long time say if you requested accidentally too many Elites/Cannons. Keeping the multiples of 25 stacks means that you can change your queue without having to wait potentially many hours or even days...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do we know when will this update is gonna be in game???

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just because it's on the test server doesn't meant it will ever make it to the live server so it could be weeks, months or never.
    I agree with Gavona. I often use 200+ buffs at a time so making a stack of a size I use would save me having loads of batches of 25. Same with the troop aspect. I always keep 1000 elites and cannons in my troop numbers so I would like to make 3000 troops or whatever number I need using 1 scroll bar not 2 - plus having settlers in batches of 625 again just fills my star menu.

That being said a big thank you for making this happen 4 years after the game first went live.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    That being said a big thank you for making this happen
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    ...... Gavona, why would you want to make one big stack? If you made one big stack your queue would be tied up for potentially a very long time say if you requested accidentally too many Elites/Cannons. Keeping the multiples of 25 stacks means that you can change your queue without having to wait potentially many hours or even days...
    First thing to say is that it would put me in control of my queue. My strategy would differ for different things.
    Personally I would load PH something like this: 250 baskets, 50 sandwiches, a golden brew mug (guild quests require this) , 500 settlers, 250 settlers and then repeat the sequence with a few other things thrown in every now and then until I have a weeks production loaded up. That is what I do now, and it works well. If I see that the waiting guild quest does not require a golden brew then I delete that from the queue if it does then I will delete other stuff.

The one big stack idea is about the Star Menu. It would mean that I don't have endless rows of stuff to scroll through in my star menu before I get to the type of buffs that I want. On the buffs tab I have to scroll down 36 "pages" to get to baskets at the moment.
    I could also produce stacks of exactly the number of buffs that I need to apply to my buff partner. If I have buffs left when I have finished buffing then I know I have missed something. (Check again on return to my island.)
    For settlers I often want to avoid totally refilling so my schools and Mayors house can still produce some. So I would plan to have a few smaller stacks plus a few huge stacks (I would focus on these being produced whenever I am away from the game for a few days).

Because it puts ME in control I think I prefer this idea to having the SM automatically merging stacks. The more we have to devise our own strategies for managing our islands and gameplay the more I will be kept interested in the game.
    (I feel similarly about the economy button. It would have been better for BB to have given us access to the raw data about our buildings and production and let players get satisfaction through building tools to use it (remember DSO-Mastertools that had a tool that would pull this info out of the game files and tell you how many hours before you would max out? Then you could model in the effects of buffs or extra buildings?)
    Last edited by Gavona; 05.12.14 at 08:39.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    This way will be fine as long as they also stack everything in the star menu. No item should appear in the star more than once

Reply to Thread